INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 32.0.6 for Mac Silicon/Intel Universal build  (Read 1390 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

This is an initial build of JRiver Media Center 32 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download Universal Silicon/Intel 64 bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v32/latest/MediaCenter320006-Universal.dmg
(minimum requirement MacOS 10.13)

32.0.6 (1/18/2024)

1. Fixed: Theater View playback of "Play All" did not start on the selected file.
2. Changed: MC will not only remove XMP, IPTC, MJMD image segments, but also remove the entire EXIF segment when executing "Remove Tags".
3. Changed: Removed the Media Library node at the root of Browse/Rules in MCWS.
4. NEW: For MC32 the initial run will copy upgrade the library, data, skins and trackinfos from the most recent previous major version of MC.
5. NEW: Skins and Trackinfos courtesy of English Tiger.
6. NEW: TrackInfo_InsertURL(fieldname) used to load a Hexified version of the named field into a TrackInfo Plugin.
7. Fixed: File Associations being set on first run of a new major version of MC wouldn't work and popup a black box with no information in it.

32.0.5 (1/17/2024)

1. NEW: Holding shift while pressing right arrow in the tree expands all (like the recently added menu item).
2. Fixed: The combobox height could be too tall when editing list fields.
3. Changed: Some tuning to the new Browse/Rules function (use full path, named categories, etc.).
4. Changed: "Camera" field is made "Clear-only", so users will not be able to change camera Make and Model in EXIF image tags.  Also user-defined custom fields "Make" and "Model" will not be supported in EXIF handling.

32.0.4 (1/16/2024)

1. Changed: Removed the Back to Exit function from Theater View introduced in 32.0.1.
2. NEW: Added Browse/Rules to MCWS to return the rules used building the browse tree.
3. Changed: MC's "Genre" field is no longer mapped to ITPC/XMP Category tag.

32.0.3 (1/15/2024)

1. Fixed: Analyzer could show extreme numbers when playing noise files (for not a number values) but now it simply shows a question mark.
2. Changed: In the tag window, list data type fields show the values as a list (instead of list edit type fields) which makes genre, artist, etc. show lists.
3. Changed: The MCWS UserInterface/Show now returns success if it doesn't need to change the selection.
4. Changed: Back to exit Theater View only exits if a half second has passed since the last back click.
5. Fixed: The new track info colors had the red and blue channels reversed.
6. Changed: When saving to XMP and ITPC image tags, "Artist" field that contains semi-colon separated list in MC will be saved in multiple "creator" (XMP) and "by-line" (IPTC) tags, instead of a single one.
7. Fixed: MC did not read XMP tags "xmp:Label" and "xmp:Rating" from the XMP segment.

32.0.2 (1/12/2024)

1. Changed: Updated the copyrights to 2024.
2. Changed: Made a few improvements to the new download library and files tool.
3. Fixed: TRACKINFO_INSERT_BACK_COLOR / TRACKINFO_INSERT_TEXT_COLOR were not working.
4. NEW: Added the right-click tree option to expand all the items under a selection (instead of just the selection).
5. Fixed: Some XMP image tags that involve alternate language arrays were not saved properly.

32.0.1 (1/11/2024)

5. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
6. NEW: Added an advanced option to sort incoming playback files because the order coming from shell extensions could be shuffled (on by default).
7. Changed: Added media sub types: Business; Blog; Concert.
8. Changed: Made collapsing all the tree items simply always collapse (was saving and loading the expanded items).
9. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
10. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
11. NEW: Added an Enable ZoneSwitch toolbar button.
12. Changed: [TV Channel Number] field is now available for Media Type "Video", in addition to Media Type "TV" (for TV Channels).
13. NEW: If the remote control button "Recorded TV" can not find "Video\Shows" in Theater View, a few additional locations are tried to locate it, including root level "Shows" and "Recorded TV" and "Video\Recorded TV", etc.
14. NEW: Full screen video window will have Minimize button in addition to the Window Size button and Close button.
15. Changed: When adding cover art to a file, if no art is found next to the file it will search known subfolders as well (https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/View_Extras).
16. NEW: Added "Minimize" to the list of MC commands in remote control setup.
17. Changed: Theater View uses 20% larger fonts.
18. Changed: Added standard view to the loop of modes shown on F11 / Green Button.
19. Changed: Pressing back in Theater View when there's no place farther to go back closes Theater View by simulating F11.
20. Fixed: If Theater View was configured to switch to a zone on load, sometimes the load could not finish properly.
21. NEW: Added the ability to download the library and all the media files when connected to a library server.
23. NEW: Added a Display View toolbar button.
25. Changed: Updated Dutch translation (thanks Maarten).
26. Fixed: Genius lyrics lookup was failing on songs with parenthesis in the name.
27. NEW: Added a Reset Search Cache menu item to links to cause the search to be run again after editing a media type, etc.
28. Fixed: The image preview icon could not show in mixed lists.
29. Changed: The default value of the first parameter of MCWS function Television/GetRecordingScheduleXML will be "168", instead of "-1".
30. NEW: Added "Sorting" roller to Theater View library views to allow sorting using any of the default rules.
31. NEW: Added optional AlternatingColors property for Flush visualization component. It is of the form "N;HexColor1;HexColor2..." where N is the number of seconds between color changes. For example, "10;0x0000FF;0xFF0000;0x00FF00" would alternate between red, green, and blue every 10 seconds.
32. Changed: Removed some old code that no longer has any effect for playing a live TV channel on a Library Server client (using a tuner on the server).
33. NEW: Added "Duplicate" to the right-click menu on library views to make a new copy of the view.
34. NEW: Added TRACKINFO_INSERT_BACK_COLOR and TRACKINFO_INSERT_TEXT_COLOR to track info pages so the hex of each color can be loaded.
35. Fixed: Improved support for JPEG images with uncommon color encoding.
36. Fixed: Starting playback of a grouping of tracks with shuffle on would always start at the same track.
37. Fixed: bda TV might crash on stop when using Transport Stream time-shifting mode.
38. Changed: An empty password is no longer accepted to enter party mode.
39. Changed: A 400 error is returned from MCWS when the function name is not found.
40. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukáč).
41. Fixed: Calling MCWS Playback/PlayByFilename with invalid filenames now returns an error.
43. NEW: Implement the DLNA AVTransport command GetCurrentTransportActions dynamically according to play state.
44. Fixed: For the DLNA transport state, Always return 1 for the playspeed. Was 0 (when stopped) which appears to be incorrect.
45. Fixed: Make precision zone sync feature option determine whether or not it's exposed in the AVTransport XML play command. Fixes non-compliance with the spec.
46. Changed: Updated XMP library.
47. Changed: Updated GnuTLS and supporting libraries.
48. Changed: Updated WebP library.
49. Changed: Re-enabled writing of custom field "Event" to XMP metadata in images.
50. Fixed: MC wrote an new entry "State/Province" into a jpg image file's MJMD segment each time tags are saved to the image, resulting in multiple entries in the image.
51. Changed: Updated libplacebo in JRVR to the latest version.
52. Fixed: SRT subtitles with size parameters would render generally too small.
53. NEW: Added support for "pt" and "px" size definitions in inline string <font> parameters.
54. Changed: Empty text tokens no longer contribute vertical height when rendering text, resulting in a more consistent vertical spacing.
55. NEW: On initial run, if a previous major version library (like MC31) is found MC32 will automatically find and copy it, the cover art and thumbnails if they exist.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 32.0.6 for Mac Silicon/Intel Universal build
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 01:17:38 pm »

Wow - Upgrading from MC31 to MC32 is superfast  8)
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 09:46:45 am »

Cool thanks for the report back!

