INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA server not discoverable  (Read 246 times)

ckewinjones

• Recent member
DLNA server not discoverable
« on: August 27, 2024, 02:50:38 pm »

I am running Media Center on my Ubuntu server, using it as a media server on my home LAN.  No issues with any MC client (Media Center on Windows, JRemote on Android, etc).

However, while I have set up a DLNA server, the DLNA server is not visible to other DLNA clients on my LAN.  I can see the DLNA server from VLC running on the same host as Media Center, but not from VLC running on other devices on the LAN.  My goal is to play audio from Media Center to the DLNA client running on a Denon AVR (x3800h); needless to say, Media Center's DLNA server is not visible from the Denon client either.

The server where Media Center is running is on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.  There is no firewall on the Ubuntu box (UFW isn't even installed).  Media Center is running in the foreground with full UI; I have also tried it "headless" via Docker.  Either way, I can use the server just fine from another instance of Media Center on another device, but it is invisible over DLNA.

How should I go about troubleshooting this?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA server not discoverable
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2024, 03:14:40 pm »

A firewall may be blocking. 

Port 1999 is SSDP. 

MC uses 52100 to 52200.

Read the wiki topic on Media Network.  You may just be using Library Server, and not DLNA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up