INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem When Switching to a Custom Font  (Read 249 times)

oct02

• Recent member
Problem When Switching to a Custom Font
« on: April 03, 2024, 04:14:37 pm »

Hi. I migrated my JRiver 32 library from Mac to Windows and everything seemed to go fine for a few days until I changed the font to a custom one. Then there was a problem moving the JRiver window from one monitor to another and JRiver started to manifest response problems when I opened a tab or tried to update the library or do any operation.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall and got a worse result. JRiver would get stuck asking to download the Chrome engine and it was not easy to tell it to use Microsoft Edge. I decided to do a complete uninstall, uninstall also the version 31 that was on my PC and run an installation debris cleaner so that it would delete all the JRiver folders and traces.

So now it seems to go fine, but not as well as the early days until I switched to a custom font. When I switch tabs sometimes a window pops up saying it is updating information and it takes a few seconds until it shows the albums.

It is also impossible to reinstall Sound Spectrum plugins again. I uninstall G-Force or Whitecap, reinstall and the JRiver checkboxes are disabled, as if those plugins are already installed on the system.

I don't know what to do to get a complete fresh install of JRiver and I don't want to reinstall Windows. I appreciate help giving me the correct instructions. Best regards.   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem When Switching to a Custom Font
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 04:24:51 pm »

Did you configure Windows Defender?

oct02

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 04:38:28 pm »

Yes through Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control. But when I first encountered the problem I searched the forum and saw that it was advised to install with the firewall disabled so I tried again. Anyway at no time did a window appear with JRiver requesting Internet access. The rules for JRiver and the installers were already created before.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 05:24:21 pm »

We don't recommend disabling a firewall, but try uninstalling malwarebytes.  It's caused problems in the past.  Search for "malwarebytes" here:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,86096.50.html

We recommend using only Windows Defender, but it must be configured.

oct02

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 05:31:56 pm »

Thank you for response. It is not Malwarebytes but an interface called Windows Firewall Control that Malwarebytes has purchased and that only serves to manage the Internet access request of the applications: https://www.binisoft.org/wfc

How could I completely uninstall to do a total fresh install? Where is a list of folders and registry entries that I need to delete? I have tried everything and I also have the problem with Sound Spectrum that their visualization plugins are still installed in JRiver.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 05:34:37 pm »

Thank you for response. It is not Malwarebytes but an interface called Windows Firewall Control that Malwarebytes has purchased and that only serves to manage the Internet access request of the applications: https://www.binisoft.org/wfc

How could I completely uninstall to do a total fresh install? Where is a list of folders and registry entries that I need to delete? I have tried everything and I also have the problem with Sound Spectrum that their visualization plugins are still installed in JRiver.
You need to uninstall malwarebytes and anything it has installed.  It's the only way to know if it's the cause of your problems.

oct02

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2024, 04:09:58 pm »

Thank you. And now how can I do to perform a complete fresh install? What is the list of folders and registry entries that I have to delete to start from scratch?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2024, 04:46:10 pm »

It won't help.  Your problems aren't caused by a bad installation.  Did you look at the antivirus thread?

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,86096.50.html

Soundspectrum may not run on newer versions of MC.

oct02

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2024, 05:21:55 pm »

The SoundSpectrum visualizers and everything in JRiver worked perfectly until the program exploded after changing the font.

I do not use antivirus. Only firewall. It is a computer dedicated to simply listen to music.

I would just like to know how I can completely delete JRiver and do an installation from scratch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up