INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update all file locations  (Read 527 times)

mstulken

• Recent member
Update all file locations
« on: October 27, 2023, 09:29:38 pm »

I'm not an experienced user so forgive me if this is answered elsewhere. Upgraded to V 31 from V 22 a couple of months ago. I had to upgrade my external harddrives and now some of the file locations are changed. I've gone through a number of menu commands and nothing stands out that will help me do a universal update of all my existing file locations. I'm sure there must be a way, but I'm not seeing it. Can someone help. Ie I have two external hard drives and one is listed as "D" and another as "E". A couple of my music albums got deleted from "D" and I copied them on to "E". Is there an easy way to change this without going through each album track? Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Update all file locations
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 10:02:04 pm »

mstulken

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 10:17:24 pm »

This should help: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137246.0.html
Thanks Jim for the speedy reply. I fooled around with find and replace. Seemed to work for one album but the second one failed, and I must have made a syntax error. Kept trying and ended up having to delete the album from Media server and import a single album restored it to program with the new location. Is there a simpler way of getting the JRiver to do a univeral update of all files and their paths?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023, 07:57:40 am »

The possibilities are discussed in that thread.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 07:26:42 am »

I encourage you to try again. 

Make sure to look at the PREVIEW window that shows you what MC is going to do before you press OK.  Many times I find that I've made a mistake, or didn't know what I was doing and the preview window showed me my mistake.  You can use this to try different techniques and see what will happen before you actually do anything.

Your task is seemingly pretty simple.  You should use UPDATE DATABASE mode.  Turn off all check boxes except for Find & Replace.  Then just fill the old drive letter and new drive letter into find and replace.

Best of luck.
Brian.

mstulken

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 03:13:42 pm »

Thank you for the helpful reply. Much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up