INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver's Internet is Back  (Read 467 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver's Internet is Back
« on: March 11, 2024, 03:21:19 pm »

We had a few servers offline for the last couple of days.  A cable running from our building to the other side of the street was broken by a passing vehicle. 

The outage affected distribution of some files, cover art, and other metadata.

Everything should be working now.  Comcast did a great job.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver's Internet is Back
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 09:30:10 pm »

Is there a list of features/functions that don't work when your servers are down?

Curious as I thought outside of your other services, Media Center and most of what I would call its base functions (audio/video/library management) would all continue to work.

why for example would cover art, metadata not work?  don't they come from other 3rd party services such as TMDB, or do they go to your servers as some kind of proxy in between?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 06:43:34 am »

Is there a list of features/functions that don't work when your servers are down?
No list.  There are multiple machines and, on each, multiple software servers.  We also have software in multiple locations.

It's not possible to generalize. 

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 02:35:40 pm »

Curious as I thought outside of your other services, Media Center and most of what I would call its base functions (audio/video/library management) would all continue to work.

why for example would cover art, metadata not work?  don't they come from other 3rd party services such as TMDB, or do they go to your servers as some kind of proxy in between?

Music/CD cover art and metadata are looked up from a JRiver DB called YADB, which is one of the things that wasn't working (or at least wasn't working for me!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up