INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo Search  (Read 59 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Gizmo Search
« on: June 30, 2024, 01:52:15 am »

I want to be able to sit near my hifi in the other room and dial up an Artist, track to play the track through DLNA which the equipment is perfectly capable of receiving.

If I want to find something to play I punch in Cult and I get a list of artists, tracks even album that contains the word. Then when I touch the artist to drill down I instead get a popup saying Play, Add (to playing now list) etc.

If I look for the Album I want to play I can see that (with no reference to the artist for that title), but if I touch that one - something else from the list plays not the album I have selected. Eg. Cult, then see "Love (Album)" in the list hit that one and I get the Blue Oyster Cult playing not The Cult.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo Search
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2024, 02:01:16 am »

I simplified your post so I could try to understand it.

I think you're using search to locate what you want. 

Try Artists > The Cult
or
Albums > Love

It's also possible The Cult might be found under Artists > Cult if you've set MC to ignore articles like "The".
Pages: [1]   Go Up