INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import different artists on different albums to one album  (Read 394 times)

Ramnol

• Recent member
Import different artists on different albums to one album
« on: January 10, 2024, 12:30:32 pm »

I have a collection of songs from different artists on different albums. When these files are imported into JRiver all the different albums appear. That is not what I want. I would like all these songs to be collected in one album without losing the original artist/album information.
Is there a way to accomplish this in JRiver?

Thanks in advance.

Guus.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Import different artists on different albums to one album
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 02:08:23 pm »

If the Album Artist or the Album name are different, it won't happen.  You would have to change these two tags to match all of these tracks.

Or you could put them into a Playlist and access them that way.

You would have to give me more exact info on what and why you want to group them together.

Ramnol

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 03:12:05 am »

@Dawgincontrol. Thanks for your answer. I did put them in a playlist, that works fine. The problem is that all these albums appear in JR with mostly only one track. All these incomplete albums are then mixed with the complete albums. That I really don't like. Maybe the solution is to use or make another tag where you define these collection albums.
For now I put these collections of songs in a different library with playlists. That way they don't get mixed with the other (complete) albums.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 03:19:42 am »

On the wiki, read about Album Artist.  It's a tag you can use to group various artists under one name.

Ramnol

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 04:01:18 am »

Did try to use the Album-Artist tag. Didn't work probably because the album names are different.
If there is a Multiple Album tag the problem is probably solved or is this nonsense?
Attached is a picture of part of the list with different tracks.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 04:12:57 am »

One way to do it would be set up a new field i.e. Original Album and then in MC select all the tracks you want to be on the same album and then in the tag window scroll down to your "Original Album" field/ tag and simply enter =[Album] which will copy the existing Album Name into the Original Album tag/field for you.
Then scroll back up to the Album tag/field - type in the Name you wany Your Self-Compiled Album to be know by.
Once you've done that you may find it necessary to give the tracks on your new-album new track numbers by using the "Fill Tracks From List Order" option to remove any instances of duplicate track numbers on the same album and/or disc within that album.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Ramnol

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 04:29:03 am »

@ EnglishTiger:  Very sorry for this late reaction. Your solution works very good. Just a bit of work every time a collection of tracks are imported into the database. Thank you very much !!! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up