INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Freeeze with Black screen "Live"  (Read 247 times)

Paul Coddington

• Recent member
Video Freeeze with Black screen "Live"
« on: November 30, 2023, 08:37:19 pm »

Media Center sometimes locks up while playing a video in desktop mode and becomes stuck in a state where the screen is black except for text at the bottom that says "Live" with the current time.

This happens after several videos have been opened from Explorer in a row (video still playing when next one is opened to replace it) and/or the scroll bar is being used to navigate to a specific point in time.

When this happens, it is no longer possible to close Media Center and it must be terminated from Task Manager.

Is this a bug or a feature that is being accidentally activated somehow by a mouse movement or a keystroke combination when typing into other windows while Media Center is running?

If it is an accidentally activated feature, what is it actually doing at that point and how does one escape from it other than use Task Manager to terminate?

(Windows 11)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video Freeeze with Black screen "Live"
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 09:14:56 pm »

Please read through this thread:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137521.0.html

Can you duplicate it when playing from the JRiver interface?  I.E., not Explorer.

What are you playing?  To what?

Paul Coddington

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 04:57:11 am »

Please read through this thread:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137521.0.html

Can you duplicate it when playing from the JRiver interface?  I.E., not Explorer.

What are you playing?  To what?

This has been going on for some time (since r31), so not related to recent NVIDIA or Windows updates so far as I can tell.

Playing MP4/MKV videos, various standards, sometimes through ASIO to headphone DAC stack, sometimes to DirectSound to Virtual Surround plugins to headphone stack or DirectSound speakers, always madVR to workstation monitor (USB-C 10-bit NVIDIA 2060).

Haven't tried replicating from interface, will bear that in mind from now on. I do tend to launch videos a lot from Explorer for convenience.

The "Live" status indicator with current ticking time gives the impression it is trying to invoke some feature I have no knowlege of, such as trying to obtain Live feed from a device that does not exist, etc.

Which is why I did not include much more information at first (suspecting it to be accidental feature activation).

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 05:58:09 am »

"Live" basically just indicates that MC does not know how long the video is you are playing. It might be stuck trying to open the video in some way, but I haven't observed this problem. I'll try to do some testing opening videos straight through explorer.

Do you have MC associated with the file type, or using the shell extension or anything like that?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up