INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.111 beta  (Read 7862 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.111 beta
« on: February 12, 2003, 12:41:18 pm »

Media Center 9.0.111 beta is available.    

Many things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90111.exe

Changes    

1. Fixed: "Get Cover Art From Internet..." would bring up the "Move / Copy Fields..." dialog.
2. Fixed: Startup -> "Expand Subfolders" would not work. (tree would re-collapse)
3. Fixed: Several skins (and other packages) would fail to install.
4. Changed: Optimized ASIO buffer filling.
5. Fixed: Media Editor decoding did not work.
6. Fixed: Media Editor saving to formats other than WAV did not work.
7. Fixed: CD labeler wouldn't display cover art embedded in audio file tags.
8. Fixed: Numeric fields wouldn't display properly in visualization studio.
9. Fixed: Several small visualization studio fixes.
10. Changed: Added 'automatic' list view style (default) and made toolbar button a drop-down instead of toggle.
11. Fixed: Full-screen would not have the focus after switching to it.
12. Changed: Full-screen and Hairstyle more integrated.
13. Changed: Media Center will remove any empty directories left over after a file moving operation.
14. NEW: CD labeler wizard can optionally "tile" multiple cover art images on CD front cover and label.
15. Fixed: Media Center would fail to connect to Media Server.
16. Changed: Library Properties dialog was redesigned.

We're still getting more bugs reported than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.  
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 9.0.111 beta
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 01:31:53 pm »

I am having trouble installing LowerRight from the download Skins page.  I get an error saying that INSTALLSKIN action failed.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 01:49:10 pm »

10. Changed: Added 'automatic' list view style (default) and made toolbar button a drop-down instead of toggle.

WHAT Does this do ? I have a playlist called "HAS COVER ART" and EVERY file has cover art and even that playlist doesnt show up any differently ..

Come on, its been an hour, can someone tell me what this does ??

PLEASE :)

ZRocker

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 01:56:49 pm »

13. Changed: Media Center will remove any empty directories left over after a file moving operation.

Uh oh...I hope this is optional...I liked the popup dialog that asked me if I wanted MC to remove empty directories...I have legitimate reasons for sometimes NOT wanting MC to delete empty directories after a MOVE.

lOth

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 02:11:12 pm »

"12. Changed: Full-screen and Hairstyle more integrated. "

What does that mean?  ? I don't see any change.

It would be nice if we had a keyboard shortcut to toggle to hairstyle. It would be obviously great for those of us using remotes  ;)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2003, 02:18:08 pm »

>> Uh oh...I hope this is optional...
I knew this would come up

>> I liked the popup dialog that asked me
I didn't

I Like you would like a simple [X] option

matt don't like Options
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

matthewmattical

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2003, 02:19:26 pm »

It would be nice if we had a keyboard shortcut to toggle to hairstyle. It would be obviously great for those of us using remotes  ;)

The "app" key, aka Windows Menu key (next to the "Windows" key which opens the start menu) toggles.

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2003, 02:37:00 pm »

The "app" key, aka Windows Menu key (next to the "Windows" key which opens the start menu) toggles.

I don't have one, and I don't plan on changing that... my keyboard is only a little more than 10 years old... and the don't build them anymore in that quality....

so an additional (configurable) hotkey would be great...

Ingo

MachineHead

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2003, 02:56:47 pm »

Rip and encode to mp3 (simultaneously) still produces no ID3 tags. Input plugin is configured to do so.

Here's a dumb question on this subject...Does automatically update tags have to be on for this to work? I'd much prefer to have the final say as to when MC can start changing tags. I would have thought that a new rip should create these if specified in the ripping and encoding options. Yes? No?

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2003, 04:25:07 pm »

My previous MC9 configuration went away. No big deal 'cause i know how to redo it ... or so I thought.

My "Options" for the toolbar look like this:

Notice anything weird?
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2003, 04:26:53 pm »

Try a reinstall.  Mine is OK.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2003, 04:28:23 pm »

Okey Dokey.
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2003, 04:29:30 pm »

Come on, its been an hour, can someone tell me what this does ??

