INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: change default player to remote  (Read 193 times)

Hebaton

• Recent member
change default player to remote
« on: March 22, 2024, 02:24:29 pm »

Trying to figure if I can set the default player as a remote device on the lan. Ex: set to home theater player.
Want to do this so I can see the progress and interact with file playing, skipping forwrd etc.
If I chose to send to my HT the main screen shows nothing...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: change default player to remote
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 02:34:27 pm »

Tremote (on the wiki) lets you use one computer to control another.

Also see (on the wiki) topics on Remotes and Media Network.

Hebaton

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 05:33:45 pm »

NOt finding what I want there...

Let me explain: I have J Rriver running on a computer. There is no "local player"
I can of course, send files to any network device, but then I have no visual of the progression , or any means to forward, skip, pause etc...
Is there any way I can nake a remote system/device be the default player so that all those inducations show up when I click on "player " ?

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 06:07:46 pm »

I can of course, send files to any network device, but then I have no visual of the progression , or any means to forward, skip, pause etc...
On the server PC, you have two ways to see and control a remote renderer:

1) Left Click on the renderer itself under Playing Now.  That opens a view tab which displays the renderer's playlist and gives you full control over it.  Select music from other tabs and it should be added to renderer's playlist here.  This should be essentially the same as Player for a local renderer - you can even display lyrics, etc.  (You may run into a recent issue where the album cover art sometimes does not show up.)

2) Click on Overview under Playing Now.  That opens a view tab showing playlists for all remote renderers visible on the network.  Select one and add music selected from library views.  Right mouse button click on any track for a long menu of controls.  You can even drag and drop tracks between remotes, etc.

The usual Player Controls in upper left corner of the MC window also work for a remote when its tab is selected.

These work well for my audio files.  Do they not work when sending stuff (?) to your HT?
Pages: [1]   Go Up