INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange playing-behaviour  (Read 508 times)

jayla

• Recent member
Strange playing-behaviour
« on: September 20, 2024, 09:51:54 am »

Dear JRiver Team,

I am actually running JRiver version 330020 (Masterversion installed on Mac-Mini).
Last week i ripped the CD Vangelis 1492: Christophe Colomb.
The first two titles are "Opening" and "Conquest of paradies".
The songs slides from first song to the next song without any gap (on the CD). 
It does this also for the ripped version but I could clearly recognized a major difference inbetween the ripped version and the cd-version.
At time 0:03 of "conquest of paradies" there is an abrupt stop of the outfading claves (or Glockenspiel) whereas on the CD it is fading out slowly until it vanished completely. I thought first, I am mistaken and compared again several times but always the same result.
Then i just start playing from the 2nd title: surprise!! The claves are fading out as they do on the CD-version.
Now I start comparing with different versions of JRiver.
Starting with Version 29: everything is completely running perfect (also when sliding from first song to the 2nd song).
Version 30: completely fine
Version 31: completley fine (my last version is 310083)
Version 32 (320012): This is the first version where the failure occures and afterwards for all following versions.
Can you please verify this wrong behaviour of JRiver or give me advice what I did wrong when changing from version 310083 to versions above this one. What I can clearly say is, that JRiver took some kind of operation on the ripped song.
I do not actually have another excample for this behaviour.
Best regards
Joachim

jayla

• Recent member
Re: Strange playing-behaviour
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2024, 07:35:04 am »

What is really great in terms of JRiver Media Center Audio Engine (on a MAC):
1. the perfect library engine & management - the only one that is able to manage huge classical libraries to my knowledge

2. The sound of the audio engine that can easily stay in comparison to audirvana and roon

3. The really perfect integration into a LAN - this includes also the stable accessing via JRemote and the UX of JRemote

What I think that could be really worth to put effort on:
1. The integration of lyrics is quite poor (JRemote and Computer). For Rock/Pop/Jazz very often wrong lyrics are displayed; lyrics for classical music (i.e. opera ...) not at all

2. The level of information about Interpreter/Conducter (JRemote) is  quite poor and does not reach the level that should be possible for a state-of-the-art software (in my eyes). Example: No info on interpreter if Multi-Interpreter take place like Orchestra and Conductor. No additional info about an album, its development and formation process, its year and the included musicians,  +++. 

3. The given content by last.fm (JRemote) - it use to be old and very often poor and really not up-to-date. Would be nice to have a better information engine - and I really do not asked for roon like information where I often have the feeling it would be mind-driving. A really good Wikipedia integration into JRemote would may be already sufficient.

Best regards
Joachim

EnglishTiger

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Strange playing-behaviour
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2024, 09:01:52 am »

What I think that could be really worth to put effort on:
1. The integration of lyrics is quite poor (JRemote and Computer). For Rock/Pop/Jazz very often wrong lyrics are displayed; lyrics for classical music (i.e. opera ...) not at all

2. The level of information about Interpreter/Conducter (JRemote) is  quite poor and does not reach the level that should be possible for a state-of-the-art software (in my eyes). Example: No info on interpreter if Multi-Interpreter take place like Orchestra and Conductor. No additional info about an album, its development and formation process, its year and the included musicians,  +++. 

3. The given content by last.fm (JRemote) - it use to be old and very often poor and really not up-to-date. Would be nice to have a better information engine - and I really do not asked for roon like information where I often have the feeling it would be mind-driving. A really good Wikipedia integration into JRemote would may be already sufficient.

1. Until web-sites that provide lyrics ensure that the Lyrics they provide are the correct ones there will always be a risk of getting the wrong lyrics from those web-sites.

2. Products like JRemote can only provide information/data that exists in the MC Library feeding it and when it comes to Classical Music the majority of the information has to be input by hand. Although I agree its time JRemote and the other versions of MC that run on handheld supported the needs of Classical Music Fans.

Even if and when AI develops anything near the abilities of the average Human Brain integration of Wikipedia into any JRiver, or a competitors product, would be nigh on impossible.
Wikipedia only provides detailed information/metadata for some Popular Music Studio Recordings, for Compilations all the info they provide is for the recording company, if your really lucky it may also provide the Album Name and Release Date for some recordings and none for Classical Recordings. Furthermore there isn't one unified way of accessing the information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up