INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live TV is erratic tonight  (Read 142 times)

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
Live TV is erratic tonight
« on: October 11, 2024, 09:51:11 pm »

I tried watching live TV (Baseball on Fox) for the first time in a while. All I got was a solid picture, like playback was paused. I tried a few other stations and they were the same. Then I started recording Fox and watched the file for a few minutes. Eventually it started stuttering but I stopped and started again and it was OK.

I walked into the other room and tried watching the same feed on my HDHomerun and it was working fine. I did notice that the game was out of sync on the two devices, with the HDHomerun 10-15 seconds ahead. I went back and stopped recording the game with JRiver and tried to watch it live instead. The broadcast started playing normally but it was still a few seconds behind the HDHomerun. I changed to another channel and the two systems were much closer to being in sync.

The game is over now so I won't worry about it too much. As you can probably guess, I rarely watch live TV and the recordings are still just fine.
HTPC - Windows 11 64-bit Minisforum MS-01

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2),  Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Live TV is erratic tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2024, 10:41:57 pm »

I have not checked this board for a few days.  I am feeling at a loss.  Are your tuners on Windows?  What is the recording format, and what is your time-shifting method?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up