INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Defender Problems  (Read 212 times)

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Windows Defender Problems
« on: March 14, 2024, 01:44:21 pm »

After grabbing the latest updates for my Windows 10 laptop, Windows Defender still is flagging a problem with the 64-bit executable for 32.0.25.  Please see the attached image (a screenshot from Defender's history).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Windows Defender Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 03:03:09 pm »

After grabbing the latest updates for my Windows 10 laptop, Windows Defender still is flagging a problem with the 64-bit executable for 32.0.25.  Please see the attached image (a screenshot from Defender's history).
Did you update Windows Defender?

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 03:15:04 pm »

Did you update Windows Defender?

Yes, as noted in my message.

I saw the warning occur earlier (with the .exe for the 64-bit version whisked away) and ran Windows Update.  It grabbed both a security update and the latest cumulative update for Windows 10.  Checking update again afterwards, nothing else appeared to be available.

I then tried downloading the 64-bit .exe again.  The screenshot is from after that latest download got whisked away.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 03:19:30 pm »

Odd. Repeating the actions again, now Defender is not whining.

I swear my last experiment was after a full reboot (for installation of the updates).  Perhaps the updated security definitions took additional time to install?

EDIT: Added emphasis.  Also, running an explicitly-triggered scan against the .exe file now, nothing gets flagged.

furgiuele

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 04:51:20 pm »

Update 025 is detected as trojan malware by Windows, I had to force download to install it. I recommend solving...

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 05:34:15 pm »

I don't care if this gets fixed because I'm used to ignoring Windows security alerts but I will say I install a lot of software on a regular basis and JRiver generates the most warnings.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 05:35:54 pm »

I don't care if this gets fixed because I'm used to ignoring Windows security alerts but I will say I install a lot of software on a regular basis and JRiver generates the most warnings.
That's something only Microsoft could "fix".  We changed our digital certificate a few weeks ago, at the same time that we introduced MC32.  Defender didn't like it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up