INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping DVD Sound track  (Read 549 times)

Zaro

• Recent member
Ripping DVD Sound track
« on: March 08, 2024, 11:12:45 am »

How do I strip the audio files from DVDs and saved individual FLAC files output to disk?

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Ripping DVD Sound track
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 01:41:21 pm »

i believe VLC will do that.  You can google other paid options.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 11:46:38 am »

DVD Audio Extractor is a paid software that will do what you want. I think has 1 week demo that will get you what you need.

I think MC will do what you want. I believe jmone has posted about it, if my memory serves me correctly. Make particles for each song, then convert. You should be able for search for this.

Zaro

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 12:10:58 pm »

Thanks for the pointer to DVD Audio Extractor, I'm visiting the web site for details.
Have sent message to jmone.

cheers.
Zaro

Zaro

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 01:43:18 pm »

Hi Badger and thanks for the pointer to VLC.
I downloaded/installed and I'm using VLC but I find it difficult navigating the application finding a simple solution, which I suspect it can do but it's a major effort getting clarification on proposed VLC syntax on extraction protocols -- as per one of the examples given for Extracting audio in FLAC format:

"c:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -I dummy --no-sout-video --sout-audio
--no-sout-rtp-sap --no-sout-standard-sap --ttl=1 --sout-keep
--sout "#transcode{acodec=flac}:std{mux=raw,dst=C:\User\Admin\Desktop\yourAudio.flac}"
Video.TS:///C:\User\Admin\Desktop\yourVideo.mp4\#0:01-3:38 vlc://quit

1. First issue: "c:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe"     I do not believe " quotes are permitted in Windows CMD.exe.
2. Next: C:\User\Admin\Desktop\yourAudio.flac -- I assume this refers to my source DVD, but why the yourAudio.flac ?
3. Next: C:\User\Admin\Desktop\yourVideo.mp4\#0:01-3:38 -- I assume this is pointing to my destination folder, but why
yourVideo.mp4, and why mp4 ? Shouldn't this be a flac extension, not mp4?

Just a few rhetorical questions, no need to respond unless you can offer a clarification.

Thanks again,
Zaro

Zaro

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2024, 02:17:44 pm »

syndromeofadown, Thanks again for the DVD Audio Extractor pointer.

I downloaded, installed and I'm running my first DVD Audio extraction, it's generating individual flac files (love it) all within a few minutes of getting the application up and running, could not have been more easier to use. 

I had tried MC29, but it seem to output one [continous] 2Gb flac file that I could not get MC to recognize or open.

Someone had referred me to VLC, which I also downloaded and ran but it's way to difficult for this retired computer guy to figure out the VLC syntax. DVD Audio Extractor saves the days.

cheers.
Zaro

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2024, 04:04:31 pm »

It is pretty straight forward to either rip just the Audio from an original disc, or if you already have it ripped then pull out the audio track as FLAC.

For example if you already have the extracted video in MC, Just, Right Click on it --> Library Tools --> Convert Format --> and in the "Convert Format" Dialogue Box check the "Convert Video to Audio".  Similar process with ripping or if it is stored as an ISO, mount it and when MC offers to rip it, you can select to just rip the Audio to Flac.

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2024, 04:07:16 pm »

Then there is this guide and breaking up a music video disc into individual tracks - https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles

Note: This would be easier if there was an option to create particles by chapter, but that feature (which requested) has not been implemented. 
JRiver CEO Elect

ferrarabrainpan

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2024, 04:54:25 pm »

How do I strip the audio files from DVDs and saved individual FLAC files output to disk?

I've been using DVD Audio Extractor to do that successfully for years with both DVD and DVD-Audio discs. It's pretty straightforward to use. Not sure if it codes files to FLAC, I select WAV output type and then convert to AIFF with dBpoweramp.
"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2024, 07:12:14 pm »

Note: This would be easier if there was an option to create particles by chapter, but that feature (which requested) has not been implemented.
OK.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2024, 10:30:17 am »

Coming in build 25 and later:
NEW: Added the ability to create particles from chapters in a video.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2024, 03:40:22 pm »

Can't wait to try!  That will be the last of the Swag of Tools features now in MC propper :)
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2024, 01:31:35 am »

I've been testing Matt's changes and it is working well (tested on music videos that are either one big MKV or Blu-ray discs). 

In most cases you can simply "Right Click --> Auto Create Capture Particles" and MC will add entries for each chapter as a "particle".  So no extra files just library entries with a playback range for each chapter.  You can now select all of these and do a format convert to get a FLAC (or whatever) audio track.

Nice and well done!  Love it.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up