Please.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2003, 04:33:44 pm »

No luck on the reinstall. I'll start all over with the download.
That's right.
I'm cool.

RemyJ

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2003, 04:33:48 pm »

Well, I don't have time to retest every release so since I haven't seen anything in the "fixed" lists about these problems, I'll just assume they're still open for now.

• Data CD writes on my Sony drive fail with "Can't start the write.", "Failed: Open session. Invalid field in parameter list".  Data CD writes to the TDK drive work fine.  I'm shipping my drive off to JohnT in the morning.
  • "Decode files directly to CD" is both on the main CD writer settings page and the settings sub-page but the checkboxes aren't synchronized.
  • Now that you can get past the "Invalid Media Server Information" message box when searching for media servers, I still get multiple duplicate replies from the server if either the server or client have multiple network interfaces.  
  • When the media server responds to a search, it responds with the first interface it's bound to even if that interface isn't reachable by the client that issued the search request.   My server has 2 interfaces, one private, one public.  My laptop is on the public network.  I issue a search from the laptop and the server responds with the name and ip address of the private interface which the laptop can never reach.  Combined with the previous problem, I can get 4 responses for the private interface, all useless.
  • If the client actually gets only 1 response, it tries to connect immediately.  It should problably give you an option to see the response and confirm that you want to connect to it.
  • If you cancel out of the list box with the responses you get a "failed to connect" message and you get dumped into the default library instead of the library you were originally connected to.
  • Column widths aren't saving again.  You have to drag the column separator twice to get the first change to stick.
  • When "Decode directly to CD" is unchecked, and you burn more than 1 CD, the raw temp file is deleted and recreated for each CD instead of using the one created at the start of the first burn.  
  • In "File Naming and Location" you can't enter paths with leading or trailing periods.  I.E.  If I try to enter a path for track images like "m:\.coverart" the period gets stripped out as soon as I move the cursor out of the entry field. Any valid file system path should be allowed.
  • Can't turn off tooltips for the drop target and player controls.
  • MP3 Encoder settings are broken again.  If you select "custom" and press advanced, you get the quality selection dialog instead of the custom command line dialog.
  • Analyze audio during rip doesn't do anything.
  • When collapsing "Auto Smartlists (audio)" after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%. (maybe not a "problem", but it's still a pain)
  • Ripping in digital secure mode hangs near the end of the last audio track if there is also a data track on the cd.  Have to cancel, wait for everything to release, then rip the last track in digital large buffer mode.  

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.111 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
    Intel Pentium 4 2373 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 366 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
    Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     CD-RW  CRX175A     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Drive E: TDK      CDRW4800B          Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
     Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2003, 04:50:32 pm »

No luck on the redownload and reinstall. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled ... same strange screen. I can still use the pull-downs and the buttons that are there work correctly, I just can't change the toolbar.
New build tomorrow? I don't really WANT to wait all weekend but, as I said, I can still use the pull-downs.

CVIII

PS - This is the first time I let it auto-install.
AND It creates a menu in Start Programs but it's empty. My CRT is getting dented from my head banging against it. Not to mention my poor abused keyboard.
That's right.
I'm cool.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2003, 04:54:44 pm »

PPS-
All my systems are beginning to shut down. My pictures are gone. I think my ISP is going on vacation. I'll shut down, too. Be back tomorrow.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

TURBO

• World Citizen
  • MCSE
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2003, 05:10:25 pm »

Matt. The volume sent thru ASIO, is too loud after activating "Effects" in the DSP. It distort a lot. To the point that I need to disable it. I love using the effects feature. Would you please decrease the dimensions of  rebel waves sent to the revoasio.dll. Thanks. ;D

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2003, 05:20:54 pm »

Fixed: ;D
1. Year not shown in visualizations-been this way since the first unicode build. Will randomly show Artist or previous song title.

2. Resize Mega_Me somtimes cause Album image in Visualization to revert to default(MJ surfer) image. Note images stored in files. Album image returns if cycle to next vis and back or on track change.

