INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 32.0.18 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 2630 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 32.0.18 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: February 16, 2024, 02:05:20 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 32.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v32/latest/MediaCenter320018-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v32/latest/MediaCenter320018.exe (works on all systems)

32.0.18 (2/15/2024)

1. Changed: Added a help button to the Acquire Images Action Window that links to the wiki.
2. Changed: When acquiring images, the destination path is checked to make sure it can be written to.
3. Fixed: Library/CreateField better updates when expressions are changed.
4. Changed: Renamed "Migrate Library" to "Change Media Location" and reworded the instructions accordingly.
5. NEW: Added a Library/DeleteField MCWS function.
6. Fixed: Tab controls didn't stretch to the right since we removed dead space to expand middle click.  Reverted the sizing but handle middle click another way.
7. Changed: IPTC/XMP "Category" and "Supplemental Categories" tags are mapped to "Image Category" and "Image Subcategory" custom fields (instead of "LR Category", and "Subcateories").
8. Changed: Multiple changes to Theater View movie file info template based on feedback (v2.2 of templates file).

32.0.17 (2/13/2024)

1. Fixed: HTML encoded characters (eg. """) in plain text subtitles are properly replaced by their respective characters.
2. Fixed: Removed some dead space to the right of the tabs so middle click works for a bigger area.
3. Changed: Showing the playing file always centers the playing file in Playing Now instead of showing a few files above and below.
4. Changed: Library/CreateField can update a field if it already exists.
5. Fixed: Importing Theater View file info templates with an older version would fail.
6. Fixed: Language choices made in DVD menus would get overriden by the default language selected in the MC settings.
7. NEW: Added a "Plain (no border)" cover art drawing mode.
8. Changed: Ctrl+T will toggle the zone but not toggle the layout of Playing Now (even though Ctrl is down).

32.0.16 (2/9/2024)

1. Changed: The flip state of Playing Now is saved between program restarts.
2. Changed: Updated our TIFF library to the latest (makes a crashing TIF somebody sent load).

32.0.15 (2/8/2024)

1. Changed: Made the new confirmation before installing an update an option (Options > General > Advanced > Confirm before installing an update on launch).

32.0.14 (2/8/2024)

1. Fixed: Spotlight images in Theater View file info panel were sometimes not drawing properly.
2. Changed: Loading views starts in the saved views folder under the library.
3. Changed: The import and export all templates Theater View tools start in the backup folder under the library (or just the library folder if the backup folder doesn't exist).
4. Changed: When you launch the program and an update is pending, it will ask if you want to install the update instead of just doing it (times out and cancels in 30 seconds for headless servers).
5. Changed: Added video definition icon to Theater View movie file info template (v2.1 of templates file).
6. NEW: Library wizard to help update the library after swapping Operating System or otherwise moving media files into a different location.
7. Changed: spotlight_list() values in file info templates are "hexified" to handle special characters.

32.0.13 (2/6/2024)

1. Changed: When a field is deleted, that column will no longer be loaded.
2. Changed: Allow user to specify high version number in Theater View file info template file so that it is never overwritten with defaults.
3. Changed: The after playback expression in Options opens an expression editor instead of just being an edit box.
4. Changed: An expression editor is shown for the Theater View option for playing now expression.
5. Fixed: Closing an empty tab could fail to work in some cases.
6. NEW: Middle-click on the close button will relaunch Media Center.
7. Changed: When toggling the list style of Playing Now, the playing file is shown.
8. Changed: Track Info uses the list background skin color instead of white when drawing cover art.
9. NEW: Double-click on the player text area goes in and out of mini view.
10. Changed: Audio Filename Rule is now simply Filename Rule for handhelds since the rule is used for other media types.
11. NEW: Added a FileExtension expression function.

32.0.12 (2/1/2024)

1. Changed: Use .xml extension for the Theater View file info template backups and put them in "Backup" folder.  Remove old Movie file info template.

32.0.11 (2/1/2024)

1. NEW: Added Options > General > Advanced > Split Playing Now vertically.
2. NEW: Holding CTRL while picking Playing Now opens the view split in the other direction than the setting.
3. NEW: Added a new field "Digital Source Type" for image media type and mapped it to the XMP DigitalSourceType tag.  Users can select from a controlled vocabulary list.
4. NEW: Added a new field editing type - PRESET_LIST, which only allows changing field value by selecting from a pre-set list of values.  Currently it is used only for "Digital Source Type" field.
5. NEW: Added new default Theater View file info panel template for movies that shows Spotlight data.  The current user templates are backed up and overwritten.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 32.0.18 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 05:22:48 am »

vertical padding is inconsistent between theaterview regular and extended items. Extended still renders empty space around the image (the grey dot)

DJLegba

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 06:31:51 am »

Version 32.0.6 is the last "stable" release. It froze attempting to run audio analysis on a 24/48 download. I updated to 32.0.18 and audio analysis completed successfully, so there must be a better choice than 32.0.6 for "stable".

