INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configuring Theatre View  (Read 858 times)

haggis999

• Citizen of the Universe
Configuring Theatre View
« on: May 26, 2024, 07:26:44 am »

I normally play my videos on our television via MC, using a detached display and JRemote. This works fine but means that I am the only person who sees the full list of videos. I would now like to have the option to let visitors or other family members see what videos are available. Displaying Theatre View on the television appears to be the best way to do that.

This has prompted me to take my first ever look at how to configure Theatre View. I've reviewed the settings under Tools > Options, found the Theatre View wiki, and looked at several useful threads in this forum, but am struggling to find where to modify the appearance of the three areas in the attached screen shot. It doesn't help that I don't know what these areas are called!

Some basic guidance would be much appreciated.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
Re: Configuring Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 09:15:32 am »

Area #1 is found under Tools > Options > Theater View > Items to show. Note that some items cannot be moved or removed as they are "baked in".

Areas #2 and #3 are highly customizable, see:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,138052.0.html
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

haggis999

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2024, 12:05:29 pm »

Area #1 is found under Tools > Options > Theater View > Items to show. Note that some items cannot be moved or removed as they are "baked in".

At first I couldn't see anything called "Items to show" under Theatre View (and entering that text in the search bar at the bottom of the Options screen produced no results). I had been expecting it to appear in the normal options-related upper section of the screen, but eventually my eyes were drawn to the lower section where I found the "Items to show" heading, which let me control the content of Area #1. 

I then realised that I could control what text appears in Area #3 using Customize file info panel... and editing the Movie entry (I had previously experimented with editing the Video entry, which generated no visible results). How to alter the font size still eludes me, as all the font options are hard coded as 12 point.

Areas #2 and #3 are highly customizable, see:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,138052.0.html

I'd already found that thread but I don't know what to look for. What is the correct name for Area #2?

EDIT:  I got confused with my area numbers in the first version of this post. It has now been corrected.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2024, 08:53:24 am »

If you are using the "new" templates, you can set most of the font sizes in the "Variables" sections at the top of Customize file info panel...
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

haggis999

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2024, 11:01:54 am »

If you are using the "new" templates, you can set most of the font sizes in the "Variables" sections at the top of Customize file info panel...

I don't see a variables section, so I guess I must be using the 'old' templates. How do I switch to the new ones?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2024, 11:03:36 am »

Download and install the latest build of MC32.

haggis999

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2024, 11:07:28 am »

Download and install the latest build of MC32.

I updated MC a few days ago and am already using 32.0.47, which I understand to be the latest version.

haggis999

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2024, 04:16:44 pm »

I found that Options > Theatre View > Appearance > File info panel templates was set to 'Theatre view file info templates (pre-MC32)'. I have now set that to 'Default' which I guess means I have now switched to the new templates.

However, when I open Customise file info panel... I still can't see any reference to variables.

EDIT:  I've now found that only 2 of the templates, Movie and TV Show (neither of which I use), contain VARIABLES. Why are they are missing from the other 8 templates?

haggis999

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2024, 04:48:21 pm »

Until I find a better way to control font sizes in Theatre View, I've got closer to what I want by reducing the percentage value in Options > Theatre View > Appearance > Size.

On another topic related to Theatre View, I note that it is not affected by the Detached Display setting. The only way I have found to display Theatre View on my television is to first drag MC to the TV. I then have to drag it back to my PC monitor when I want to do other things with MC, which is a bit tedious. Is there a way to force Theatre View to appear on my television?

haggis999

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2024, 05:17:48 am »

I'm keen to get an answer to my last question about watching Theatre View on my television. Do I really have to drag MC to the TV to get this to work and then drag it back to my PC afterwards?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2024, 10:20:47 am »

Try Options > Tree & View > Full Screen (Display View... > Monitor

haggis999

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2024, 11:39:15 am »

Try Options > Tree & View > Full Screen (Display View... > Monitor

I was aware of that setting but had assumed that the description of Full Screen (Display View, Theatre View, etc) meant everything would move to the designated monitor. Clearly, I read far more into that "etc" than was really intended. It actually just affects Display View, Theatre View, and Cover View -  but not Standard View or Mini View. It therefore does just what I wanted!

Many thanks for that. It makes Theatre View much more practical for me  :) :) :)

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2024, 06:56:56 pm »

Many thanks for that. It makes Theatre View much more practical for me  :) :) :)

I'm glad you got it figured out. Please share a screen shot. I'm always interested in everyone's creation for inspiration for mine. :)

haggis999

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2024, 05:16:06 am »

I'm glad you got it figured out. Please share a screen shot. I'm always interested in everyone's creation for inspiration for mine. :)

I only started work on this subject about four days ago, so I doubt if my current Theatre View designs would be very inspirational. There is still much for me to learn before I will be fully satisfied with the results.

haggis999

Show multiple soundtrack icons in Theatre View
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2024, 06:08:40 am »

I have a lot of classical music Blu-ray rips, most of which contain both stereo and multichannel soundtracks.

Theatre View only shows icons for the first soundtrack (which could be either format). How do I customise the file info panel to show icons for both soundtracks?

haggis999

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2024, 04:51:37 pm »

Nudge, nudge...

I would be very grateful for an answer to the question in my previous post about displaying icons in Theatre View for multiple soundtracks, e.g. both stereo and surround sound.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2024, 12:08:23 pm »

You can edit the variable named v_MAX_AUDIO_CODECS in the template which will show the codecs of multiple tracks (DD, DTS, etc.), however, it currently will still only show the channels icon for the first track.

haggis999

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2024, 04:24:55 pm »

You can edit the variable named v_MAX_AUDIO_CODECS in the template which will show the codecs of multiple tracks (DD, DTS, etc.), however, it currently will still only show the channels icon for the first track.

EDIT:  Initially, I misunderstood what code required changing to display information about more than one soundtrack. However, my brain is now back in gear and I changed Save(1, v_MAX_AUDIO_CODECS) to Save(3, v_MAX_AUDIO_CODECS). I chose a value of 3 as at least one of my videos has three soundtracks.

However, this change is of limited effect, as what I really wanted were channel count icons for each soundtrack. Is there a chance that a future MC upgrade will enable display of more than one channels icon? The MC OSD already handles multiple soundtracks so I would have expected Theatre View to do the same wherever such support was relevant.

Pages: [1]   Go Up