INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can you help me to sort same album different coders in playing now -> player?  (Read 453 times)

drugo

• Recent member

hi
I have ripped the same album in flac , aac and mp3 (honestly more than 1 album , ( i have several albums in flac , mp3 and aac)

the files of the album are in different folders , for example \music\arist\album flac\  and inside the songs of the album

when i send multiple albums to player , i have the in the player a weird sort order

for example
1.song a (flac)
2.song a (mp3)
3. song b (flac)
3 song b( mp3)
and son on

I would like to group by folder or encoder to  have
1 song a (flac)
2 song b (flac)
3 song a (mp3)
4 song b (mp3)

I have tried this sort order -screenshot - I would like to group albums sort by track number 1 ,2 ,3 and so on
but in case of i have the same album in different format like flac ,mp3 , well i would like to group by flac and mp3
to have all the track 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 and so on of the flac album and after the mp3 album

is there a way to sort and group the list of songs in playing now -> player by encoder or folders ?

thanks in advance , sorry for my poor english

ps before posting i have searched but i have not found group in the playing now -> player
i have found these , i add these links just to show i have searched
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=110614.0
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,68960.0.html
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=127754.0

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Try moving "Audio Codec" to the top on the sort order and Track# to the bottom.
Filename (Path) probably needs to be removed too.

drugo

• Recent member

Try moving "Audio Codec" to the top on the sort order and Track# to the bottom.
Filename (Path) probably needs to be removed too.
Hi
i have done , i have set audio codec the path on top ,but it doesn't group the albums
it 's the same album ripped in flac , mp3 and aac
might you please give a test?
thanks

zybex

• MC Beta Team

Try
Audio Codec > Artist Album (Auto) >  Year > Album > Track#

Or if you want the duplicate albums together:
Artist Album (Auto) >  Year > Album > Audio Codec > Track#

drugo

• Recent member

Try
Audio Codec > Artist Album (Auto) >  Year > Album > Track#

Or if you want the duplicate albums together:
Artist Album (Auto) >  Year > Album > Audio Codec > Track#
hi
it doesn't work
I have tested on only 1 album in 2 formats , flac and mp3 , just to make it more easy
and it does not separete the albums
but maybe jriver media center 32 can't group the albums by folders or codecs
but may i ask you have you tested?
thanks

zybex

• MC Beta Team

MC can sort by whatever order you like, as long as you have the correct data in the tags.
Try using [File Type] instead of [Audio Codec]. The Audio Codec seems to be a custom field added by you, so it may not have the correct info.

If it still doesn't work, perhaps we're talking about different things. Where/what exactly are you trying to sort? Generally speaking, you can sort Views and Playlists. You can try out different sorting orders simply by clicking on the Column Headers of your file list. The order of the clicked columns determines the final sort order.

lepa

• MC Beta Team

Group or sort? Grouping is different than sort. Do you want to group e.g. by [album artist] - [album] [File Type] so that your mp3 and flac files of the same album are grouped separately

If that is the case you can create new calculated library field with rule [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album] /[[File Type]/] and use that to group your files

drugo

• Recent member

Group or sort? Grouping is different than sort. Do you want to group e.g. by [album artist] - [album] [File Type] so that your mp3 and flac files of the same album are grouped separately

If that is the case you can create new calculated library field with rule [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album] /[[File Type]/] and use that to group your files
If it still doesn't work, perhaps we're talking about different things. Where/what exactly are you trying to sort? Generally speaking, you can sort Views and Playlists. You can try out different sorting orders simply by clicking on the Column Headers of your file list. The order of the clicked columns determines the final sort order.
Hi zybex and lepa
Do you want to group e.g. by [album artist] - [album] [File Type] so that your mp3 and flac files of the same album are grouped separately
I would like to have in the playing now-> player --> ablums grouped separately sorted by folder or/and codec
so i can listen an entire album in flac and after the same album  in mp3
can I group or sort albums in the playing now ->player
thanks ,very kind , again sorry for my poor english

zybex

• MC Beta Team

The files in 'Playing Now' will play in the order they were added, which is NOT necessarily the same order that you're viewing the list. The play order is the one shown in the SEQ column (sequence).
When you click the columns to change the sort order the list changes, but SEQ does not change. There is however a menu item that allows you to apply the new order to SEQ.

You have 2 options:

Option A. Add the albums/files to Playing Now in the order you want them. They will play in that order. You can customize Playlists and Views to always have to sort order you like, so that playing an Album from there will always add the files in your preferred order.

Option B. Add Albums/files in any order, then click on the Column Headers to sort as you would like it to play, then select 'Update Order' from the menu, as shown below. I added both albums, then clicked on the columns to sort (in REVERSE Order - Track# > FileType > Album > Artist). Then click on Update Order to apply the new Sequence.

drugo

• Recent member

Option B. Add Albums/files in any order, then click on the Column Headers to sort as you would like it to play, then select 'Update Order' from the menu, as shown below. I added both albums, then clicked on the columns to sort (in REVERSE Order - Track# > FileType > Album > Artist). Then click on Update Order to apply the new Sequence.
Hi Zybex
but have i always to click to sort and after update order ?
I have removed the SEQ column ,should I enable it
may I ask you a question about?
sort (in REVERSE Order - Track# > FileType > Album > Artist)
in reverse oder all of them "Track# > FileType > Album > Artist" or just track?
maybe a screenshot about sort ?
I guess i can save a preset
really appreciate your help
thanks Zybex

zybex

• MC Beta Team

Drugo,

The previous email answers those questions, please read/translate it carefully.

The screenshot on the previous post shows the sort order, notice the small numbers (1,2,3,4) next to each column. Those show up when you click on them - first on Track#, then on FileType, then Album, ten Artist - the numbers will change as you click on the columns.

Yes, you should keep the SEQ column as that shows you the actual play order, which can be different from the listed order.

To avoid having to sort every time, you should use Playlists and Views.

drugo

• Recent member

Drugo,

The screenshot on the previous post shows the sort order, notice the small numbers (1,2,3,4) next to each column. Those show up when you click on them - first on Track#, then on FileType, then Album, ten Artist - the numbers will change as you click on the columns.

Yes, you should keep the SEQ column as that shows you the actual play order, which can be different from the listed order.

hi
can i save the preset like your screenshot and set as default ?
but @lepa was talking about group too

in this case , i can group a playlist or smartplaylist and if i send albums from these playlist/smart , will i have separated albums too ?
by the way ,it's very powerful jriver
there is even (in the screenshot)  multiple horizontal columns like  itunes , but i don't know how
i'm reading here https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/View_Schemes
thanks Zybex

lepa

• MC Beta Team

You can use grouping only in views. Playing now and other playlist you can only sort. So your options there is like zybex described

drugo

• Recent member

Drugo,

Hi Zybex
i did exactly like your screenshot  and it's perfect ,now it pretty good
may i ask you could I save it as a preset?
i want to thank you , very kind  and i want to thanks lepa

is there to reset the default green audio item in the screenshot ?

zybex

• MC Beta Team

You can't save the 'Playing Now' view as a preset, but you can (and should) use Audio Views (like in your screenshot, under 'Audio'). The sort/group/view settings are preserved there and you can have multiple Views. Then when adding tracks or albums to Playing Now from those views, the order is preserved.

is there to reset the default green audio item in the screenshot ?
You can right-click on a View item and select Delete.
To re-create the original View items, right-click on Audio and select Add Library View - the original ones are there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up