INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable CD Lookup?  (Read 421 times)

Michael S.

• Recent member
Disable CD Lookup?
« on: July 04, 2024, 11:57:00 am »

I mainly use dBpoweramp for CD ripping and often have Media Center open while doing it.  Media Center usually tries to look up the CD information too when a CD is inserted, is there a way to disable this?  I have set the obvious options but it does not seem to be working.  Media Center says "Analyzing Optical Disk" when it does this.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
Re: Disable CD Lookup?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2024, 11:42:59 pm »

Go to Options/General/Features and un-check the box for CD ripping

Michael S.

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2024, 12:32:55 am »

Did that.  The "Analyzing Optical Disk" message still appears when CD's are inserted.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2024, 12:49:50 am »

If deactivating MC from ripping doesn't stop it from trying to analyze CDs, then I have no idea what would.  Maybe someone else will chime in.

Just to cover all bases though, did you restart MC, and the server, after you disabled the checkbox?  I ask because many MC features simply won't take effect until you do that first.

Michael S.

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2024, 02:10:59 am »

Yes, also closed and restarted the program after unchecking the box for CD ripping (and unchecked CD burning too).  Also set the option in the program to do nothing when a CD is inserted.  Still see the message when a CD is inserted.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2024, 04:11:13 am »

In Tools > Options > CD, DVD & BD set all the 3 options under AutoPlay to Nothing

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2024, 04:47:48 am »

And in Windows.  Maybe in a couple of places.  Try a Google search.  File Associations.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2024, 08:52:08 am »

That's right... I forgot there have been a number of threads over the years regarding "analyzing audio" popping up every time a CD is inserted.  I have never seen that issue, probably for exactly the reason Jim & English Tiger mentioned - I have had Autoplay set to "take no action" for all devices for as long as I can remember.

Checking Windows 10 settings just now, I see there is actually a switch to simply turn off Autoplay altogether.  For the record, that switch was on in my case, but the "take no action" setting for each device type appears to be enough to stop the unwanted behavior.
Pages: [1]   Go Up