INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video capture performance  (Read 796 times)

jimclark

• Junior Woodchuck
  • 2B or not 2B == FF
Video capture performance
« on: February 07, 2003, 09:15:42 am »

I tried for the first time to use MC's TV capture. Up to now I have used Intervideo's WinDVR with fairly good results. I have found that MC'c capture cannot seem to keep up, over half of the frames are dropped, CPU utilization is pegged, while it only requires about 70-80%  with WinDVR.  My system is a PIII 750 with 512M. Is it just too wimpy for MC?
Jim <><

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video capture performance
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 09:25:25 am »

Right click on the TV display screen and go to TV options.  Try a lower resolution or uncompressed.

jimclark

• Junior Woodchuck
  • 2B or not 2B == FF
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 09:29:01 am »

Tried uncompressed, not much difference. Is MC always running in time-delay  (IE: capture and decode simultaneously) ?
Jim <><

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 10:17:27 am »

I tried for the first time to use MC's TV capture. Up to now I have used Intervideo's WinDVR with fairly good results. I have found that MC'c capture cannot seem to keep up, over half of the frames are dropped, CPU utilization is pegged, while it only requires about 70-80%  with WinDVR.  My system is a PIII 750 with 512M. Is it just too wimpy for MC?

I noticed the same thing with my AIW. Although uncompressed seemed to work a lot better for me no frames dropped, but huge files. I just use the software that comes with the AIW for recording and timeshifting and media center for the rest. I can record at a much hire resolution with the AIW software than I can with media center. I hope that changes soon, I like media center better for everything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up