Windows > JRiver Media Center 32 for Windows

My requests & issues history

<< < (2/4) > >>

atreides:

--- Quote from: audioriver on November 29, 2023, 12:16:26 pm ---I don't, it's hardly a major problem. No URLs involved, this is about local files. Covers are often located in additional folders like "Artwork", "Covers" etc. but MC does not detect them and uses the previous, unrelated folder from its history. Perhaps MC could also look for such subfolders, the same way it does with the View Extras feature. If they are found, then simply open the Explorer window there or in the parent folder, where the selected files are.

--- End quote ---

This happens to me all the time.  It is extremely common that an album folder of music files for me will contain a folder with various names, sometimes "artwork", which will contain scans of the artwork for the album.  It makes no sense for me the way MC opens the "last" folder => it is 99% of the time something completely unrelated to the album I am working on.

The behavior of this function to find the "last" folder never makes sense when I am trying to use it, until I come on the forums, and get explained that's what it's supposed to do.

audioriver:
Added two more entries on first post (14+15).

--- Quote from: atreides on November 30, 2023, 05:12:52 pm ---This happens to me all the time. It makes no sense for me the way MC opens the "last" folder...
--- End quote ---

It will open on that same folder, but only if it finds image files right there next to the selected files. If the images are inside a folder, then it will open that 99% something unrelated you mentioned. It would indeed make sense to always open on the location of the selected files. I mean, the user makes a specific selection so it's safe to assume for the Cover Art files to be close - even if just a folder away.

Matt:
Imagine if you use a shared cover art folder?  Then opening to the last is good.

Is the art under the files always in a subdirectory with the same name?

audioriver:
Not the same name always, but those potential folder names are already perfectly described here:

View Extras - JRiverWiki

(excluding "PDF/PDFs", although I guess it wouldn't hurt taking these into account, too)

atreides:

--- Quote from: audioriver on November 30, 2023, 07:24:42 pm ---Not the same name always, but those potential folder names are already perfectly described here:

View Extras - JRiverWiki

(excluding "PDF/PDFs", although I guess it wouldn't hurt taking these into account, too)

--- End quote ---

I agree, these would cover the vast majority of the cases where the artwork is stored.  It is almost always going to be one of these folder names, inside the folder with the audio files.  I don't put the artwork files in with the music, they will get a separate folder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version