INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: still get approx 2/3 framedrops and 2/3 repeated frames on low fps movies.  (Read 140 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Hi I have now formatted(with killdisk) the system disk a second time and installed win 11 pro again, but to no avail. I still get framedrops on any nvidia driver I have tried and my setup is very simple. windows update and asrock inf, me, lan driver installed, installed latest mc 32 (version 55) and done the defender taming and recommended nvidia setting vsync, power and and disable variable freshrate.

I have a rtx 3050 8gb msi and in jrvr i always load the quality settings and leave it at that and I prievously never had any problems with that and use sdr 8 bit and does not turn on hdr in jrvr setting as this gives far less artifacts and unwanted rendering. I have also tried to load lower quality settings but to no avail.

I dont expect somebody to fix this for me as I have had this for some time now. But Am I the only one with this problem? I had it perfect some time back using nvidia driver 531.79 but that also dont work now. So I tend to think that it is windows update, but then again this would certainly be a topic here on jriver.

Is this common problem or is it most likely problem to my system.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

DocCharky

• Recent member

Do you use framerate matching ?
Charky

"Rule #1 : If it works, don't change anything."

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

I set up by custom and not auto regarding frameratematching. 23.976fps to 23 hz and 24 fps to 24 hz and so forth. I set up the other ones too, but I almost only render movies 23.976/24 fps..

is auto better?

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Thank You, Jim! for the link. So it could be hdmi or gpu that is not good enough anymore from what I understand.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Are you following this thread?
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,138989.msg964744.html#msg964744

Thanks for the link, Jim!

Ok as I understand it, the gpu could be the culprit, so something has changed so it perfoms bad, so the rtx4000 series will solve the problem for those that dont settle with just a few drops during a movie. This is also the case for not only sdr, but hdr passthroug and hdr rendering. And the correct driver mentioned in the thread off course is also needed.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

I tried out Madvr on jriver. Its late over here..but I played the same movie(planets of the ape 2014 remux) and used some good scaling options and did the all the other stuff to get good rendering..1 frame in advance and nvidia settings the same off course. I think this was a success, but I have to play couple of movies tomorrow, but I got 47 minute and 0 repeated frames or drops and no glitching. I Am pretty sure this is worked. Sad bc I prefer jrvr though, but at least I can watch movies again, not that I watch that much anymore bc of movie industry is going fast down the drain...King example..latest aliens...looks like netflix movies with a couple of children playing the caracter..just watched the short trailer on YT..what a farse!!!

but there was a missmatch on fps and hz...23.976 fps and 23.977 hz...but I could not see any problems but have to watch a movie to be sure this aint a problem bc it should not be this missmatch and this could be the root of the problem as I also see this on jrvr rendering too...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Read the first post in that thread.  He updated it.  It wasn't the video card that solved it.  The driver was a factor.  So was the OS setting for HDR.

I believe jmone found a few months ago that he could just leave the OS in HDR mode.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Thanks again, Jim! I read me up on this post. I tried just to activate hdr in os and there was less artifacts, but they where there( Jason bourne 2002 remux 4k). Like artifacts around the heads of people mostly(bc it is often the persons that are doing the motion, so that is ruining the movies). With sdr it is much much less. So Lg has a job to do. I doubt that the newer ones is free from this. Next tv will be Sony for sure.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Manni writes at the end of the post..that all problems above is solved with rtx 4000 series gpu and latest driver.

He also say using madvr solve the framedrop issue with the the right driver
Pages: [1]   Go Up