INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing drive in path from X:\ to Z:\  (Read 613 times)

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
Changing drive in path from X:\ to Z:\
« on: November 07, 2023, 09:33:43 am »

Somehow or other a significant number of albums/folders on one of my drives has an incorrect drive location.?!  The folders exist...just not on the drive specified.

Is there a way to...

1) view all the Library folders which have the incorrect drive?

2) "globally" edit folders with the incorrect drive to the correct?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changing drive in path from X:\ to Z:\
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 09:49:21 am »

You can view files on various drives in MC by going to Audio > Files .  There should be a Location column in that view.  It will list all the drives there.  You can click on one of the "locations" and it will list all the files that MC think are on that drive.

If in fact those files are not on X: but are on Z: , you can use the Rename, Move, and Copy Files tool to change the database location.  That is a whole separate operation.  I'll leave that for another discussion and just link you to the documentation for now:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 10:21:34 am »

You can also use the search window in any view to search for the drive letter.  For example:

X:
or
-X:

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 11:42:53 am »

OK, I opened the link to RENAME COPY REPLACE and read about the template described...but how DO I find it?

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 12:32:54 pm »

I was able to figure out how to get the folders in the two drives to show but in addition to previous question how do I select all folders in the one drive of interest? 
If I EDIT > SELECT ALL, system highlights ALL drives?!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 01:37:12 pm »

Just select everything and do a find and replace so only "X:\" is replaced.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2023, 05:47:25 am »

Quoting my original post, how to find your files on X:

You can view files on various drives in MC by going to Audio > Files .  There should be a Location column in that view.  It will list all the drives there.  You can click on one of the "locations" and it will list all the files that MC think are on that drive.

Brian.

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2023, 12:52:55 pm »

Quoting my recent post...
I was able to figure out how to get the folders in the two drives to show but in addition to previous question how do I select all folders in the one drive of interest?
If I EDIT > SELECT ALL, system highlights ALL drives?!

From the Riki  ;), I see that once I do FILE > SELECT ALL (which I have), there are options to FIND WHAT and REPLACE WITH...but how do I access?
Please provide the Dummy Of The Universe with the path....no, not to enlightenment, just FIND/REPLACE.   ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2023, 01:26:39 pm »

Are you using the search window in the upper right corner?

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2023, 02:07:58 pm »

Jim, are you referring to the SEARCH box normally used of finding ARTISTS, ALBUMS, ETC.?

OK, I select the drive(s) by doing AUDIO > FILES and then SELECT ALL.
Once I have done that, how do I get to the template described here?  <https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/File:FindReplace-Springsteen_Example.png>

File:FindReplace-Springsteen Example.png

File File history File usage Metadata

File:FindReplace-Springsteen Example.png
No higher resolution available.
FindReplace-Springsteen_Example.png ‎(484 × 435 pixels, file size: 16 KB, MIME type: image/png)
File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
   Date/Time   Thumbnail   Dimensions   User   Comment
current   21:03, 30 May 2015   Thumbnail for version as of 21:03, 30 May 2015   484 × 435 (16 KB)   Glynor (talk | contribs)   

You cannot overwrite this file.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2023, 02:16:04 pm »

Bigguy - In Standard View Click on the Word "Files" in the Tree that appears in the column on the left, to reveal a list of all the Disk Drives the contents of your Media Library are held - Scroll down to where the X: Drive is displayed and click on that. This will then list all the files that are on that Disc in the panel on the right.
Select all of the files listed in the  panel on the right and then press F6, which will switch MC to the Rename, Move & Copy Window.

In the Dropdown list at the top of that window Select the last entry in the list - "Update database to point to new location......
Lower down on the left side of that form you will see a Tick-Box with the words Find & Replace - click in that tick-box
The in the two boxes below it type X: n the "Find What" Box and Z: in the "Replace With" box check to see if everything looks correct before clicking on the "OK" button

Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2023, 07:36:41 am »

F6...  The key to the castle!  Shazam!  Thanks, English Tiger.
Pages: [1]   Go Up