Bug:
I am seeing many issues with the new "output format" thingy. Seems to cause MC to just close w/o any error most times I try to enable it. When it doesn't cause MC to close I am unable to discern any difference between 2 and 4 channel settings.
Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2003, 05:43:29 pm »

The volume sent thru ASIO, is too loud after activating "Effects" in the DSP. It distort a lot. To the point that I need to disable it. I love using the effects feature. Would you please decrease the dimensions of  rebel waves sent to the revoasio.dll. Thanks.

You need to use "Effects" (or any other DSP) with care because most amp the volume, which will cause overflows. (flatlines)  Setting MC's overflow mode to "Clip Protection" in DSP Studio is one way to handle this.  Otherwise, try turning down the preamp in the EQ.

If it's lots worse in ASIO than in other outputs, maybe there's some other problem.  Let us know.

WHAT Does this do  I have a playlist called "HAS COVER ART" and EVERY file has cover art and even that playlist doesnt show up any differently ..

Logic:

If all files are images or videos: thumbnails
Otherwise: details

>> Uh oh...I hope this is optional...
I knew this would come up

I did too... just thought maybe it would fly in under the radar.

>> I liked the popup dialog that asked me
I didn't

I Like you would like a simple [X] option

matt don't like Options

I get confused easy.  Options don't help.

Maybe we could make one popup that lists all the empty directories with a "delete" / "leave".  Then it'd only be one annoying dialog, even if there were a bunch of folders.

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2003, 06:29:59 pm »

1.  Still get illegal mode for this track message at end of data CD burn in status bar.  Earlier, it was acknowledged, but I haven't heard anything for awhile.  I don't mind--it's not an emergency, but I've wasted so many discs now, it's becoming a nuisance.  Just want to know if this is being looked at, or if it's on the backburner for later--doesn't matter either way, but if it's going to be awhile until you're going to get to it, could you give me a heads up so I'll quit wasting discs...

2.  Cannot use external encoder--get unknown error=1 message.  Is MC9 ever going to allow for custom (such as --alt-preset standard) settings for the LAME encoder?

3.  Customize toolbar still not working  (no icons except seperator in the add box, icons mislabeled).  I have the EXACT same problem as Charlamagne 8--tried the suggested steps--same problem.  I've been posting this problem for several builds now.....

4.  Tekno still cut off at the very top.

Media Center Registered 9.0.111 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Pentium III 929 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 149 MB
Resource Info: System - 30 %, GDI - 72 %, User - 30 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: YAMAHA   CRW2200E           Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Lynn

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2003, 06:41:56 pm »

Hi,

I am using MC for playing ape files using ASIO and an RME Digi96 card connected to a fairly revealing DAC and stereo hifi.  

Something has happened to the output of MC and the sound quality is markedly degraded.  The last version that sounded great to me was .87.   I have tried a couple of versions, including this one to see if there has been an improvement, but there is a real difference in the sound between .87 and later versions.

I don't believe it is related to my system, but I am running winxp home edition, on a P4 2.4mhz w/512.

Regards,
Lynn

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2003, 06:47:48 pm »

I am using MC for playing ape files using ASIO and an RME Digi96 card connected to a fairly revealing DAC and stereo hifi

Something has happened to the output of MC and the sound quality is markedly degraded.

Do other output modes (Direct Sound / Wave Out) sound degraded?

Does turning off all the DSP's in DSP Studio help?

So, I guess we need to figure out if it's an ASIO output bug, or DSP, or something else.  Let us know and we'll dig some more.

Lynn

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2003, 06:58:14 pm »

Hi Matt,

Thanks for responding so quickly!  Do you ever sleep?

I don't use the DSP studio, and so everything is off.  Good idea to try the other formats.  I have ghosted back to .87 at the moment, and will be hitting the sack myself soon.

I will give the other modes a try tomorrow and report back.

