INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CloudPlay and MC 32 upgrade  (Read 276 times)

SoundYogi

• Recent member
CloudPlay and MC 32 upgrade
« on: March 09, 2024, 07:29:21 pm »

Hi Jim,

I use JRiver Media Center exclusively for audio. I reluctantly upgraded to MC 31 in May 2023 only because I wanted to have access to Cloudplay. That was one of your selling points and I think you mentioned somewhere on this forum that it would for 3 years or so... Since MC 31.0.87 lost the Cloudplay upload function I thought that MC 32 upgrade would be free for 31.0.87 license holders but when I try to upgrade my MC 31.0.87 license file is not valid for MC 32. If I pay again for another upgrade, how long will this upgrade be good for?
The reason for this post is that as of today my MC 31.0.87 will not even load the Cloudplay page. Is this an error on my computer or is it "by design" to encourage MC32 upgrade?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: CloudPlay and MC 32 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 09:10:46 pm »

Cloudplay upload was only a problem briefly. 

SoundYogi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 10:01:00 pm »

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand your answer. Are you saying that Cloudplay upload is now working in MC 31.0.87? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 06:33:41 am »

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand your answer. Are you saying that Cloudplay upload is now working in MC 31.0.87?
Yes.  It was broken for less than a week.

SoundYogi

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 03:00:05 pm »

I'm sorry, my misunderstanding was based on your January12th posting in which you said: "We know what this problem is, and it's fixed now in MC32. We won't fix it in MC31". Well, I am glad to hear the problem was fixed and that Cloudplay upload is back in MC31.0.87. I'd like to try it but I can't access Cloudplay page. Nothing happens when I click on Cloudplay. I noticed this problem yesterday and I can't figure out what's causing it. I reinstalled the program a couple of times but it didn't help. I have MC31.0.87 on 2 Dell workstations (laptop and desktop) and I have this issue on both. This morning the MC on my laptop loaded the Cloudplay page after 15-20 minutes of waiting but I still couldn't use it because MC became completely unresponsive. I've just tried to run the MC on my desktop again and it did load the Cloudpage after about 20 minute wait but when I tried again I got Proxy Error message: "the proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. The proxy server could not handle the request. Reason: Error reading from remote server".
I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up