INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo GUI  (Read 178 times)

colins

• Recent member
  • The Passage of my life is measured out in shirts
Gizmo GUI
« on: July 05, 2024, 04:19:24 am »

Hi,
I am an MC user since the dawn of time. Or so it seems. I have just installed a Denon AVC x6700. I am having a lot of fun streaming to it with Gizmo. My problem is that my audio is held in two directories on my NAS. I have one for regular 16bit FLAC and a second for 24bit FLAC.

Music/24Bit FLAC
Music /16Bit FLAC

Gizmo does not seem to give enough granularity on selection of datasource. I have a bunch of albums in 16bit and 24bit. Gizmo sees them all as straight duplicates without any way to differentiate between 16 and 24 - though some of the albums are titled as such - Night at the Opera (24bit Royal Orb). But mostly they are not. Did I miss a trick somewhere that would help Gizmo help me - without the need for me to relabel my whole library.

Thanks and best reagrds,

Colin

markf2748

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo GUI
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2024, 12:09:15 pm »

Like most MC remote apps, Gizmo is based on Server views.  Have you tried creating two different views on the MC Server, one for 16-bit and one for 24-bit? 

Here's how:
Set rules for a view's file display in  RMB > Customize View > Settings > Included Files > Set rules for file display... > Add New Rule > Bit Depth is xx or you could base it on Filename (path) includes xx.  Check the two views on the server to see if they contain only the expected albums.

Confirm that both Audio views are available to the network (presumably Generic DLNA, or other) in Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers > Customize views...

Then I would expect you can select either view in Gizmo to see only the albums with respective bit depth.

colins

• Recent member
  • The Passage of my life is measured out in shirts
Re: Gizmo GUI
« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:04:08 am »

You sir are a bona fide star!
Pages: [1]   Go Up