Best Regards,
Lynn

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2003, 07:08:56 pm »

Charlemagne - I've had the same problem with customising the toolbar and have been reporting it for some time. What with the volume slider missing, it looks as though you and I have more than a few probs in common. I find reinstalling MC or applicable components a total waste of time and don't bother any more. I'm just hopeful that eventually JRiver will realise it's a prob that was caused somewhere around release 90088 and have a good look at it. There were a few more people reporting these problems, all seemingly based on Win98, but I think they've given up reporting them as the only responses have been to uninstall/reinstall and this patently has no effect.....

Jim

dragyn

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2003, 07:17:11 pm »

ASIO for my audiophile 24/96 has never worked right for DSP Environment effects (every build).

Now, ASIO doesn't even do the subwoofer. It goes click....click...click...click..etc. I have to leave it off.

Everything non ASIO works just fine. ASIO worked fine before the new output mode on just the subwoofer/surround effects.

ALSO>>

I think something needs to be done with the subwoofer effect. Using anything higher than 6" sounds muffled. When I turn on 15", I would like to have hard hitting bass. I like to feel the music, not hear it. It's gotta be heart stopping "knock ya out of your seat" shakin' bass. I have some songs that just hit hard and do what I want and it's very clear sounding but it would be nice for other songs to do somewhat the same. I don't really want to use the EQ but if auto-eq was reimplented someday, then maybe it would fix this problem. Something to think about.

...and could you describe the changes that each subwoofer setting does to a playing track?

D

richelesro

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2003, 08:04:34 pm »

When watching the TV, if I hide the channels, the scroll bar doesn't go away all of the time.  If I resize the window or minimize/restore, the bar goes away.  Otherwise, it floats above the video.
James Bailey

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2003, 09:36:11 pm »

1) I still don't get the ö, é, è etc. Is this just my problem? Because from some other reactions I see that they do not have that problem. I hadn't this problem up til version 0080 or something like that.  
Is in Matt's hands by now, though.

2) When sending a mp3 to the Media Editor, I don't get further than the Decoding-box, which doesn't do anything. Was good before version 0080 (or something like that)  
Solved

3) Slide bars don't work (well) in various playlists. Also: if the slider works, it isn't quick enough. And the up- and down-arrows don't work at all in these playlists.

4) if you want to drag a file within a playlist, the screen runs from the end to the beginning.  
I'll try to explain it a bit: if you have, say, 300 files in a playlist and you want to put number 300 to number 80: when you start dragging you're at position number 1 within 1 second. Some quick jerking with the mouse is required to get to the number 80 position

5) Editing the Name-properties of a jpg or mp3 is very slow responsive (correct English?): when typing the letters appear with quite a delay
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

akak718

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2003, 10:08:45 pm »

BUG: Video clips in playing now don't switch. After current clip finishes playing, next clip is highlighted but playback stops. I can manually start the next clip. This problem happens with .rm, .avi, .mpeg, and probably others as well. It does not happen with .mp3.

-Lou

Marty3d

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2003, 01:11:07 am »

MC 9.0.111
*OLD
- Analyzing audio sets Replay Gain to '?'. As a side effect, the "skip analyzed files" don't work since Replay Gain is resetted.
- Shift-Deleting a file in Playing Now reorders the list after the current sorting order
 Before:
 9 Delerium Enchanted
 5 Delerium Silence
 1 Depeche Mode Somebody
 After:
 1 Delerium Enchanted
 2 Delerium Silence
 3 Depeche Mode Somebody
- Shift-Deleting (delete from hd checked) bugged. The player pane shows Media Center 9.0 and   "buffering..." It seems that MC loses focus on which file is currently playing and especially which song comes next. The sound hangs in the end of currently playing track. If you stop and play again, you get the "Please select file to play" dialog.
- Auto Smartlist "Top Hits -- haven't heard for over a year" doesn't include numberplays keyword, so it really doesn't show any "Top Hits". Same issue for "Top Hits -- listened to today"
- Bug with resizing MC. To reproduce:
1. Select a smartlist
1. Right click on an item in the search panel and select "Edit by typing".
2. Try to resize MC. It doesn't work until you change view to another playlist or scheme.
- Search field doesn't support 'å' 'ä' and 'ö' (produces a box)
- The slider in File Properties (state docked or not, doesn't matter) flickers between skinned and windows standard when dragged or clicked
- Media Center is named Media Jukebox in Task Manager - Processes
- Wheel-scrolling in any list doesn't use system settings. Instead it always scroll 1 line at a time (my system setting is 3 lines to speed things up), causing scrolling through long lists a minor pain UPDATE: Actually works in File Properties...but there the slider flickers..:)
- Importing an album re-tags the track# from 0x to x (from explorer - rightclick on folder - MC - Import)
- View Scheme doesn't work with Date Imported. Shows the different date in  the tree, but nothing under each item (search panel shows: [Date Imported]=[16 days, 10 hours ago]...perhaps it should convert to   a date?)
- Installer doesn't remove old install entries in add/remove programs. (Media jukebox entry)

