INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Default display for ‘Playing Now’  (Read 425 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Default display for ‘Playing Now’
« on: April 24, 2024, 05:01:58 pm »

If I right-click on a video file and choose tp ‘play’, it will default to my tv, which is configured as my 2nd monitor (HDMI). However, if I add the video file to ‘playing now’ to play later (e.g., along with other videos), clicking on the play button instead defaults to the primary monitor (i.E., MC’s standard display), and I have to manually pit MC into display view.

With the previous version of MC the behaviour was similar, but I somehow got it to stick defaulting to MC’s display view. With this version I don’t seem to be holding my mouth right.

I also remember earlier versions that allowed me to designate the 2nd monitor for video playback, but I haven’t been able to find that option for making it a preference (?)

Please advise… tia…
MC v.31.0.87, Windows 10
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

shAf

Re: Default display for ‘Playing Now’
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2024, 09:54:36 am »

Anyone have a clue?

I had thought I had a remedy in saving videos to a playlist, but while it worked for a while it quit working and instead defaulted to my primary monitor.

Like I said above, MC’s option used to allow me to designate which monitor for viewing videos, but I have a feeling the option was moved, and I’m not able to find it… or, maybe this has been fixed in newer versions, MC32 or MC33(?)

Please advise…

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2024, 10:18:33 am »

Each zone can be configured for video separately.

shAf

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2024, 11:05:12 am »

Each zone can be configured for video separately.

Thanks again Jim…

I could find no way to configure my “video” zone’s video playback options with the 2ndary monitor, but the 2ndary monitor is my smart Tv (HDMI), and it does show up in the list of zones. Do I ‘link’ my “video” zone with my “smart Tv” zone?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

shAf

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2024, 04:54:46 pm »

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

Why am I looking for a zone solution in the 1st place? I’ve never needed it as a zone solution in past versions, and all that is required now is to ‘detach the display’. The problem with this particular version is that will not default to a detached display… nor has it been made easy enough to do with the remote.

If this behaviour is different in subsequent versions, let me know—I’ll upgrade…
Pages: [1]   Go Up