INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 32 for MacOS does not recognize mobile devices  (Read 236 times)

jhoffmann-ka

• Recent member
MC 32 for MacOS does not recognize mobile devices
« on: May 05, 2024, 11:53:33 am »

Hello everyone,

Crosspost from German subforum..

I switched from Windows 10 to MacOS and reactivated my MC installation (after not using it on W10 for a long time).

I use MC32 exclusively for music management of my files on the NAS, I listen to music via my Marantz DAC which is fed with the files from the NAS by a Raspberry with MoodeAudio.
Recently I also need my music on my cell phone. I use special playlists for my workout, which are compiled according to BPM. So far I've used Apple Music, but I think the program is not suitable for this.

My problem: MC (and MacOS) doesn't recognize my phones!

While MacOS at least recognizes my iPhone SE, it completely stops working with Android.
MC recognizes neither the SE nor the Android phones (Samsung A5/S23/S24).

So of course I can't move any playlists to the cell phones.
I read in the forum that many users' phones are recognized without any problems.

Am I missing something? Does anyone have any ideas for a solution?

Thanks and best regards
Juergen

Edit May, 5th 9:24 pm:
Pocketbook e-reader is recognized immediatly, sync of Audiobook works like a charme

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 32 for MacOS does not recognize mobile devices
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 12:40:12 pm »

Have you tried JRemote?
It's on the iOS/iPadOS and Android (I think) app stores
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.45 64 bit): 2788
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.44 64 bit): 3706
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.5 | JRMark (32.0.44 64 bit): 9135
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.45 64 bit): 1260
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

jhoffmann-ka

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 02:16:57 pm »

Have you tried JRemote?

No I haven't.
I don't think that would suit my workflow either:
- Choose songs with a specific BPM, e.g. between 110 and 115 BPM
- Create playlist
- Sync playlist to cell phone
- Have fun in the gym :-)

I Won't do that on my device!
But I'll have a look JRemote.

regards
Juergen

HaWi

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2024, 10:11:35 am »

Hey Jürgen,
I like your idea with the beat range playlist. I might try that for running.
With JRemote on your phone you could skip the sync part and stream your playlist directly from your Media PC, or from wherever MC is running. You'd need a decent cell signal, though.
Should JRemote not be a solution for you, you could just import the audio files from your playlist into Apple Music and play them from there on your phone, although that doesn't sound like an elegant way.
Good luck!
Hans
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.45 64 bit): 2788
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.44 64 bit): 3706
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.5 | JRMark (32.0.44 64 bit): 9135
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.45 64 bit): 1260
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 01:13:30 pm »

Hey Jürgen,
I like your idea with the beat range playlist. I might try that for running.
With JRemote on your phone you could skip the sync part and stream your playlist directly from your Media PC, or from wherever MC is running. You'd need a decent cell signal, though.
Should JRemote not be a solution for you, you could just import the audio files from your playlist into Apple Music and play them from there on your phone, although that doesn't sound like an elegant way.
Good luck!
Hans
The second is pretty much what I do to my iDevices.
For android devices, if they have removable storage you can put that into a USB reader and have MC manage it as a manual handheld device.

jhoffmann-ka

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 09:47:23 am »

How is this possible? I'm miles away from home when I'm in the gym or in the nearby woods for walking. In the gym I don't have any cell signal cause of the special treatment of the Windows (they are vaporized).

My company gave me a 2019 MacBookPro 16" with Intel i7 and tons of RAM for private use. I installed Bootcamp, my old licence of W10, did all the updates, installed MC29, imported my ripped CDs (took 1 day) from my Synology, plugged in my S24 and guess what: everything worked fine. I can manage my playlists and sync and export my files. Had some issues when the phone turns off the screen but Developer Options  (forced always on) worked fine.
Will try this on my "new" i7 Mac with MacOS and my working MBP with M1Pro. I'll keep you posted.

This is what I expected with MC32 for MacOS. Im extremely dissapointed, that my MC32 on my (private) M1 Mac doesn't work like MC4W10. Even when MacOS recognises my SE, MC32 doesn't. Both are stock systems, no company crap on it.

Regards from germany
Juergen

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2024, 09:51:59 am »

What is MC4W10?

jhoffmann-ka

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2024, 12:58:10 pm »

What is MC4W10?

Sorry for that...
MediaCenter for Windows(10)

Regards

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2024, 08:18:50 am »

How is this possible? I'm miles away from home when I'm in the gym or in the nearby woods for walking. In the gym I don't have any cell signal cause of the special treatment of the Windows (they are vaporized).

My company gave me a 2019 MacBookPro 16" with Intel i7 and tons of RAM for private use. I installed Bootcamp, my old licence of W10, did all the updates, installed MC29, imported my ripped CDs (took 1 day) from my Synology, plugged in my S24 and guess what: everything worked fine. I can manage my playlists and sync and export my files. Had some issues when the phone turns off the screen but Developer Options  (forced always on) worked fine.
Will try this on my "new" i7 Mac with MacOS and my working MBP with M1Pro. I'll keep you posted.

This is what I expected with MC32 for MacOS. Im extremely dissapointed, that my MC32 on my (private) M1 Mac doesn't work like MC4W10. Even when MacOS recognises my SE, MC32 doesn't. Both are stock systems, no company crap on it.

Regards from germany
Juergen
That's because windows has a driver for your Android phone that has a windows API that MC can use. You still can't do anything with MC and any iPhone on windows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up