INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to switch automatically bitstreaming when audio device is changed.  (Read 181 times)

furgiuele

• Recent member

HI.
I connected my HTPC with JRiver MC32 to the Trinnov A16 preamplifier/DAC via HDMI and to the Audio-gd R28 NOS preamplifier/DAC via USB.
When I use the Trinnov (for movies) I have to set HDMI bitrstreaming (to also play Dolby Atmos/DTS X), while to listen to music with the Audio-gd I use DSD bitstreaming, because I prefer DAC decoding.
Isn't it possible to set JRiver MC32 so that when you change the audio device, it automatically changes the bitstreaming from HDMI to DSD?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Take a look at Zones on the wiki.  Might help.

furgiuele

• Recent member

Thanks, I tried but I can't set a rule that makes the DSP/bitstreaming setting depend on the chosen device...
I invite programmers to correct this flaw, because it is normal for two devices to have different characteristics (and therefore accept different audio formats) and it is annoying to have to reset the output format every time.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Can't you set a rule based on media type given you are talking about movies and music? How are you changing the device now?

furgiuele

• Recent member

In fact, you don't need to set any rules!
I created two zones with different settings and now it works.
Previously only one player was set.
Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up