INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Classical Music delineation for Track Info Template  (Read 467 times)

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Classical Music delineation for Track Info Template
« on: July 15, 2024, 04:03:15 pm »

What field or fields or indicator tells Media center a track is classical?

Asking specifically in the Blue Dream Track Info template (though it may effect all).  I have one album that uses the standard track visualization and not the classical view even though it is tagged classical.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Classical Music delineation for skins
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2024, 04:12:16 pm »

Genre.

But how does a skin know about that?

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2024, 05:05:12 pm »

I have found it easier and more consistent to add my own tag option "Classical" where everything that is not classical gets a "No."  Blank/default means that I regard it as classical.  The Genre auto-tagging permits multiple entries by track and is not what I usually want.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2024, 06:21:55 pm »

Asking specifically in the Blue Dream skin (though it may effect all). 
I think you mean the Blue Dream Track Info Template by English Tiger, not the Dream in Blue skin, correct?

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2024, 10:09:40 pm »

I think you mean the Blue Dream Track Info Template by English Tiger, not the Dream in Blue skin, correct?

Yes, you are correct.  It's the Track Info Template.  I mistyped and corrected it above.  Thanks.  Getting old is hard.  :)

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
Re: Classical Music delineation for Track Info Template
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2024, 11:28:58 pm »

And it appears I figured it out.  You can't have more than one Genre listed. 

Evidently Genre must have only "classical" as its entry.  Having more than one genre with semi-colon separation (ie Classical;Opera) doesn't work for anyone else that was wondering.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2024, 01:06:31 am »

Evidently Genre must have only "classical" as its entry.  Having more than one genre with semi-colon separation (ie Classical;Opera) doesn't work for anyone else that was wondering.

The reason for the "Classical Music can only have one Genre (Classical)" is down to the restrictions imposed by the JavaScript Routine/Function that determines if the current track is Classical or Not Classical. It can only use Genre=Classical when testing the content of the Genre field/tag  because the word Classical can occur in the Genre for a Non-Classical Track, i.e. a Classical Crossover track.

Dawg - take a look at MC Ultra IIC, IIIc or IVC which like the ET Ultimate I variant have the Track + Album Info page as the 1st page, use the words Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Modernist, Postmodernist or Contemporary to switch into "Classical Display Mode and use the "Style" tag as the obvious repository for the Classical Music Composition Type - Opera, Symphony, Cantata, etc.  If you click on the link at the bottom of my Forum Signature you can read about the MC Ultra TrackInfo Plugins and the ET Classical Music Tagging Method.

Although the format of the MC Ultra TI's is slightly different to that of the ET Ultimate TI's you should be able to copy any modifications/changes you made to the Blue Dream Track Info Template to the relevant place in the relevant MC Ultra TI's.
N.B. Don't forget that because the MC Ultra TI's are shipped with every MC32 update you will have to change the Folder and TI Name of your Version, the simplest way of doing that is to change the "ET" prefix to something else.

DJLegba

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2024, 05:36:57 am »

Remote views (JRemote, mo4Media) also have trouble with multiple entries. Your example would appear in a view with genre=Classical but not in a view with genre=Opera.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2024, 08:43:27 am »

Thanks for the reply English Tiger.  I'll look into it.

I really appreciate the effort you put into your views.  Don't think anyone else has come close to setting up an informative, workable, easy on the eyes info page.
Pages: [1]   Go Up