HaWi

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 11:27:17 am »

Indeed! I updated my audio, an old MacBook and the Raspberry Pi4 in less than 20 minutes.
Thanks Bob, that was much easier than I remember from previous updates.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.45 64 bit): 2788
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.44 64 bit): 3706
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.44 64 bit): 9500
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.45 64 bit): 1260
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

MrBiff

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 06:34:28 pm »

Update was good for me too.

MrBiff

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 09:42:14 pm »

I removed two "Items to Show" in Options > Media Network > Customize views for JRemote... hit OK, and crash.

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 07:21:54 am »

Cool thanks for the report back!

Yes....same here.....fast and easy.   They only problem I had was the default volume was 100% and I woke up the house.   

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 10:03:09 am »

I removed two "Items to Show" in Options > Media Network > Customize views for JRemote... hit OK, and crash.
Event routing again, I suspect universal control. It won't affect most users. Will look at it when possible.

TP1964

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2024, 08:10:55 am »

I don’t see any info on how to use ET’s ultra trackinfo plugin - although it says in the release notes that it’s there. What am I missing? I see the skins listed, but when I switch to them and play a track - I see no difference. Tried downloading the plugins manually from ETs website and installed - still nothing. So I’m obviously missing something.

TP1964

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2024, 08:48:04 am »

Never mind - found it.

Seems a little buried for such a useful feature.

For anyone else looking for it - a track must be playing - and you must be in the “display” mode (you can just click on the cover art up in the top display to get there) —> then you click on VIEW —> DISPLAY —> then choose your flavor - I like the Ultra III personally.

Beautiful work ET - thanks for including this in the new version!

crashjtm

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2024, 07:53:28 am »

I like the upgrade process and new skins

I am having a couple of problems:

- The app is hanging once in a while.  Sometimes while playing, sometimes when idle.   See attached JRiver Log 2024-01-23 08-16-42-beachball.zip and beach-ball.txt.zip.  I had to remove the  Previous Log.txt file from this as it was too big to attach.  If you need me to post it somewhere else, please let me know.

- The app crashes when I insert an audio CD.  See attached JRiver Log 2024-01-23 08-30-19-crash.zip and cd-crash.txt

Thanks,
Joe

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2024, 09:06:50 am »

Bob - I may have found a problem with MC32

Over the weekend I decided to re-align my Win and Mac Libraries so I spent most of Saturday copying all my tracks/videos from the Win-Pc onto some external ssd's and then all of Sunday copying those files onto the Mini-Mac.
Yesterday I removed all traces of the existing Library on the Mac and then used the Import a Single Folder option to load them into the Mac Library.
Which appeared to be successful and since I'd also hooked my Samsung Dolby Atmos enabled 7.1.4 Soundbar using HDMI I set MC32 playing while it was rebuilding the thumbnails.
Because MC32 had inherited all of it's settings from MC31 it looked like all 48,800+  files had been loaded into the library but when I checked all the Music (*.flac) file were showing under "Audio" but the mix of .dts, .mkv and .mka files that should have been listed under Video were listed under Data.
Since this is the 1st time I'd imported any "Video" files I realised I had not set up the required "Video File Associations" so I deleted all the files listed under "Data" set up the relevant "File Associations" and then reimported them into the library.

In addition I also enabled Media Network

This morning when I checked the Library I discovered something really unexplainable, of the files in the 9 folders containing the .dts, .mkv and .mka files for 8 of those folders the files were correctly listed under "Audio" or "Video" but the .mka & .mkv files in the 9th folder were once again listed under "Data".
However, when I checked the File Associations the ones for .mka nd .mkv had reverted back to not being Associated.
After re-asociating the .mka and mkv files and re-importing them they ended up in the right place.

2 Very Obvious Questions.
Why when no File Associations were set for .dts, .mka and .mkv files did MC32 Import them as Data Files"?
Why when the File Associations were set did MC32 import most of them into the right areas (Audio or Video) but the rest into the wrong section (Data); given MC was instructed to import all files and folders found under the High Level Folder it was told to import.

