INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hauppauge 950Q no longer works in Windows 11  (Read 183 times)

Leebob

• Recent member
Hauppauge 950Q no longer works in Windows 11
« on: June 13, 2024, 02:43:58 pm »

Hello I have found that my 950@ tv tuner is no longer working. An added bonus is it will lock up my pc when attempting to use it.

I re-downloaded the driver on the Hauppauge website. I'm fairly sure it was the same driver. Driver is 2/10/2015 version 1.104.33041.0

I just confirmed this on my WIN 11 pc.

I'm pretty sure a June update to the OS broke something. I checked on a pc that hasn't updated since May and all is well on that pc.

I'm hoping someone at JRiver can fix this problem because I have no faith that Microsoft will it on there end.

Looking forward to any feedback. Thanks in advance!

Leebob

• Recent member
Re: Hauppauge 950Q no longer works in Windows 10 and 11
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2024, 03:23:17 pm »

I should have included that I am running MC 30 in both Win 10&11. I did reinstall MC 29 just as a test. It didn't seem to help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024, 12:36:43 am »

If it locks the PC, it's probably the driver.

Power cycle everything.  Re-install the software that came with the device.  Or whatever they recommend.  Not just the driver.

Leebob

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2024, 11:44:41 am »

Good Morning Jim. I did re - download the driver from Hauppauge and run the installer. I also downloaded MC 29 just to see if that could make a difference. The pc(with Win 11) has been powered down several times. I'm saw no difference.

Presently I have both 950Q's from the Windows 10 and 11 disconnected. Everything else in MC 30 works as it always did.

I doubt I'm the only one that is still using JRiver as a PVR with a Hauppauge usb tuner. Hopefully others will join in and relate there experiences.

Oh and I am not using any software from Hauppauge. Just the driver.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2024, 11:54:24 am »

Sometimes the latest driver isn't the best one.  Try installing their software.  It will include a driver and it's probably stable.  If Windows is locking up, it's probably the driver.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2024, 12:06:17 pm »

...Oh and I am not using any software from Hauppauge. Just the driver.
Why not try the Haupauge WinTV software just for TESTING purposes?

What do you see if you open JRiver MC, go to Television then click on "Show Status"? Are the tuners listed? Do they say "Idle"?
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2024, 02:27:34 pm »

Have you tried this?
https://www.hauppauge.com/pics/camera.jpg

Driver issues cannot be addressed by JRiver or Microsoft, only Hauppauge can fix it by updating their drivers. Email their support.

Leebob

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2024, 12:23:28 pm »

tzr916 in the status screen on my Win 10 pc it shows idle. Yesterday I did get tuner working on this pc. But when choosing a channel to watch it takes 30 sec to a minute to show video. Also when I ran OTA EPG the first time it did nothing. I then cancelled it and tried again. This time it worked and I was able to schedule a recording and it did work. Everything seems to react much slower though.

As for the Windows 11 pc I had no luck. I even tried another 950Q tuner. No difference. So I disconnected it. When I last tried loading the channel guide the screen just went blank and I could not escape. I had to hit the reset button on the pc to reboot.

I was thinking exactly what you mentioned in your post. I think it's only $12 to buy Hauppauge's software. If I do that I'll report back with my findings.

zybex thank you for your reply. That's what I was afraid of about the driver. I did check that the pc has camera access. I did. I turned it off and the tuner was not recognized. So then I turned it back on. The Windows 11 pc is still pretty much not working with the 950Q.

Just to pass along more info the Win 10 pc has a old Intel Core2 Dou CPU with built in graphics. The Win 11 pc I just recently assembled is using a AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with built in graphics.

I will try to pass along my driver problems to Hauppauge support.

Thanks for your replies. If anyone else out there is having problems with there Hauppauge 950Q it would be nice to hear from you.

Leebob

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2024, 12:01:25 pm »

update on my progress. I did buy the Hauppauge WinTV v10 software. It didn't go smooth but it is working on my Windows 11 pc. Be patient while it loads onto your pc.
It did load a more up to date driver. Signed 6\13\2023. version 1.109.41164.0
When I downloaded the driver from the Hauppauge support page it was an older one. I wrote it down somewhere but it has walked away.

The new driver is working now with MC 30 but I can't say it's working as well as it once did. Video did stop on me but by manually sliding the time shift to the live position it played again.

So it looks as if not 100% but not freezing up completely as it was before.
Still not sure why in Hauppauge's Support page I got a older driver unless they just want you to buy their software.

Also my Windows 10 pc that I normally use for recording tv is now working. Channel changes take 13-15 seconds. Not sure if that is slower or not.
I have scheduled a couple of recordings and they worked fine(in Win 10)

PS are there any tricks to setting up Time Shift. Currently I am saving to a separate drive from the drive with my OS(Win 11)?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2024, 09:24:32 am »

I tried hooking up my Hauppauge 955Q to my Win10 machine.  Windows automatically downloaded the driver and all seems to be working.  It does occasionally show symptoms of lacking signals, but that is par for the course for my location.  Channel switching works fairly quickly except when the signal of the new channel happens to be weak.

PS are there any tricks to setting up Time Shift. Currently I am saving to a separate drive from the drive with my OS(Win 11)?

There is no trick.  You just set the location, to any hard disk, preferably a fast hard disk.

Also check TV Options in MC, and make sure the "Time-shifting method" is set to "Use Program Stream time-shifting (original method...)"

Check your antenna connection cable and make sure it is securely connected at both ends.

I have a suspicion that your device may be showing its age and in need of replacement.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Leebob

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2024, 07:53:06 pm »

Thank for your reply and the time shift info.
I moved the 950Q from the Windows 11pc to another pc running Win 10. It is working perfectly. I have no idea why it dislikes my Win 11 pc.
Time shift on Win 10 working A-OK.

Over the years I have picked up 6- 950-955Q's. 3 are connected to Edison free to air satellite boxes(Enigma). the other 3 are connected to Win 10 pc's all running JRiver. The one Win 10 pc that was giving me problems fixed itself.

Thank you all for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up