INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable "Play Next" in list view  (Read 434 times)

jkauff

• World Citizen
Disable "Play Next" in list view
« on: December 11, 2023, 07:12:31 am »

I had to do a library restore recently. Now, when I play a movie from a List View, MC31 automatically plays the next movie in the list when the watched movie ends. I want MC to stop after the movie ends, but I can't find the setting that controls this. I'm sure it's a simple change once I find it, but I don't see it in the List view settings.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Stop Play Next in list view
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 07:14:51 am »

It's the button in the upper right corner that switches to continuous mode.  Hover over the three buttons there to read the tooltips.

jkauff

• World Citizen
Re: Disable "Play Next" in list view
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 05:00:15 pm »

That's really well-hidden. I've never used those buttons--is "Continuous" the default? I'm left wondering how it got turned on.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 06:21:37 pm »

It's not the default.  It would be easy to hit by mistake.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2023, 10:25:32 pm »

I had to do a library restore recently. Now, when I play a movie from a List View, MC31 automatically plays the next movie in the list when the watched movie ends. I want MC to stop after the movie ends, but I can't find the setting that controls this. I'm sure it's a simple change once I find it, but I don't see it in the List view settings.
Also, check your settings at "Tools > Options > General > Behaviour", specifically, the options for "Play Button" and "Double Click", depending on how you are actually starting playback from the list.

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2023, 07:07:31 am »

Also, check your settings at "Tools > Options > General > Behaviour", specifically, the options for "Play Button" and "Double Click", depending on how you are actually starting playback from the list.

Good suggestion. The Play When Added To "Playing Now" option was checked, which might have been involved. I don't know exactly when items are added to Playing Now and in what circumstances, so better to disable this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up