INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Separate Cover Art for Series?  (Read 448 times)

rlmartindale

• Recent member
Separate Cover Art for Series?
« on: January 29, 2024, 09:34:38 pm »

There are a number of "series" here that are not TV shows or Movies.  They are Home Movies, etc.

How can the thumbnail for the Series be changed without changing any of the thumbnails for the programs within the series? 

Right now, if any thumbnail in the series is changed, the thumbnail for the series changes.  That is not what is being looked for.  i want to change the thumbnail for the series and have it be independent of any thumbnails within the series.

any thoughts?  I searched but came up empty....

rlmartindale

• Recent member
Re: Separate Cover Art for Series?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 01:55:45 am »

HELLO?   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 02:38:48 am »

You're asking for a program change.  It's possible.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 08:35:31 am »

... i want to change the thumbnail for the series and have it be independent of any thumbnails within the series.
Not sure this will work for you, but I do this whenever "get from internet" doesn't come up with anything... You can create your own JPG series cover art, give it the same name as the series, save it in the AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center XX\Cover Art folder. Then MC will pick it up as the series cover art without changing the episode thumbnails.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 04:56:41 pm »

There are a number of "series" here that are not TV shows or
How can the thumbnail for the Series be changed without changing any of the thumbnails for the programs within the series? 

Right now, if any thumbnail in the series is changed, the thumbnail for the series changes.  That is not what is being looked for.  i want to change the thumbnail for the series and have it be independent of any thumbnails within the series.
I have the same question for a collection of audio disks.  A single Album consisting of three discs, for example, is organized by folders as:

Artist > Album > Disc 1 (contains Disc 1 cover jpg & flacs)
Artist > Album > Disc 2 (contains Disc 2 cover jpg & flacs)
Artist > Album > Disc 3 (contains Disc 3 cover jpg & flacs)

Each Disc has a unique name and artwork, with corresponding artwork stored inside the flacs as well as in respective jpg sidecars.  No artwork in the Album folder.  Then each Disc displays it own thumbnail, while the album folder by default displays the Disc 1 thumbnail.

However if I place unique cover artwork in the Album folder, then Discs 1, 2, 3 lose their respective cover art thumbnails and all display the cover art from the Album folder.  I would like to display unique thumbnails for all four folders.

You can create your own JPG series cover art, give it the same name as the series, save it in the AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center XX\Cover Art folder. Then MC will pick it up as the series cover art without changing the episode thumbnails.
I could not get this to work for the analogous audio album case described above.  All Discs displayed the Album thumbnail once I dropped it into the Cover Art folder.

Win 11 Pro 64-bit   MC 32.0.12 (in beta)

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 05:20:56 pm »

I could not get this to work for the analogous audio album case described above.  All Discs displayed the Album thumbnail once I dropped it into the Cover Art folder.
Probably true for album art, I have not tried it. In my experience, audio album art doesn't generally behave the same as video series art. They should, but they just don't.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]
Pages: [1]   Go Up