INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Pop Up Volume  (Read 453 times)

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck
Windows Pop Up Volume
« on: February 24, 2024, 06:50:10 am »

The windows 11 volume pop up indicator at the bottom center of screen is gone when MC32 is used.

The windows volume bar will pop up for all browsers and apps when using the keyboard volume up or down buttons but as soon as MC32 is opened the indicator is gone.

The volume setting on my MC32 is set to system volume.

Even when MC32 is minimized the windows on screen pop up volume indicator is gone.

The only solution is to close MC32 and then the volume indicator pop up appears again when the keyboard volume - and + are pushed.

It would be great if it still worked for MC32 as it does for every other app!

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Windows Pop Up Volume
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 07:58:31 am »

Windows volume pop up display works when keyboard volume - or volume + buttons are pushed and MC32 is CLOSED.
Windows volume pop up display doesn't work when keyboard volume - or volume + buttons are pushed and MC32 is OPEN.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 09:22:38 am »

I've never seen that volume indicator.

Try setting MC's volume to Internal.

Try turning off Exclusive Mode.

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 07:43:56 pm »

Tried both, no difference.

That volume indicator pops up when you push the volume buttons on the keyboard or if your speaker has volume controls that sync with the windows volume.

MC32 prevents the volume pop up from working. The buttons work but no pop up volume display.

If I close MC32 it works again.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 01:48:01 pm »

I have the same volume indicator on my Dell XPS laptop, think it's part of Windows 11.
And I see the same behaviour with MC, i.e. it stops the graphic appearing when MC is running.

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 07:47:56 pm »

Thanks for the support.

Yes that's the windows 11 pop up volume.

Every single windows 11 PC shows it when you adjust the volume from buttons on the keyboard or from volume buttons on a usb audio speaker that syncs with the PC's volume.

It pops up on every app and browser I've ever tried but somehow when MC is open it is hidden.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 03:06:07 am »

That's because MC captures the Media Keys to handle them depending on the configuration.
You can have MC ignore the volume keys by changing General > Advanced > Media Key Mode to "ignore volume".

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 08:39:16 am »

That's because MC captures the Media Keys to handle them depending on the configuration.
You can have MC ignore the volume keys by changing General > Advanced > Media Key Mode to "ignore volume".

You sir are awesome and correct!

I did what you said and the windows pop up volume now works!

Congratulations on your deep knowledge, because I would have never know about that setting but I do now, and so does anyone that reads this thread.

I have now set the MC32 volume to disabled for better sound quality.

I had it previously set to system so the keyboard buttons controlled it, but they now control the windows volume with pop up display.

So I get the best sound quality from MC32 with no internal volume and the windows volume pop up.

Many thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up