INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 31.0.84 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 3404 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 31.0.84 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: November 14, 2023, 03:27:02 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 31.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v31/latest/MediaCenter310084-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v31/latest/MediaCenter310084.exe (works on all systems)

31.0.84 (11/14/2023)

1. Fixed: TV engine did not configure Demultiplexer output audio pins when connecting to Microsoft Stream Buffer Sink filter.
2. Changed: Made the sorting control in the smartlist editor taller so the Preset button shows up.

31.0.83 (11/9/2023)

1. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: When scanning for ATSC and DVB TV channels, information of all available audio streams will be saved in each channel.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese (simplified) translation file (thanks YanJun Sun).

31.0.82 (11/7/2023)

1. Fixed: Some non-string IPTC core (IIM) image tags were not written correctly.
2. Changed: When writing IPTC Core (IIM) image tags, MC will preserve existing record 1 tags.
3. NEW: Added PLS to the list of formats in the export playlist tool.
4. NEW: Also added PLS to the list of handheld formats for playlists.

31.0.81 (10/31/2023)

1. Changed: When writing image tags to IPTC Core (IIM) we will try to observe the IPTC-imposed character-count limits, by truncating strings that are too long.
2. Fixed: Prime Video in Theater View would jump from login page when typing in some digits.
3. Changed: Made the default size of Analyze Audio bigger.
4. Changed: When editing image field "Scene Code", a fixed list of values (from IPTC specification) are presented in the drop-down multi-selection list, in addition to other items.
5. Changed: Updated Chinese (simplified) language file (thanks YanJun Sun!).

31.0.80 (10/26/2023)

1. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
2. NEW: IPTC "Scene Code" tag (XMP "Scene") will be read into, or written from user defined custom field "Scene Code" (a list type).  If there is demand, we can create a stock field for it.
3. Changed: Updated to LAV Filters 0.78 for various improvements and fixes.
4. Fixed: Double click an image in Playing Now was not starting playback for the last few builds in all cases.
5. NEW: Added a Rebuild Thumbnail command to the image right-click menu.

31.0.79 (10/24/2023)

1. Changed: When writing IPTC core tags (IIM) tag texts are always written in UTF-8 encoding.
2. Fixed: Added a sanity check when reading date/time tags from TIFF images, preventing a crash on malformed files.
3. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).

31.0.78 (10/23/2023)

1. Fixed: When performing Update Tags (from Library), "Name" field was not saved to jpg image's IPTC and XMP tags.
2. Fixed: "Sublocation" and "Headline" fields were accidentally created as User field.
3. Fixed: Date last rated could get set on import when the file rating came in.
4. Fixed: "Sublocation" and "Headline" fields were flagged for all media types, instead of image-only.
5. Fixed: The OSD was unintentionally showing seconds on the time for the last few builds.
6. Changed: Writing of "Event" tag to XMP is disabled until further notice.  Reading is OK.

31.0.77 (10/19/2023)

1. Changed: Seconds were unintentionally showing in the clock toolbar button since build 74.
2. Changed: When reading image tags, XMP tags will take precedence over IPTC core tags.
3. Changed: (Lightroom written) SupplementalCategories tag (IPTC and XMP) will be read into custom "Subcategories" field, instead of "Supplemental Categories" field.
4. NEW: (Lightroom compatibility) The IPTC/XMP "Category" tag will be read into custom field "LR Category".
5. Fixed: Supplemental Categories (Subcategories) tag were not written to XMP.
6. Changed: Only the three-character code is allowed to be saved in the Category tag in IPTC, but free text is allowed in XMP.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

comox

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 31.0.84 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 12:00:42 am »

"Tools\Options\File Location\Clean cover art folder" seems to be broken.  I think it was ok in 31.0.80.

Cleaning causes a subset of cover art files to be deleted that should not be deleted. If I resave via "Save Cover Art to External Location Specified in Options" the image files are properly saved. Then if I re-run Clean they are deleted again.

All are jpgs. I do not see any common pattern in the file names. They look random to my eyes.

166 out of 16,118 cover art files are being deleted.

Cleaning multiple times does not add to the 166 deleted files so the problem appears to be repeatable and specific to the 166 files.

I have attached one of the 166 files.

maid

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 06:52:06 pm »

Get Movie and TV info is not displaying thumbnail but one is available
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

maid

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 05:45:29 pm »

Get Movie and TV info is not displaying thumbnail but one is available
I downgraded back to 31.0.80 and thumbnails now display
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 08:46:26 pm »

Would you like me to install and test prior versions to determine when Clean cover art folder broke?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2023, 08:02:31 am »

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2023, 11:47:57 am »

Loading OTA DVB-T EPG fails to complete. 31.0.80 works fine.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 02:15:11 pm »

Loading OTA DVB-T EPG fails to complete. 31.0.80 works fine.

Does it get some data or no data at all?  What are the symptoms?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

WhiteWereWolf

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 10:46:23 am »

I have been having random program crashes (Windows 11 x64) and nasty audio playback seizures with 31.0.78, 31.0.80 and 31.0.84 - so I reverted back to 30.0.96 and all is stable again.

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2023, 11:04:46 am »

Does it get some data or no data at all?  What are the symptoms?

A channel re-scan seems to have fixed this, but for information, I noticed that the date of the last EPG refresh was four days ago, despite it being set to refresh every 8 hours. I started a manual EPG load and got the “Loading program guide… (may take several minutes) (n of 114 completed)” message. The scan took the usual 15 minutes or so to complete, but the date and time of the last refresh remained unchanged. No new EPG data was collected. I do have a log if required.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2023, 12:59:21 pm »

A channel re-scan seems to have fixed this, but for information, I noticed that the date of the last EPG refresh was four days ago, despite it being set to refresh every 8 hours. I started a manual EPG load and got the “Loading program guide… (may take several minutes) (n of 114 completed)” message. The scan took the usual 15 minutes or so to complete, but the date and time of the last refresh remained unchanged. No new EPG data was collected. I do have a log if required.

Yes, please send me the log.  yaobing at jriver

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2023, 01:21:05 pm »

Yes, please send me the log.  yaobing at jriver
Log sent.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2023, 12:51:54 pm »

Log sent.

Thanks for the log.  I did find clue to the problem from the log, and the fact that channel-rescanning helped.

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2023, 03:15:25 pm »

Thanks for the log.  I did find clue to the problem from the log, and the fact that channel-rescanning helped.
Pleased I could help. Shout if you need anything testing on a UK DVB-T / T2 setup.

tnd1497

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2023, 05:25:34 pm »

Hello there,
I found that errors reported when some ISO Audio files were played, while some other ISO Audio files could be played perfectly. Firstly I considerd that these files were broken, but they were confirmed undamaged soon, for no errors occured when they were playd as common on the old version of JR29. And What's more weird is that the first audio track of these ISOs can be played intactly, while none of the other tracks can be played.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2023, 11:46:25 am »

Pleased I could help. Shout if you need anything testing on a UK DVB-T / T2 setup.

The fix is out, in build 87.

Since I was able to reproduce the issue with my ATSC setup, and I tested it here, so I am sure the fix would work for you too.  Since you already rescanned your channels, which fixed the issue for you, you would not be able to confirm how well this fix works for you, unless you are will to roll-back your library to pre-rescanning time, to restore your old set of channels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up