INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade Problem  (Read 239 times)

KaviteR

Upgrade Problem
« on: March 10, 2024, 12:21:23 pm »

Hi,

I have JRiver for a very long time and was very happy with it. Ran 28 on Windows 2016 server machine connected to my DAC via USB and use JRemote to control it and listen to my music files stored on Synology server using DLNA. Had no any issues. Unfortunately HDD with Windows system failed, got new HDD installed Windows Server and JRiver 32 and nothing works. First of all JRiver do not autostart despite proper settings in options. But what's worse it does not work with my Synology DLNA server on which I store my music (ripped CDs and some HiRes files I've bought). I can set it as my library:

But get error message after restart:

that says that "there was an error while downloading files from this DLNA server". Server works fine on every other device in my house.

I've mapped my music folder on NAS as remote drive and build library on it, it does work but it is very clunky and there is no "Browse by Folder" option in JRemote. I've add "File" option in setting but it more or less doesn't work

Before I had default "Browse by folder" option that worked great, like in VLC on Ipad for example:

Please help, don't know what to do, what is most important for me is to make DLNA work with "browse by folder" option.

Best regards from Poland

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Please help, new instalation of 32 nothing works.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 02:29:17 pm »

Don't use DLNA.  Just import the files directly from the NAS.  See the Import topic on the wiki.

KaviteR

Re: Upgrade Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 04:49:40 pm »

THX for reply. It did work fine for years, now with this new version it doesn't work at all. I did what you advised, mapped the SMB share and added music folder to library. But this also does not work well, it slow and clunky, there is no "Browse by folder" function which is absolutely essential, and after you add new album it takes many hours before library refreshes and you can listen to it.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 06:45:25 pm »

I'm not sure what you're doing.  In MC, turn off Media Network.  Just import the media files from your NAS.

You can browse by directory in MC under Drives & Devices > Explorer.

KaviteR

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 03:06:28 am »

I precisely described my issues. Previous version worked without any issues. I already wrote that did imported files from NAS and this is very clunky (works slow). The program won't autostart that is second big issue. I run it on PC with no GUI or monitor attached, so do not have access to Explorer in JRiver GUI. Use JRemote on Ipad to control it. There is no option to browse by folders that was default before. I did configure File browsing in Customize views for JRemote, this does nothing.

KaviteR

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 03:54:50 pm »

As the app doesn't work at all, did anyone successfully get refund for it ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 05:47:20 pm »

Your problem is configuration and you have a lot of complexity.  Simplify.

Eliminate the "headless" aspect until things are working.

Same for DLNA.  You're trying to use the NAS as a DLNA server.  That's slow, depends on the quality of the DLNA server on the NAS, and not necessary.  Import the files into MC directly.  Just point import at your NAS.

Once that's going, take one issue at a time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up