INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Database [Library] opens in read-only (and then is empty of all content)  (Read 180 times)

FrankP1953

• Recent member

In recent days, MC32 for Windows keeps losing track of my library and often crashes. When I try to reopen MC32 to my current library, before MC opens I see the message "This database will be opened in read-only mode. Any changes will be lost when the program exits". If I proceed, the library is empty of all my audio content (stored on a USB harddrive).

I rebuild the library (lengthy process), backup the library, play music for an hour or a few, and then the same thing happens again. If I try to restore from the backup library, restore succeeds, program restarts, and the same "read-only" message appears.

Help!!! And thanks in advance.

Frank

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Configure Windows Defender.

FrankP1953

• Recent member

Thanks JimH, I don't use Windows Defender. I've got Norton 360. (Which, BTW, finds a virus in the latest not-yet-stable update of MC32.)

If Norton 360 is the source of the problem, how should it be configured to prevent this behavior?

Thanks,

F

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Thanks JimH, I don't use Windows Defender. I've got Norton 360. (Which, BTW, finds a virus in the latest not-yet-stable update of MC32.)

If Norton 360 is the source of the problem, how should it be configured to prevent this behavior?

Thanks,

F
That is a question for Norton, but uninstalling it will tell you if it's Norton.
Pages: [1]   Go Up