INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WINTV board problem  (Read 1771 times)

wallmwallm

• nothing more to say...
WINTV board problem
« on: January 27, 2003, 06:43:43 pm »

i can see the last channel the hauppage software had on in your window, but media center dialog comes up saying "failed to access TV tuner"

wintv board. xp. geoforce ti

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: WINTV board problem
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 06:42:33 am »

i can see the last channel the hauppage software had on in your window, but media center dialog comes up saying "failed to access TV tuner"

wintv board. xp. geoforce ti

Can you give more details of your WinTV board? Is it WinTV PCI? Which version of driver?

Are you running DirectX 9 or DirectX8b?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

wallmwallm

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 04:28:10 pm »

wintv pci chip 848
xp sp1 directx 8.1

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2003, 06:07:46 am »

"Failed to access TV  tuner" error generally occur if you do not have WDM driver installed. MC will not work with VfW drivers except for a few specific cards.

Recently a few Hauppauge users reported this problem even with WDM drivers.

Since you have XP, your driver is most likely WDM. But that would be the first thing to check, especially since your card has a 848 chip, instead of the newer 878 chip. A few months ago when I initially contacted Hauppauge, they told me their WDM driver would not work with 848 based cards. This may have changed, since on their web page 878 and 848 are lumped together, without mentioning anything about 848 not working with WDM drivers.

wallmwallm

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2003, 12:20:01 pm »

yeah it looks that way doesnt it? but after it fails and troubleshoot thru a few pages, you learn u need to install the old windows 2000 driver. im not clear on the type of drivers you are stating(too techie for me), and i dont think they mention vfw or wdm on hauppage.

can i check back again in a couple of months to see if this will change on your side, or do you think it wont? id only upgrade to 9 for the video enhancements.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2003, 05:11:16 pm »

im not clear on the type of drivers you are stating(too techie for me), and i dont think they mention vfw or wdm on hauppage

Folks at Hauppauge call VfW (video for window) drivers "Standard Mode" drivers. Their WDM driver is clearly "marked" as WDM. If you go to their web page here http://www.hauppauge.com/html/sw_wcst.htm#wdm, you will find two versions of WDM driver for Windows XP. If you have not installed the driver there, I sugguest you do it. I am not sure which one is better.

I must mention, however, that neither of these drivers work completely right for me. I could view TV correctly, change channels fine (no "Failed to access TV tuner" error) but I could not do time-shifting with it. Please read this thread for more http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1043898312
Pages: [1]   Go Up