Now for some more bad news - I decided to check the "File Associations" and discovered every one had been switched off so I switched them back on but when I clicked on the OK Button MC MC was in it's idle state but when I opened up the smartlist I normally use to feed playing now it was not finding any tracks.
So I clicked on Files under Audio - there were none listed, nor were there any listed under Video or Data.

Just in case having Media Network Enabled was causing problems I disabled it and restarted MC32 and re-enabled the relevant "File Associations" and ran the 4 Single Folder Imports to get all the tracks/video files back into the Library.
This time everything got imported into the correct "Media Section" but when I checked the File Associations once again they had all been switched off.

A couple of interesting comparisons.
File Explorer on the Win-PC is nowhere near as efficient as the disc handling capabilities MS Claim but Finder could give Snail Mail lessons in inefficiency.
But the opposite applies to the MC32 "Build Thumbnails" option, on the Mac-Mini building the thumbnails for 48,828 tracks took just under 100 minutes the same exercise on the Win-PC took over 5 Hours
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2024, 11:09:04 am »

I’ve never messed with the file associations. The usual reason video files end up in data is that the libav plugin didn’t get downloaded for some reason.
Also once MC has the imported files as data and you delete them, there still are entries in the db. You can create a playlist database->bad and removed. Then delete them a second time. The deleted entries are how mc can prevent reimporting files you deliberately deleted.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2024, 12:02:26 pm »

I’ve never messed with the file associations. The usual reason video files end up in data is that the libav plugin didn’t get downloaded for some reason.
Also once MC has the imported files as data and you delete them, there still are entries in the db. You can create a playlist database->bad and removed. Then delete them a second time. The deleted entries are how mc can prevent reimporting files you deliberately deleted.

Something I forgot to mention because deleting files can end up in the MC Deleted Files List.  I always clean that list before re-importing any files.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2024, 02:30:02 pm »

Upgrading from MC31 to MC32 is superfast but the results were not what I expected.

I have multiple libraries. There is the 'Main Library' plus I have a library for my FLAC files and a 3rd for my MP3 files.  All of these libraries are stored in folders by version (e.g. v30, v31...).

When I did the upgrade, the 'Main Library' was in a folder by version (V32).  My FLAC and MP3 libraries were pointed to the original MC31 folders.   Is this the expected behavior?  To sort this out I cloned my FLAC and MP3 libraries with a V32 folder, then deleted the FLAC and MP3 libraries that were created from the upgrade process.

Randy

NOTE: I also had to adjust my options. Maybe this is a result of my workaround.

Also, is there a way to bypass the MC upgrade logic and just do a clean install?  That's the process I've used on all of my MAC installs for MC versions going back to the initial MAC release).

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2024, 02:48:35 pm »

I was changing options in MC32. When I do a save of options, MC crashes.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2024, 04:09:06 pm »

Upgrading from MC31 to MC32 is superfast but the results were not what I expected.

I have multiple libraries. There is the 'Main Library' plus I have a library for my FLAC files and a 3rd for my MP3 files.  All of these libraries are stored in folders by version (e.g. v30, v31...).

When I did the upgrade, the 'Main Library' was in a folder by version (V32).  My FLAC and MP3 libraries were pointed to the original MC31 folders.   Is this the expected behavior?  To sort this out I cloned my FLAC and MP3 libraries with a V32 folder, then deleted the FLAC and MP3 libraries that were created from the upgrade process.

Randy

NOTE: I also had to adjust my options. Maybe this is a result of my workaround.

Also, is there a way to bypass the MC upgrade logic and just do a clean install?  That's the process I've used on all of my MAC installs for MC versions going back to the initial MAC release).

I uninstalled MC32 for now.

I'll try again after I figure out how to do a clean install - bypassing the upgrade process.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2024, 07:31:26 pm »

The new auto-upgrade worked perfectly for me, on three machines. Different OSs, from up-to-date 14.2, going back to 12.7.2 due to old hardware. Different configurations including client-only machines that load remote libraries. All three installs just worked. No problems or surprises whatsoever.