Haven't tested, but not reported as fixed:
- Can't copy/paste correctly in Search panel (copy an item and try to paste it into another smartlist)
- Search panel wizard flukey. Doesn't work nicely with Replay Gain, lists a thousand different values and trying to get 0 OR ? files is impossible, wants to show all 0 AND empty. By the way, the wizard's <empty> doesn't work. IMHO it should be totally re-written/designed.
- Undo doesn't work when pasting from one search panel to another
*FIXED
- Nothing on this list

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2003, 01:46:55 am »

I have not spend to much time on it but I don't see any difference between automatic and details view. I though it would do thumbnail in view scheme, detail in playing now. ?

Thumbnail if logical has a strange name. If there is a single album, it does not group it, although I think it is still logical to do so. Maybe this is a different logic.  ;)

I think the following would make MC more useful:
1) a view scheme where a single album is show as a list of songs.
2) click a thumbnail and enter it to go to view 1). on that album only.

JohnT

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2003, 04:14:04 am »

1.  Still get illegal mode for this track message at end of data CD burn in status bar.  Earlier, it was acknowledged, but I haven't heard anything for awhile.  I don't mind--it's not an emergency, but I've wasted so many discs now, it's becoming a nuisance.  Just want to know if this is being looked at, or if it's on the backburner for later--doesn't matter either way, but if it's going to be awhile until you're going to get to it, could you give me a heads up so I'll quit wasting discs...
Sorry about the wasted disks. If I think this is fixed by some change I make, I'll list something in the change log to that effect. I take it that if you put it in "test mode" it doesn't have the same behavior? I can't remember: did you check the auto-insert setting for the drive and try turning it off? If auto-insert is the problem, it might make sense if the problem only occurs in a real write and not in test mode.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2003, 04:18:14 am »

I have not spend to much time on it but I don't see any difference between automatic and details view. I though it would do thumbnail in view scheme, detail in playing now. ?

Thumbnail if logical has a strange name. If there is a single album, it does not group it, although I think it is still logical to do so. Maybe this is a different logic.  ;)

I think the following would make MC more useful:
1) a view scheme where a single album is show as a list of songs.
2) click a thumbnail and enter it to go to view 1). on that album only.

We're still scratching our heads about how this should work.  A new thread might be best to discuss it, but right now auto shows music in list view and images in thumbnails view.

Steve Most

• Recent member
  • Long Time Lurker...
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2003, 04:32:56 am »

Updates and some skins still don't install in 111.
Steve
Steve Most

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2003, 06:19:29 am »

1)The Playlist scrol bar does not scroll in Min-Me skins    

2)Clicking a ***.rm link downloads the file instead of streaming it.  If I cut and paste the link in to "Open URL of streaming file" dialog box, the file streams fine.  

3)Clicking on a ***.ram link does nothing.  Again, if I cut and paste it into "Open URL of streaming file" dialog box, the file streams fine.  

BOTH file types are registered under MC9 in IE Folder options.  

4) Noise, with Replay Gain enabled, in songs that are recorded at HIGHER volume than playlist average.  Clip protection is enabled.  Restarting the song usually eliminates the problem.      

