INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade from 27-31 31 Doesn't show any card memory-Revvl 5G  (Read 344 times)

kptx

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Upgrade from 27-31 31 Doesn't show any card memory-Revvl 5G
« on: December 31, 2023, 05:29:21 pm »

When I upgraded to JR31 it changed the identity of the phone and the card.  It sees the card but shows 0 Bytes for the memory, therefore I am forced to continue using JR27 to sync to the card on my phone.  I have removed/added the device/phone independent of the 2 versions, and removed 27 without success. I don't what else I can try.  I have attached an image that shows the 2 versions open side by side. It doesn't matter whether 31 is open alone nor whether 27 is installed, or any playlists are loaded. It is always 0 Bytes.  You can clearly see the difference in the identities between the 2 versions and the differences in the memory.

KP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Upgrade from 27-31 31 Doesn't show any card memory-Revvl 5G
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 04:19:11 am »

Did you try re-formatting the card?

kptx

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024, 07:02:33 pm »

I tried that today.  Same result.  I also reinstalled 27 and now get the same 0 bytes for the card.  This evening I manually copied 40 GB from my dedicated music folder used by J River to the card and was able to play music from the music player that is used on the phone.  Should have tried that yesterday.  Now what?

KP

kptx

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2024, 09:06:40 pm »

More Info.  Switched to a old Sandisk 32 GB Card and JR sees the size and provides a full description.  I don't know if this has any bearing; But... When I was using JRiver 27 there was an icon that looked like the Sandisk card when the Samsung 64 GB card was synced.  It is in the screenshot.  I deleted just the Samsung card and when I did it dropped down to the Shared Folder and showed the files I had put in the Sansung 64 GB as synced.  It removed the Android folder but the music files now showed in the Shared folder.  I tried several times to repeat this scenario but couldn't repeat the result.  With the odd behavior could there be something in the library or other data folder of 31 that is in conflict?

KP
Pages: [1]   Go Up