Really nice work! Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2024, 01:45:14 am »

I was changing options in MC32. When I do a save of options, MC crashes.
In your other recent post, you said you had moved some backups.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2024, 10:59:42 am »

In your other recent post, you said you had moved some backups.

Based on your question, I think I figured out my Auto-upgrade issues.

I had my backup folder in a separate directory, where I store my additional libraries for FLAC and MP3.  I changed this back to the default location in the documents folder. I then did another backup of MC31 and installed MC32.

MC32 Auto-upgraded and all of the options were intact (e.g. same as MC31).  Based on this I'm assuming the Auto-upgrade is automatically restoring the latest backup of the version being upgraded (in this case MC31).

I still had an issue with my additional libraries for FLAC and MP3. They were still pointing to my MC31 libraries. To resolve this I manually copied the MC31 FLAC and MP3 library folders with new names to make them MC32 specific. I then manually added these libraries in MC32. Maybe there is something that the upgrade process is supposed to do to cater for this, but this manual process appears to make it work for me.

I'll do more testing and report back if there are additional issues.

Note: MC32 still crashes when I save options.

Randy

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2024, 03:24:52 pm »

Based on your question, I think I figured out my Auto-upgrade issues.

I had my backup folder in a separate directory, where I store my additional libraries for FLAC and MP3.  I changed this back to the default location in the documents folder. I then did another backup of MC31 and installed MC32.

MC32 Auto-upgraded and all of the options were intact (e.g. same as MC31).  Based on this I'm assuming the Auto-upgrade is automatically restoring the latest backup of the version being upgraded (in this case MC31).

I still had an issue with my additional libraries for FLAC and MP3. They were still pointing to my MC31 libraries. To resolve this I manually copied the MC31 FLAC and MP3 library folders with new names to make them MC32 specific. I then manually added these libraries in MC32. Maybe there is something that the upgrade process is supposed to do to cater for this, but this manual process appears to make it work for me.

I'll do more testing and report back if there are additional issues.

Note: MC32 still crashes when I save options.

Randy
Yes, that is correct. The upgrade process stops after the first usuable previous version is found.
Please post a Apple crash report for your options save and attach a log. Thanks.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2024, 04:58:39 pm »

Yes, that is correct. The upgrade process stops after the first usuable previous version is found.
Please post a Apple crash report for your options save and attach a log. Thanks.

Crash report on option change follows.  This is just the front part. The entire report is too large to post.

-------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)

Process:               Media Center 32 [11356]
Path:                  /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Media Center 32
Identifier:            com.jriver.MediaCenter32
Version:               32.0.6 (6151)
Code Type:             ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2024-01-24 14:52:04.5544 -0800
OS Version:            macOS 14.3 (23D56)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        CE9BD3AF-FDED-B03C-6349-9CD3E740F27E

Time Awake Since Boot: 28000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process:   exc handler [11356]

VM Region Info: 0 is not in any region.  Bytes before following region: 4310843392
      REGION TYPE                    START - END         [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD  REGION DETAIL
      UNUSED SPACE AT START
---> 
      __TEXT                      100f24000-102dc4000    [ 30.6M] r-x/r-x SM=COW  ...dia Center 32

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2024, 05:32:16 pm »

Crash report on option change follows.  This is just the front part. The entire report is too large to post.

Translated Report (Full Report Below)

Process:               Media Center 32 [11356]
Path:                  /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Media Center 32
Identifier:            com.jriver.MediaCenter32
Version:               32.0.6 (6151)
Code Type:             ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2024-01-24 14:52:04.5544 -0800
OS Version:            macOS 14.3 (23D56)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        CE9BD3AF-FDED-B03C-6349-9CD3E740F27E

Time Awake Since Boot: 28000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process:   exc handler [11356]

VM Region Info: 0 is not in any region.  Bytes before following region: 4310843392
      REGION TYPE                    START - END         [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD  REGION DETAIL
      UNUSED SPACE AT START
---> 
      __TEXT                      100f24000-102dc4000    [ 30.6M] r-x/r-x SM=COW  ...dia Center 32
Crashed thread is zero.
Need at least the backtrace on that one.

