INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Active Templates for Theater View  (Read 9526 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: NEW: Active Templates for Theater View
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2024, 10:25:54 am »

FPS is actually stored in full precision, but rounded to two decimals for display

When I use [FPS] in an expression it is only 2 decimal places so that tag seems to not be full precision unless it rounds internally for every request.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2024, 10:28:51 am »

When I use [FPS] in an expression it is only 2 decimal places so that tag seems to not be full precision unless it rounds internally for every request.

It does, try [FPS,0] sometime :D
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2024, 10:40:55 am »

It does, try [FPS,0] sometime :D

I always wondered what the ,0 did :).

murray

« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2024, 12:35:25 am »

FPS is actually stored in full precision, but rounded to two decimals for display, so be careful with that. But there is only so many relevant frame rates that cover 99% of all content, and rounding to pick an image would be just fine:

- 23.976 (23.98 when rounded)

An argument could be made to also just fold the "plain" and NTSC rates into one (eg. 23.976 and 24 is just "24p"), but I imagine some people would also prefer to keep them separate.
Hendrik I would really prefer the frame rates where all separate like your longer list above, that's so much more accurate that way.

On another subject I'm also missing the file size of the films (GB) which we had in the old view. Apart from these two things, fps and GB we have it pretty good I think.....

Only one other thing that maybe one day to add (as they have in PLEX) is where you have recommended titles...

PLEX has that section as a list of movie posters with "other" films that the stars for the selected title were also in and which are in our library, you can then click on a poster and the "new" film plays. If I really like a film its easy to find "other" titles that those stars were in and instantly start it all from the same page. Now that is clever!

murray

« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2024, 12:41:28 am »

With the new Theatre look do you know how one can scan the whole library to populate all the two rows of small thumbnails. Currently I have to open each film and wait for at least 8secs for the images to load….

Im sure there is a way to scan the library and let it run for an hour or so to populate each film.
I have 3000 films so its too slow to load them one by one.

Thanks in advance...

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2024, 06:39:12 am »

With the new Theatre look do you know how one can scan the whole library to populate all the two rows of small thumbnails.

Open Options --> Tree & View
Expand Thumbnails
Click on "Build missing thumbnails"

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2024, 02:16:54 pm »

The cast images are downloaded on demand and there is no way to do a “batch”.  It does cache these images so it is only delayed the first time.

murray

« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2024, 03:12:48 pm »

Expand Thumbnails
That doesnt work I tried that many times days ago.

murray

« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2024, 03:14:14 pm »

The cast images are downloaded on demand and there is no way to do a “batch”.  It does cache these images so it is only delayed the first time.
True but you have to open each movie one at a time and it takes up to 8secs to download the images, when you have 3000+ films thats a no go.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2024, 09:22:07 am »

True but you have to open each movie one at a time and it takes up to 8secs to download the images, when you have 3000+ films thats a no go.

Not sure why it is taking so long for you.  2-3 seconds here and I don't have particularly fast internet.  It only happens when you go to the movie details page and not when browsing the list.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2024, 09:26:36 am »

I am creating fps icons based on jmone's artistic design.  Would you guys like to have "Hz" displayed in there or just the number?  That is, "50" or "50 Hz"?  Or something else?

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2024, 11:13:52 am »

For me a simple 23.976, 50 etc. would be better.

Are you also planning icons for the cropped files?
We don't have a ready-made-field for that, but if we're talking about rules to make it work, I would recommend a slightly more complex ruleset, so it covers both cropped content (eg. 1920x800) as well as 4:3 content (1440x1080)

Width >= 3840 || Height >= 2160 -> 4K
Width >= 1920 || Height >= 1080 -> 1080p
Width >= 1280 || Height >= 720 -> 720p
Width >= 720 && Height >= 576 -> 576p
Width >= 720 || Height >= 480 -> 480p

If this is too annoying to do in a template, I suppose I could make a expression function to return those tokens? Let me know!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2024, 12:53:03 pm »

Are you also planning icons for the cropped files?

Yes.

murray

« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2024, 02:17:57 pm »

Not sure why it is taking so long for you.  2-3 seconds here and I don't have particularly fast internet.  It only happens when you go to the movie details page and not when browsing the list.
I have ultra fast fibre and am on the highest plan.  Some are faster, some are up to 7 or 8 secs, I have no idea why, maybe its scanning files which some are larger than others. Problem is if you dont wait for them to load, if you stop a fil it doesnt return to the menu and you hang there with a black screen and wonder what on earth has happened. When I was testing I thought my PC had crashed a number of times due to the black screen, however it was loading all the thumb nails behind the black screen.

