INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How I can add new fields in Noire Viz Visualization?  (Read 489 times)

clements

How I can add new fields in Noire Viz Visualization?
« on: October 11, 2024, 05:36:01 am »

Hi, I have the standard visualization of Noire Viz, the cover album is on the left side, the info track (title and artist) big and near cover album and below (album, year, genre and comments).

How I can modify main css file to add new field info like Bitrate, Audio Codec, Bit Depth and sampling on the same line, the line below DR and Channels and below to leave comments?

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: How I can add new fields in Noire Viz Visualization?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2024, 09:23:21 am »

You can edit trackinfo file in notepad.  Save it as something else so you don't lose the baseline.

clements

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2024, 01:54:06 pm »

Yes I know I can modify with notepad but I don't know the syntax to add this fields.

EnglishTiger

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2024, 01:40:28 am »

Since Notepad can't differentiate between HTML, CSS, XML files and a TXT File you should use a program like Notepad++, which can differentiate between various programming/scripting formats, to edit any of the files used by MediaCenter.
One thing that using Notepad++ will reveal, but Notepad won't, is that Line 8 in all 3 HTML files contain 3 instructions that have been Redacted (declared Obsolete) and are Ignored by versions of HTML that were released on or after those instructions were Redacted..

Unfortunately the Noire Viz TrackInfo Plugin is not set up to display the Metadata for more than one Field/Tag on a line so you are going to have to make the same changes to all 3 HTML files and the CSS file to get it to do what you want.

But before you attempt to make any changes to Noire Viz you need to read this MC Wiki page:- https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Track_Info_Template_SDK

That page will reveal that the Instructions in the format Noire Viz uses to get the metadata for individual fields/tags, i.e. TRACKINFO_INSERT_ARTIST, are only set up to handle a restricted number of MC fields/tags.
To obtain the Metadata for any fields/tags not handles by a TRACKINFO_INSERT_ instruction you have to use this format - TrackInfo_Insert(field name) where field name is the Name that has been assigned to that field/tag when it was set up.
It is the one you see when you got to Tools >> Options >> Library & Folders >> ... Manage Library Fields ... and then clicking on that field/tag name in the scrollable list on the left to expose the information about that field/tag.
N.B. when entering the fieldname into a TrackInfo_Insert(field name) instruction it must have that same English spelling and Capitalisation that was displayed for its Name on the Manage Library Fields Form/Window.

For a TrackInfo Plugin the most important thing is to change the Name of the Folder that its files are held in, if you don't the next time a New Version of MC is installed your modified version will be overwritten by the Original (unmodified) version.

clements

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2024, 02:55:59 am »

Thanks for answer,

so it is not enough to modify only the CSS but I have to modify the 3 HTML files with exactly the same changes?

Rename the folder, for example, in Visualizations > Track Info > Noire Viz to Noire Viz2?

EnglishTiger

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2024, 04:58:24 am »

To be able to put Multiple Fields/Tags on the same line you have to add  coding to the CSS file to handle the layout (Style) of those Multiple Field/Tag Lines.

All 3 HTML Files have to be modified because they all contain in lines 11-35 of the current version what to Display in the screen above the Line that displays the Options.

The Folder Renaming should be done when you copy the Existing Track Info Plugin to somewhere like the "Documents Folder" so that you can edit it.
Copying that Renamed Folder back to the MCnn/Visualisations/Track Info folder will result in your modified version of Noire Viz appearing in the List of Installed Track Info Plugins.
Pages: [1]   Go Up