Are you using universal control?

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2024, 06:51:01 pm »

Crash thread 0
I'm not using universal control

Thread 0 crashed with ARM Thread State (64-bit):
    x0: 0x0000000000000000   x1: 0x0000000000000000   x2: 0x0000000000000000   x3: 0x0000600000b75030
    x4: 0x0000000000000001   x5: 0x0000000000000001   x6: 0x000000650000006e   x7: 0x0000000000000001
    x8: 0x0000000000000000   x9: 0x0000000000000000  x10: 0x000000007ffffc17  x11: 0x0000000000000011
   x12: 0x0000000000000011  x13: 0x0000000000000065  x14: 0x0000000000000000  x15: 0x0002360000000000
   x16: 0x000000018303d650  x17: 0x0002360000023602  x18: 0x0000000000000000  x19: 0x000000014de1e3e8
   x20: 0x000000014de1e200  x21: 0x0000600003e0d570  x22: 0x0000000000000000  x23: 0x000000007ffffc17
   x24: 0x0000000104157048  x25: 0x0000600000e365b0  x26: 0x000000000000000d  x27: 0x0000000000000114
   x28: 0x000000002bd80025   fp: 0x000000016dd0e8f0   lr: 0x00000001032f6b80
    sp: 0x000000016dd0e820   pc: 0x00000001032f6b88 cpsr: 0x60001000
   far: 0x0000000000000000  esr: 0x92000006 (Data Abort) byte read Translation fault

