INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turn off Updates?  (Read 819 times)

Michael S.

• Recent member
Turn off Updates?
« on: July 20, 2024, 02:02:32 am »

Is there any way to disable updates?  My work computer does not allow me to update on the internet and it isn't a problem on that computer, so would just like to disable updates.

I receive a prompt to install updates when I first open the program, but would like to bypass if possible.

mpffffhhhh

• Recent member
Re: Turn off Updates?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2024, 02:16:29 am »

menu - help - update sources - deactiviate.... (maybe different, mine is in german)

checking the menus is helpful.

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2024, 08:32:07 am »

My English version shows  Help - Update Sources -Disable Automatic Update (not recommended).

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2024, 02:44:17 pm »

My English version shows  Help - Update Sources -Disable Automatic Update (not recommended).

I have that checked, but I still get a pop up reminder asking if I want to update every time MC is started.

I have resorted to a program I have that will automatically click the "Cancel" button on that popup.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2024, 02:47:39 pm »

What version are you using?

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 12:59:15 pm »

What version are you using?

32.0.20  I know there are newer versions out.  My current version works fine and I see nothing added/changed/fixed that I need or want. 

I usually only update any program when there is a reason for me to.  Back in the MediaJukebox days, I'd install every version the moment JRiver released it.  Now with my PC running my house, I can't afford the risk of downtime to install newer versions unless there is something I need in the newer versions.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2024, 01:03:45 pm »

Update problems are very rare and are quickly fixed.  Even on the beta board.

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2024, 01:24:12 pm »

I have that checked, but I still get a pop up reminder asking if I want to update every time MC is started.

I have resorted to a program I have that will automatically click the "Cancel" button on that popup.
Hi Striker,

I think if the program had checked for updates before you checked the 'Disable Automatic Update' option, it remembers that an update is available from before. I would run the found update and then as long as the 'Disable Automatic Update' is checked going forward, it should work as expected. I have my main home server setup this way as well for the same reason. I run the beta builds at my desktop for testing and maintaining our libraries.
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up