MGD_King

« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2024, 02:57:57 pm »

That doesnt work I tried that many times days ago.
I see, you're talking about the actors and recommended movies, right? Those are pulled on the fly from the web as needed and cached locally in %appdata%\J River\Media Center 32\Cache\Spotlight\Images folder.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2024, 03:31:02 pm »

I see, you're talking about the actors and recommended movies, right? Those are pulled on the fly from the web as needed and cached locally in %appdata%\J River\Media Center 32\Cache\Spotlight\Images folder.
why doesn't it go in the location specified in options > file location > program files > temporary files ?

murray

« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2024, 03:31:44 pm »

Correct.

Doing this does not populate them.
Expand Thumbnails

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2024, 03:36:21 pm »

anything from 2-8s here, mostly at the higher end. No black screens though so not sure what provokes that.

I was expecting/hoping to be able to jump to individual items in the list btw, e.g. go from that actor to either other films I have with that actor or get more info on the actor. I'd prefer if recommended films were navigable too (and split to show ones I have vs ones I don't)

murray

« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2024, 03:45:53 pm »

anything from 2-8s here, mostly at the higher end. No black screens though so not sure what provokes that.

I was expecting/hoping to be able to jump to individual items in the list btw, e.g. go from that actor to either other films I have with that actor or get more info on the actor. I'd prefer if recommended films were navigable too (and split to show ones I have vs ones I don't)

Correct mine to is anything from 3 to 8 secs to populate the thumbs. (as a test) Open a new film and dont wait to populate the thumbs, start the film and then stop, your screen will remain "black" as its trying to populate the thumbs, when it has the menu will appear.

I agree, I was expecting/hoping to see other films in "my library" that the same actors of the opened film were in, and then click on the title to play. Also the reviews from Rotten Tomatoes like plex has.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2024, 11:50:20 pm »

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2024, 04:36:04 pm »

Thanks for adding the FPS indicator in V23.0.40.  Works great!

JRiver CEO Elect

murray

« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2024, 03:59:04 pm »

As we now have most things needed in the new Theatre View the only thing missing for me is the size of the file GB, do you think we could have this added please?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2024, 08:45:51 am »

Split posts and merged in the original thread on tooltips:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,135179.msg962280.html#msg962280

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2024, 11:13:29 am »

As we now have most things needed in the new Theatre View the only thing missing for me is the size of the file GB, do you think we could have this added please?

In my opinion the audio and subtitle languages are missing

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2024, 11:41:25 am »

File Size doesn't seem that important information to me. Why is it that you want to know that on an immediate glance?

Available languages would be interesting, but hard to present cleanly and concisely.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

murray

« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2024, 03:49:35 pm »

File Size doesn't seem that important information to me. Why is it that you want to know that on an immediate glance?

Available languages would be interesting, but hard to present cleanly and concisely.
We had the file size in the old Theatre View and I always found it most important. At a glance its easy to then tell if a film is DVD, BD, HDR etc etc by the file size. Also it tells if a rip is a full 1to1 rip or something of a lesser size/quality. I use it constantly. Available languages arnt important at all to people that use English as far as I can see.

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #176 on: Yesterday at 06:40:02 pm »

The new "Active" templates are much more fancy with icons etc.  ...

Yes, they are more fancy.

But when I sit down to watch a few episodes of a TV show I have in MC, I am presented with the same pictures of the actors over and over again, with each episode I view.

And those pictures take up a lot of space, pushing the information about each episode that I am interested in off the screen.  Also, the actors' photos are current ones, not anything like the actors as they may appear on older shows.

Then there's that huge bold font for the episode title.

What I'd like to see:

The option to show, e.g., Actors' names  or Actors' names and photos when I configure what i want to see.

... and tone down that episode title.  It does not need to take up that much screen space.

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #177 on: Yesterday at 09:01:17 pm »

One other aspect I am curious about....

Where do the images come from?

When those images are downloaded from that site, is the IP address used for the download my IP address, or a server that JR has?

The reason I ask is  --- if it is my IP address, then there may be a leakage of information.

I note the JR Privacy document ( https://www.jriver.com/privacy.html )  (last modified August 2, 2005) does not mention this current scenario.

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

MGD_King

« Reply #178 on: Today at 07:15:34 am »

Where do the images come from?
It appears that images are downloaded from themoviedb.org and tmdb.org, stored locally, and served from the MCWS service in MC. That's based on the XML files that are created for each movie in your %appdata%\J River\Media Center 32\Cache\Spotlight\Movie folder.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up