Binary Images:
       0x12af64000 -        0x12afcbfff libin_APE.dylib (*) <dce08705-a4b4-3f2d-ba73-226e118eef07> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_APE.dylib
       0x11b384000 -        0x11b81ffff libJRPlayer.dylib (*) <7332ecf8-cae1-3700-9b48-89ab8bff42dd> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/libJRPlayer.dylib
       0x11cc00000 -        0x11d4dbfff com.apple.audio.codecs.Components (7.0) <d4d6ca9f-abef-319f-aca0-1fbdbf4df379> /System/Library/Components/AudioCodecs.component/Contents/MacOS/AudioCodecs
       0x10a164000 -        0x10a1cffff com.apple.AppleMetalOpenGLRenderer (1.0) <72c22333-9dbf-3856-99f1-716fc2b10726> /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMetalOpenGLRenderer.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleMetalOpenGLRenderer
       0x105554000 -        0x10555ffff libobjc-trampolines.dylib (*) <39d1d8d0-6996-3bd4-8ce9-39512bb65c82> /usr/lib/libobjc-trampolines.dylib
       0x10abc8000 -        0x10ada7fff libJRDisc.dylib (*) <2964bdd7-da93-3c30-856d-7eba90f93ac2> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/libJRDisc.dylib
       0x10a62c000 -        0x10a83bfff libJRReader.dylib (*) <8731443a-421e-36fa-9927-42eb716f2ff0> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/libJRReader.dylib
       0x10a928000 -        0x10ab67fff libgnutls.30.dylib (*) <b0a16503-3b74-30ed-819e-7ccc38863592> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/libgnutls.30.dylib
       0x10af54000 -        0x10b4a3fff libJRImage.dylib (*) <abb8f0e4-e9e7-3896-ab38-ae43a60a1f32> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/libJRImage.dylib
       0x106ab8000 -        0x106e6bfff libJRTools.dylib (*) <0908ccf4-1458-3fac-8eca-f44d40b68a02> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/libJRTools.dylib
       0x104c10000 -        0x104e07fff libdsp_Main.dylib (*) <54a5851e-1370-3af2-b1f5-ada7bee4c44d> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libdsp_Main.dylib
       0x104878000 -        0x10491ffff libin_WAV.dylib (*) <0e6de57c-7247-3000-8d2b-6ccc1583a7dc> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_WAV.dylib
       0x1046a4000 -        0x10478ffff libin_MP4.dylib (*) <4470ba84-8634-3157-8551-8f70c78d5f98> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_MP4.dylib
       0x104968000 -        0x104a9bfff libin_MP3.dylib (*) <93fb3e49-e84d-36d0-9aeb-30378bf4b3a9> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_MP3.dylib
       0x104b1c000 -        0x104bbbfff libin_FLAC.dylib (*) <adaaea22-be4c-3ef6-b962-45d2151c0c1f> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_FLAC.dylib
       0x105224000 -        0x105353fff libin_DSD.dylib (*) <3122b947-ca1f-309c-9573-5948c3d085dd> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_DSD.dylib
       0x104ec8000 -        0x1050bffff libin_Opus.dylib (*) <6846d7e8-da67-3e05-929c-f4e4ce5c78fd> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_Opus.dylib
       0x10593c000 -        0x105b33fff libenc_Main.dylib (*) <75f2a879-cc11-3e6c-9eaa-ecba4ee7d166> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libenc_Main.dylib
       0x1056bc000 -        0x1057b3fff libout_Main.dylib (*) <2e2c0661-7c0c-3144-9e85-b72fe49ffe4d> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libout_Main.dylib
       0x1047d0000 -        0x10480bfff libin_audiotest.dylib (*) <ba3af2ca-9343-394e-95af-c2d7c3d1d5b4> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_audiotest.dylib
       0x105574000 -        0x105603fff libin_wavpack.dylib (*) <2e92b0ab-c39f-3147-80f8-71ab1687188c> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_wavpack.dylib
       0x1053d8000 -        0x10546ffff libin_CDA.dylib (*) <5cae09fb-7132-3fe8-87d1-a245821386bc> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_CDA.dylib
       0x105830000 -        0x1058b7fff libin_MPC.dylib (*) <d7a7bb92-50a8-37df-862b-b88991331ff9> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_MPC.dylib
       0x1054ac000 -        0x10551ffff libin_WMA.dylib (*) <4057b74c-5b8e-335f-ab50-559b714b13ae> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_WMA.dylib
       0x105d0c000 -        0x105d7bfff libin_OGG.dylib (*) <e2c8b6c8-6061-3ee8-818b-11a3e4d7ece8> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libin_OGG.dylib
       0x105644000 -        0x10569bfff libhh_portable.dylib (*) <58764f74-d10d-3eee-974f-ec338260a8a1> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libhh_portable.dylib
       0x106020000 -        0x10611ffff libvis_Main.dylib (*) <32d52cb0-1b64-391c-b347-f46f51a677d1> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Visualizations/libvis_Main.dylib
       0x1020e8000 -        0x103f87fff com.jriver.MediaCenter32 (32.0.6) <070e96de-16b7-387f-997d-04d281bcdce7> /Applications/Media Center 32.app/Contents/MacOS/Media Center 32
       0x18688f000 -        0x187bbafff com.apple.AppKit (6.9) <873e5da0-bc01-399b-bf60-4066922d6a17> /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
       0x18306e000 -        0x183545fff com.apple.CoreFoundation (6.9) <6030a572-b731-3f46-b3a0-2598fbb98c9a> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
       0x18419b000 -        0x184de2fff com.apple.Foundation (6.9) <343d22b2-6c9a-3290-aa4d-18be70ab68ad> /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
       0x18a04b000 -        0x18a0beff7 com.apple.AE (944) <1b2c4fa1-33cf-324a-84d8-134e07056155> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
       0x18d682000 -        0x18d941fff com.apple.HIToolbox (2.1.1) <db8a8b63-7bfb-384b-b0a9-c124675fbb39> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox
       0x182c87000 -        0x182d1b387 dyld (*) <50746901-db0e-39a0-b391-baaa6b82ad0f> /usr/lib/dyld
               0x0 - 0xffffffffffffffff ? (*) <00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000> ?
       0x18303a000 -        0x183040ffb libsystem_platform.dylib (*) <785bf993-f73b-36c1-a5ba-ccce6c6da879> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_platform.dylib
       0x183007000 -        0x183013ff3 libsystem_pthread.dylib (*) <449bbad3-f7ef-371d-9a59-fd4ffa78289b> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_pthread.dylib
       0x182fcc000 -        0x183006fff libsystem_kernel.dylib (*) <a7228b5d-53c7-3fe9-84e4-2a8c04dcf051> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib
       0x18828d000 -        0x188660fff com.apple.CFNetwork (1.0) <4f575fba-9c93-3f0f-9ec8-f353050fbf7d> /System/Library/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork
       0x18b1c0000 -        0x18b588fff com.apple.QuartzCore (1.11) <fdf04ced-461a-3e20-8e8e-22a69c0b1a5f> /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
       0x19ed9e000 -        0x1a0475f9f com.apple.JavaScriptCore (19617) <9bd69c7d-658b-33ce-ace8-ac8e4e68475f> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore
       0x18d3ac000 -        0x18d3d5fff com.apple.audio.caulk (1.0) <f3096db3-a767-3de6-b0ba-a9b44476c5f2> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/caulk.framework/Versions/A/caulk