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 03:13:03 am »

Many thanks for the subtitle fixes in this new version!

bwaldron

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 06:37:20 am »

I've encountered a new issue that apparently is related to a 32.0.13 change: "Changed: Audio Filename Rule is now simply Filename Rule for handhelds since the rule is used for other media types."

I had been using 32.0.8 and updated to 32.0.16 last week. Today, I took a look at my handheld device (a USB thumb drive) and found that many recently-synced files were showing in the root folder, rather than in the folders I assigned with my Audio Filename Rule for the handheld.

I looked at the device options, and found that Filename Rule was now blank. I re-entered my rule, but it doesn't stick (if I close and re-open the device options, it is blank again).

Updated to 32.0.18 and the problem persists.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024, 10:25:21 am »

I've encountered a new issue that apparently is related to a 32.0.13 change: "Changed: Audio Filename Rule is now simply Filename Rule for handhelds since the rule is used for other media types."

I had been using 32.0.8 and updated to 32.0.16 last week. Today, I took a look at my handheld device (a USB thumb drive) and found that many recently-synced files were showing in the root folder, rather than in the folders I assigned with my Audio Filename Rule for the handheld.

I looked at the device options, and found that Filename Rule was now blank. I re-entered my rule, but it doesn't stick (if I close and re-open the device options, it is blank again).

Updated to 32.0.18 and the problem persists.

Fixed next build.  Thanks for the report.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2024, 10:29:45 am »

I just noticed a small bug related to MMB tab close. 

When closing a tab via MMB while viewing it, by default MC returns to the last active tab (a good thing), but cycles whatever the prior file display was to the next display style in the cycle. 

For example, if the prior tab was Playing Now and it showed a detail list, upon closing the other tab while viewing it, when MC returns to Playing Now it will have cycled to thumbnail display. If the display was thumbnails prior, it will have cycled to tile view upon return.

If however, you are actively viewing Playing Now, and close another tab via MMB without activating it first, the Playing Now file display style remains unchanged. 

Hopefully that was clear.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2024, 10:47:09 am »

I just noticed a small bug related to MMB tab close. 

When closing a tab via MMB while viewing it, by default MC returns to the last active tab (a good thing), but cycles whatever the prior file display was to the next display style in the cycle. 

For example, if the prior tab was Playing Now and it showed a detail list, upon closing the other tab while viewing it, when MC returns to Playing Now it will have cycled to thumbnail display. If the display was thumbnails prior, it will have cycled to tile view upon return.

If however, you are actively viewing Playing Now, and close another tab via MMB without activating it first, the Playing Now file display style remains unchanged. 

Hopefully that was clear.

Thanks.  We'll fix that in build 20.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2024, 05:22:30 pm »

Yupanqui

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2024, 09:09:52 am »

I can't install MediaCenter320018-x64.exe.
Program says that install.exe has a problem and stops the installation. See screenshot

Windows 10
Intel Core Q9550
RAM 16 GB
Installation as admin stops too.
Installation as admin without firewall and antivirus stops too.
MC 31 is installed and registered at the PC

cecko91

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2024, 01:45:59 pm »

I can't install MediaCenter320018-x64.exe.
Program says that install.exe has a problem and stops the installation. See screenshot

Windows 10
Intel Core Q9550
RAM 16 GB
Installation as admin stops too.
Installation as admin without firewall and antivirus stops too.
MC 31 is installed and registered at the PC

The same thing happens to me...., please can someone help us, i've already tried to stop all firewall services and antivirus software..

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2024, 02:29:30 pm »

The same thing happens to me...., please can someone help us, i've already tried to stop all firewall services and antivirus software..

Try installing from Help - Update Channels in the program. If your Defender exclusions are set, that should do the update. At least it does for me.

Yupanqui

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2024, 05:34:40 pm »

@dtc
Please read - I can't install the program. 

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2024, 05:49:12 pm »

@dtc
Please read - I can't install the program.

Sorry, many people are having trouble downloading the new builds due to false positive virus issues, which is what I was referring to.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2024, 05:57:38 pm »

The 0xc000001d error should be fixed in an upcoming build. You might be able to install an older build in the meantime.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2024, 07:59:19 pm »

Sorry, many people are having trouble downloading the new builds due to false positive virus issues, which is what I was referring to.
It's purely a Microsoft problem.  We just have to wait.
Pages: [1]   Go Up