INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I buy JRiver MC 32?  (Read 589 times)

zustang

Should I buy JRiver MC 32?
« on: April 06, 2024, 12:59:55 am »

Hi all,

It's years that I've been trying to find the best music library player/manager for my personal library folder.
It always looks like JRiver is a great player/library manager, but always seems seems to be outdated when it comes to the ecosystem with Android app.
Also, for $69, I'm considering other players and I can't really tell for how long this purchase will hold until I have to pay again...

The trial version really helped, but I'm still wondering if the price is worth it.

Please help.

Graham849

• Recent member

I think so. See this thread for mine and others reflections : https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,96468.0.html

Good luck with your choice!

Graham849

• Recent member

If you don't want to read all 9 pages, page 8 will suffice:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,96468.350.html

slerch666

• World Citizen
Re: Should I buy JRiver MC 32?
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 08:43:45 am »

Hi all,

It's years that I've been trying to find the best music library player/manager for my personal library folder.
It always looks like JRiver is a great player/library manager, but always seems seems to be outdated when it comes to the ecosystem with Android app.
Also, for $69, I'm considering other players and I can't really tell for how long this purchase will hold until I have to pay again...

The trial version really helped, but I'm still wondering if the price is worth it.

Please help.
Android is still a spotty thing IMO for JRiver.
MC Android "works'" but just working is a really low bar.
Streaming from a working library (Windows PC in my case) to a device with the Android JRiver Remote2 works really well, however.

If you want to use MC for video, make sure you are using a PC connected to your TV for the best support.
As are clients if you want to stream video to Roku or similar "smart" TV platforms, don't. There are no applications, other than MC for Android TV and that app leaves a lot to be desired and seems to be only barely supported.

If you want the best audio renderer and amazing library management for Audio, then MC is well worth the price.

As far as upgrades to the application, your old versions never stop working. So if you pay $69 today, it will work into infitinty (assuming OS support doesn't break something in an old version).
And if you buy today, and don't want to buy the upgrade which is usually $30 or so dollars, you can come back and get the upgrade price even if your version is 5 or more versions old so you won't have to pay full price again.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 08:48:11 am »

Android is still a spotty thing IMO for JRiver.
MC Android "works'" but just working is a really low bar.
Steve,
Could you start a thread and expand on why you say that?  We've fixed some things in the last year.

slerch666

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 11:26:14 am »

Steve,
Could you start a thread and expand on why you say that?  We've fixed some things in the last year.
Hey Jim!

Let me fire up the latest version and I will put something together. I haven't actively used MC Android in at least 6 months as I just use the Remote2 app for my needs for now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2024, 12:06:30 pm »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up