External Modification Summary:
  Calls made by other processes targeting this process:
    task_for_pid: 0
    thread_create: 0
    thread_set_state: 0
  Calls made by this process:
  Calls made by all processes on this machine:

VM Region Summary:
ReadOnly portion of Libraries: Total=1.7G resident=0K(0%) swapped_out_or_unallocated=1.7G(100%)
Writable regions: Total=6.2G written=0K(0%) resident=0K(0%) swapped_out=0K(0%) unallocated=6.2G(100%)

VIRTUAL   REGION
REGION TYPE                        SIZE    COUNT (non-coalesced)
===========                     =======  =======
Accelerate framework               256K        2
Activity Tracing                   256K        1
CG image                            48K        3
CG raster data                   146.5M       11
ColorSync                          688K       33
CoreAnimation                     8720K       44
CoreGraphics                        48K        3
CoreImage                           16K        1
CoreUI image data                 1264K        9
Foundation                          16K        1
Kernel Alloc Once                   32K        1
MALLOC                             1.9G       97
MALLOC guard page                  384K       24
STACK GUARD                       56.4M       28
Stack                             22.8M       28
VM_ALLOCATE                       23.2M      110
VM_ALLOCATE (reserved)             4.0G        1         reserved VM address space (unallocated)
WebKit Malloc                    160.1M        3
WebKit Malloc (reserved)          32.0M        1         reserved VM address space (unallocated)
__AUTH                            3091K      435
__AUTH_CONST                      33.8M      659
__CTF                               824        1
__DATA                            18.4M      685
__DATA_CONST                      37.9M      692
__DATA_DIRTY                      1996K      244
__FONT_DATA                          4K        1
__GLSLBUILTINS                    5174K        1
__LINKEDIT                       903.1M       29
__OBJC_RO                         71.2M        1
__OBJC_RW                         2171K        1
__TEXT                           842.0M      711
dyld private memory                784K        4
mapped file                      312.7M       46
shared memory                     1888K       39
===========                     =======  =======
TOTAL                              8.5G     3950
TOTAL, minus reserved VM space     4.5G     3950

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2024, 09:28:12 pm »

Bob,
Attached is .txt of the MC32 crash when saving options.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2024, 08:07:47 pm »

Bob - I may have found a problem with MC32

Over the weekend I decided to re-align my Win and Mac Libraries so I spent most of Saturday copying all my tracks/videos from the Win-Pc onto some external ssd's and then all of Sunday copying those files onto the Mini-Mac.
I'm thinking this might be related to the FileAssociations.xml being in Custom Resources. It seem that there is an issue with the copy code adding a trailing backslash to that when the upgrade happens. I'm generating a new build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up