INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please explain the various options for Shuffle Play in MC32  (Read 229 times)

ferrarabrainpan

• World Citizen
Please explain the various options for Shuffle Play in MC32
« on: March 09, 2024, 02:58:49 pm »

As I understand it, Shuffle On will play all the tracks in the Library View file list that is open in random order. What does Shuffle Automatic do? What is Reshuffle and Reshuffle Remaining? What is meant by "Remaining" and does it only pertain the the remaining unplayed tracks while playback is active (once playback is stopped, does it get reset to include all tracks in the file list?)

I created a playlist of all the PCM stereo files in my collection, for example (not wanting to include DSD or multichannel files which would cause automatic zone switching to stop playback). Suppose I want to shuffle all tracks in the playlist, and then after any number of tracks have played I choose to stop playback and close out the program. The next day I want to shuffle all the tracks that weren't played in the previous session, without replaying any of the tracks that were played the previous day. Does Reshuffle Remaining do that?

I wish there was a page in the JRiver wiki with detailed explanations for each different shuffle and repeat playback option, but I could not find such a page. Hence, I am asking here.

Loving MC32, and thanks in advance for your replies.  :)
"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Please explain the various options for Shuffle Play in MC32
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 07:13:18 pm »

Did you try the wiki?  Shuffle should be there.

ferrarabrainpan

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 09:26:11 pm »

Did you try the wiki?  Shuffle should be there.

Yes I searched the wiki and did not find info on Shuffle Automatic or Reshuffle Remaining.
"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 06:29:22 am »

"Shuffle Automatic" will not shuffle the tracks of an album if you send a whole album to playing now. If you send multiple albums to playing now, they all get shuffled.

"Shuffle Albums" puts all the albums into track order, and shuffles the albums, keeping the current album at the top of the list.

The next day I want to shuffle all the tracks that weren't played in the previous session, without replaying any of the tracks that were played the previous day. Does Reshuffle Remaining do that?
Yes :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up