INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: framedrops jrvr  (Read 305 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
framedrops jrvr
« on: November 15, 2023, 06:19:42 pm »

I got framedrops. videoclock and hardware accelerated video decode ...both are turned on. nvidia is set to adaptive. and I have latest studio driver 546.01.

jriver 31.0.84.

power at max in nvidia panel.

when I tap space to pause the video...I get framedrops and maybe stop at 30 framdrops or even 100 framedrops and when it settle I sometimes get a repeated fremadrop after some seconds..sometime if I just tap space and quick to tap space again to continue the movie..I may not get any framdrop..and if I tap and wait a few seconds and tap to start...I could just get some framedrops or even ex. about 30 or just 20 framedrops and it settle and then a repeated framedrop after some seconds..or not...but it I "play" with the space on the keyboard...it start to give several framedrops again..before it settle...

Also I see in osd that it says on top 23,976 hz and I see that vsynch measured is not stable when these framedrops is happening...it could show 24.001 hz or 23.999 hz or even 21 ..hz..

somethings looked to be messed up.

any advice? reinstall nvidiadriver?

my rtx 3050 gpu managed to get average 8 ms ..peak 9 or 10 ms.

I use sdr mode. hdr is not ticked on in jriver setting.

before this started...I did not have to tick on videoclock or hardware accelerated...it was rock stable...all the time..

I also got the latest windows 23h2 updates...

it started before the windows update...that i had to tick on both video and hardware accelerated video decoding....

and now for some reason...it have this framedrops vsynch issues..

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: framedrops jrvr
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 06:25:37 pm »

Reading one of the other threads on this topic might help.  You could start here:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,24031.msg952624.html#msg952624

and TheShoe's post here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137375.msg952718.html#msg952718

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 07:02:44 pm »

You mentioned battery.  Is it plugged in?

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 12:35:35 pm »

Yes this was a driver issue. Did not test a lot but looks ok now( update: I now have no problems). I will test more later. Thanks for helping.

No battery...only meant, set power to performance in np. (The post is now corrected).

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 02:51:03 pm »

Your post link was very nice..learned more now..jmones nvidia driver 531.79 was very good. even raised my benchscore by 100 points. Now it works. I dont even have to use videoclock or hardware accelerated decoding..both unticked. (which means that both video and audio hardware clocks are "perfect synced together". The deviation is minimal .There should be no dropped or repeated frames (if the PC is fast enough).
Pages: [1]   Go Up