5)If you check the remember volume setting option; MC9 does not reset it back to pre-MC9 level when the program is closed.

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2782 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 303 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD+RW  DRU-120A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

canaro99

• World Citizen
Missing Tool Buttons
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2003, 06:32:44 am »

I installed MC9.0.111 and all previously selected toolbar buttons were gone.

Also, I have uninstalled Audio Album 3 times and it continues to reappear with each new build install. Is this some way to get to buy just so I don't have to keep uninstalling it, or is there a solution?   ?

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1399 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 240 MB

Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: LITE-ON  LTR-16102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
Thank you,

John

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2003, 07:05:23 am »

Sorry about the wasted disks. If I think this is fixed by some change I make, I'll list something in the change log to that effect. I take it that if you put it in "test mode" it doesn't have the same behavior? I can't remember: did you check the auto-insert setting for the drive and try turning it off? If auto-insert is the problem, it might make sense if the problem only occurs in a real write and not in test mode.

Test mode works just fine--always get a message to the effect that it copied successfully.

I haven't checked the auto insert setting--how do you do this--is it in MC9, or my computer?  I'll check it later when I'm home if you could kindly give me instructions on how to change it.

Interestingly, several builds back, I was able to burn data CDs, but on occasion I got the error message and a ruined disc.

Thanks for the reply!

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2003, 07:15:34 am »

I noticed some 'static' with the latest builds: a small scratchy sound comes from my loudspeakers when I do things such as navigate menus, etc... reminds me of vinyl ;)

This is with an M-audio card (latest WDM beta drivers), ASIO without offset, and resampling at 88.2 kHz of APE encoded music.

Has anyone experienced this too?

Steve Most

• Recent member
  • Long Time Lurker...
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2003, 07:22:05 am »

Menu Bar reverts back to default after install'n of 111.
Steve
Steve Most

JohnS

• Recent member
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2003, 07:49:36 am »

Playback stops when "reaching" a song that is listed on the 'Skip List' and Playback Filter is set to skip songs on the 'Skip List'.

Playback should continue on to the next "non-skipped" song in the playlist..

Spiffy

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2003, 08:05:28 am »

I am unable to get ASIO output to work at all with my Echo Indigo PCMCIA soundcard. I switch the playback to ASIO and MC sees the card as ASIO Echo WDM, but when I press play it just sits there saying "Buffering...". When I hit stop, MC crashes and always produces a dialog box that says:

There was an error starting playback.

Make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in Media Jukebox playback options.

(double check the output mode, output device, and output bitdepth)

Wave out and DirectSound work just fine. I don't have DSP or any other effects turned on.

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 633 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 308 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Burning /  No burners found.

Folbo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2003, 08:16:22 am »

Cannot Install at all :-/

When running the exe, it unpacks to about 90%, then gives me :

'Errors encountered while performing the operation. Look at the information window for more details. OK.'

No other windows are opened. I have to close the install progress bar using the X (top right of wndow)

109 still works

Running W2k SP3

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2003, 08:20:29 am »

Try emptying your trash and this.

IE/Tools/Internet Options/Temp Internet Files/Delete files.

It can take a while.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2003, 09:30:22 am »

- When sending e.g. 5 mp3's to external tool for example MP3Gain, it opens 5 times MP3Gain i.s.o. Adding those 5 files to 1 MP3Gain and those 5 MP3Gain instances have all the same file in it. MP3Gain expects [FILENAME] [FILENAME] [FILENAME] etc. as parameters. Can we set multiple filenames in the parameters ?

- When deleting a file with shift from Playing now when a song is playing, the focus of the currently playing song is gone
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Holden

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2003, 12:26:52 pm »

When burning a playlist of MP3 files with various artists, each file shows "various," as the artist. I have never been able to get a proper listing in any build including 111. Are other users having success? Wonder what I'm failing to do or set, etc.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks...

Holden
...happy to be among such a great bunch of members. Holden
Pages: [1]   Go Up