INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 32.0.16 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 2106 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 32.0.16 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: February 10, 2024, 07:15:33 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 32.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v32/latest/MediaCenter320016-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v32/latest/MediaCenter320016.exe (works on all systems)

32.0.16 (2/9/2024)

1. Changed: The flip state of Playing Now is saved between program restarts.
2. Changed: Updated our TIFF library to the latest (makes a crashing TIF somebody sent load).

32.0.15 (2/8/2024)

1. Changed: Made the new confirmation before installing an update an option (Options > General > Advanced > Confirm before installing an update on launch).

32.0.14 (2/8/2024)

1. Fixed: Spotlight images in Theater View file info panel were sometimes not drawing properly.
2. Changed: Loading views starts in the saved views folder under the library.
3. Changed: The import and export all templates Theater View tools start in the backup folder under the library (or just the library folder if the backup folder doesn't exist).
4. Changed: When you launch the program and an updated is pending, it will ask if you want to install the update instead of just doing it (times out and cancels in 30 seconds for headless servers).
5. Changed: Added video definition icon to Theater View movie file info template (v2.1 of templates file).
6. NEW: "Migrate Library" wizard to help update the library after swapping Operating System or otherwise moving media files into a different location.
7. Changed: spotlight_list() values in file info templates are "hexified" to handle special characters.

32.0.13 (2/6/2024)

1. Changed: When a field is deleted, that column will no longer be loaded.
2. Changed: Allow user to specify high version number in Theater View file info template file so that it is never overwritten with defaults.
3. Changed: The after playback expression in Options opens an expression editor instead of just being an edit box.
4. Changed: An expression editor is shown for the Theater View option for playing now expression.
5. Fixed: Closing an empty tab could fail to work in some cases.
6. NEW: Middle-click on the close button will relaunch Media Center.
7. Changed: When toggling the list style of Playing Now, the playing file is shown.
8. Changed: Track Info uses the list background skin color instead of white when drawing cover art.
9. NEW: Double-click on the player text area goes in and out of mini view.
10. Changed: Audio Filename Rule is now simply Filename Rule for handhelds since the rule is used for other media types.
11. NEW: Added a FileExtension expression function.

32.0.12 (2/1/2024)

1. Changed: Use .xml extension for the Theater View file info template backups and put them in "Backup" folder.  Remove old Movie file info template.

32.0.11 (2/1/2024)

1. NEW: Added Options > General > Advanced > Split Playing Now vertically.
2. NEW: Holding CTRL while picking Playing Now opens the view split in the other direction than the setting.
3. NEW: Added a new field "Digital Source Type" for image media type and mapped it to the XMP DigitalSourceType tag.  Users can select from a controlled vocabulary list.
4. NEW: Added a new field editing type - PRESET_LIST, which only allows changing field value by selecting from a pre-set list of values.  Currently it is used only for "Digital Source Type" field.
5. NEW: Added new default Theater View file info panel template for movies that shows Spotlight data.  The current user templates are backed up and overwritten.

32.0.10 (1/30/2024)

1. Fixed: When reading GPS tags from image EXIF segment, Longitude and Latitude were displayed incorrectly, with the degree symbol mangled.
2. Changed: When importing settings from another OS, various settings will be migrated or adjusted to ensure MediaCenter functions properly.
3. Changed: When writing [Comment] field to EXIF "User Comment" tag, MC will determine the encoding method (Unicode or ASCII) according to the actual text, instead of using Unicode for all, to improve compatibility with other Apps that may not handle Unicode correctly.

32.0.9 (1/29/2024)

1. Fixed: MC loaded XMP "Source" and "Label" tags into custom "Source" and "Label" fields after it already loaded them into stock "Source (Supply Chain)" and "Image Label" fields.  It should now only read these tags into the two stock fields.
2. Fixed: When loading a DSP preset, it was not restoring numeric fields properly so they became strings and sometimes didn't work.
3. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
4. Changed: MCWS Playback/PlayByKey honors zone switch.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ashfall

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 32.0.16 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 09:09:42 am »

Tried to restore my previous theater view template after upgrading and received an error:
"Import failed, restored default templates"

Rolling back to version 32.0.8 allowed me to restore my previous templates.
Also, when the gui import fails, it creates another backup folder as a sub-folder of the original backup folder.

Edit:  By manually changing the version number to a high number inside "theater view file info templates.xml" the old templates will work in 32.0.16.

sanzman

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 01:33:10 pm »

I just followed the posted link from Matt,  to download this latest 64-bit MC32 build and Norton AV has flagged and quarantined it, stating that it contains the WS.Reputation.1 virus.   

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 01:55:07 pm »

I just followed the posted link from Matt,  to download this latest 64-bit MC32 build and Norton AV has flagged and quarantined it, stating that it contains the WS.Reputation.1 virus.   

Please report the false positive.  Run the build through VirusTotal.com if you want to double-check.  There's one false there as well, but 63 checkers say it's safe.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 02:42:53 pm »

Tried to restore my previous theater view template after upgrading and received an error:
"Import failed, restored default templates"

Also, when the gui import fails, it creates another backup folder as a sub-folder of the original backup folder.

Edit:  By manually changing the version number to a high number inside "theater view file info templates.xml" the old templates will work in 32.0.16.
Thanks for the details.  There are still some kinks that we need to work out in this new system.

gappie

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2024, 02:46:30 am »

thank you very much for al the updates.
i love this.

one thing: the lock tab does not work anymore (for me anyway).
not sure why, but does work again.  :-X

8)
gab

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 09:13:43 am »

Sorry about that.  This is fixed in the next build.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 01:34:37 pm »

2. NEW: Holding CTRL while picking Playing Now opens the view split in the other direction than the setting.
CTRL also affect to ctrl-t which now splits vertically even though it is not enabled in the options

E: also why not add toggle to playing now zones right click menu UI instead of secretly hiding it under ctrl click mentioned only in release notes?

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2024, 02:17:00 pm »

also why not add toggle to playing now zones right click menu UI instead of secretly hiding it under ctrl click mentioned only in release notes?
I agree the new Player Tab split actions need exposure in a menu instead of remaining hidden secrets.

See Feature Request https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,138185.0.html

2/16/2024 Add link to separate Feature Request.

Pages: [1]   Go Up