Windows > JRiver Media Center 32 for Windows

My requests & issues history

(1/4) > >>

audioriver:
With the new version coming I've gone back, gathered and cleaned up some old requests and issues for you to hopefully consider - thanks. Expect to be pestered with this on every new upgrade.  :)

1. Allow .sup subtitles
2. Allow direct audio/subtitle switching in Blu-Ray Menu mode
3. A JRVR feature similar to madVR's "Smooth Motion"
4. URL play: Missing Tags
5. URL play: Timeshift seems to only support Pause/Play, no back/forward
6. Default subtitle/language selection impromevents
7. Do not overwrite the Windows default file Type description, or make it more descriptive
8. A video fullscreen toggle hotkey, same as pressing the top-right maximize button. No Theater View, no other intermediate states. Switch to fullscreen and back (windowed Display View) with the same hotkey.
9. Customize Toolbar: add ZoneSwitch on/off toggle button
10. Display View: add "Display Lyrics" keyboard shortcut/on-off toggle
11. Cover Art/Add From Files: always open the File Explorer prompt in the selected files location, whether image files are present in the directory of the first file or not. Currently, if no image files are present there it will point to a previously used location, expectedly unrelated to the selected files.
12. Audio playback: rewind/forward with arrow keys only (without CTRL - same as in video playback)
13. Ability to add blank/pause "videos" in a playlist, with a user-set duration. More advanced similar requests here.
14. NEW: Option to disable notification flash/blink at bottom-left (e.g. after Auto-Import completion)
15. NEW: Option to set default light/dark skin + option to switch light/dark skin automatically based on system mode/theme.

blgentry:

--- Quote from: audioriver on November 29, 2023, 08:44:45 am ---7. Do not overwrite the Windows default file Type description, or make it more descriptive
--- End quote ---

That's very surprising behavior.  It's extremely unfriendly.  I'm shocked that it's happening.  I agree it should be changed.

On the other hand, why are you using windows explorer to sort and search your collection?  That's what MC is for.

--- Quote ---8. A video fullscreen toggle hotkey, same as pressing the top-right maximize button. No Theater View, no other intermediate states. Switch to fullscreen and back (windowed Display View) with the same hotkey.
--- End quote ---

Do you mean Display View, where MC shows the playing item in full screen with no borders and no windows?  Or do you mean maximizing the MC window including borders?

If Display View, then you want Control-3. If you mean maximizing the window, then you want an operating system key.  MC should not be doing operating system window handling commands.  Looks like F11 or <windows>-<up> does this in windows 11:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-keyboard-shortcuts-3d444b08-3a00-abd6-67da-ecfc07e86b98

--- Quote ---11. Cover Art/Add From Files: always open the File Explorer prompt in the selected files location, whether image files are present in the directory of the first file or not.
--- End quote ---

Why do you need to do this with any frequency?  MC picks up all commonly named image files for the album like "cover.jpg", etc.  If you are manually placing files there, you do not need to.  Just copy the URL of the cover to the clipboard and you can paste it into MC with Cover Art > Paste from clipboard .  MC will save that cover art for you according to your settings.  That might be inside the file (the best way) or next to the file with a standardized file name.

Brian.

JimH:
Re #7, check file associations.  Turn them off in JRiver if you don't want them.

Matt:

--- Quote from: audioriver on November 29, 2023, 08:44:45 am ---9. Customize Toolbar: add ZoneSwitch on/off toggle button

--- End quote ---

I'll add that today.  Thanks for the help.

audioriver:

--- Quote from: Matt on November 29, 2023, 09:34:48 am ---I'll add that today.  Thanks for the help.
--- End quote ---

Thank you!

--- Quote from: JimH on November 29, 2023, 09:12:35 am ---Re #7, check file associations.  Turn them off in JRiver if you don't want them.
--- End quote ---

I want them because I usually open files externally. A solution would be to change the type description from the cryptic and externally unusable "Media Center file", to "Media Center MP3 file", "Media Center FLAC file" etc.

--- Quote from: blgentry on November 29, 2023, 09:08:13 am ---8. Do you mean Display View...?
--- End quote ---

This is a bit convoluted. Simply looking for a full-screen toggle shortcut, to toggle between these two states: windowed Display View that comes with Ctrl-3, and fullscreen. If you were previously on Standard View, Ctrl-3 will switch between SV and DV. Neither F11 nor Win-Up will enter full screen.

You have to click the top-right maximize button to enter FS. Only after that mouse operation will Ctrl-3 do what I'm looking for. By the way, the top-right button doesn't really maximize (a "maximized Display View doesn't seem to exist?). It enters full screen, which is the shortcut I'm looking for. I should note that I usually launch video files externally. The option "Jump to windowed display mode when playback is started externally" is not relevant here (I have that enabled).

--- Quote from: blgentry on November 29, 2023, 09:08:13 am ---7. ...why are you using windows explorer to sort and search your collection?
--- End quote ---

This is not a common situation and hardly a major issue. However, since I usually launch files externally, a few times I may need to sort them with Explorer (Directory Opus, really) and that is impossible due to the generic description.

--- Quote from: blgentry on November 29, 2023, 09:08:13 am ---11. Why do you need to do this with any frequency?
--- End quote ---

I don't, it's hardly a major problem. No URLs involved, this is about local files. Covers are often located in additional folders like "Artwork", "Covers" etc. but MC does not detect them and uses the previous, unrelated folder from its history. Perhaps MC could also look for such subfolders, the same way it does with the View Extras feature. If they are found, then simply open the Explorer window there or in the parent folder, where the selected files are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version