INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Program Exit  (Read 546 times)

joe567890

• Recent member
Random Program Exit
« on: January 05, 2024, 11:49:29 am »

Hi,
Often when playing a video, after a few minutes the program exits, no error message.  If I restart the program, the video starts from the beginning. I can go to (right before) same spot and video plays fine.  It only happens once per video.
Version 31.0.43 (64 bit), Windows 11, internal SSD drive, I've noticed file type Blu-ray, x264 or an x265 video (mkv/mp4).
Is this a known-issue, and is there a fix?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Random Program Exit
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 02:21:17 pm »

Update to MC 31.0.87 and read this thread:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137521.0.html

joe567890

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 04:50:04 pm »

I updated MC 31.0.87 and read the thread (and down a rabbit-hole of others), but this problem persists.
Where can I send a log to to have this issue diagnosed?
Thanks!

Hi,
Often when playing a video, after a few minutes the program exits, no error message.  If I restart the program, the video starts from the beginning. I can go to (right before) same spot and video plays fine.  It only happens once per video.
Version 31.0.43 (64 bit), Windows 11, internal SSD drive, I've noticed file type Blu-ray, x264 or an x265 video (mkv/mp4).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 02:19:31 pm »

This isn't a known issue.

Configure Windows Defender and don't use another antivirus.

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 08:02:11 am »

Hi,

What brand is your video card ?
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

joe567890

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024, 06:32:50 pm »

hi,
not using any other antivirus

i have:
Processor:   AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM: 32.0 GB (23.7 GB usable)
Windows 11 Pro Version   22H2
OS build   22621.3155

I have a few log files caputed when the issue happens

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2024, 07:48:55 pm »

Sorry, I should have just mentioned why I was asking about GPU.  I had AMD graphics card and when playing video, JRiver would close without warning, in same fashion as you described.  After crash, there was always a windows event indicating that the AMD driver was responsible.  So, by any chance, have you looked in event viewer to see if there was an AMD driver crash when JRiver closed up?  I never found a solution to this problem.

Also, there was a chipset update for AMD that is needed to resolve GPU issues related to sleep.  Pretty sure it is needed for the newer GPU drivers to work as expected.  Yeah, it's not your problem, but who knows. 

https://www.xda-developers.com/amd-chipset-driver-pc-wake-up-from-sleep/
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

joe567890

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024, 11:01:26 am »

Just an FYI if someone finds this thread because they have a similar problem.  After a bunch of trial and error, all related drivers updated to mid march 2024 and AMD adrenaline 24.1.1 seems to solve the issue. 

This is not the latest version from late February 2024 (24.2.1 as of writing), and it does not work with other older device drivers.

I have corrected the issue through a tip by another user (shout-out to whoareyou).  It took me more than 11 weeks to get all the many components and versions aligned to solve the issue for now.

For open source, or community based software, I guess that's OK, but for software with its type of recurring cost to update, I think it isn't appropriate, especially after a user demonstrates an effort to do 6 weeks of troubleshooting. 

There are some constraints in my current set-up that Media-Center solves in the easiest way (I need my audio output for movies to be AC3 5.1, and audio for audio dependent on source). So for me it is worth the cost and effort.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-24-1-1
Pages: [1]   Go Up