INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows XP Media Center Edition, MC9  (Read 945 times)

ddevaux

• nothing more to say...
Windows XP Media Center Edition, MC9
« on: January 23, 2003, 05:43:51 am »

Hello all,

I've been contemplating the Gateway deal where you get a 42" plasma tv and a Gateway PC with Windows XP Media Center edition.  *However*, it seems to me that MC9 has several features that are noticeably lacking in WinXP MC edition..for instance, "Media Server "functionality...and the searches for media also don't seem as powerful.

Anyway, I was actually thinking of just running MC9 on Win XP MC edition, and wondering if anyone had successfully done this.  Basically, with the Gateway deal, you get a pretty nice machine w/ WinXP MC edition for ~$1000, so I'm thinking even if I don't really like WinXP MC edition, I can just use MC9 on the machine instead.

I'm also wondering if MC9 can be made to work w/ the remote that you get with the gateway media center pc...

TIA,

-Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Windows XP Media Center Edition, MC9
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 08:21:17 am »

I was hoping someone else might answer this.  We have no knowledge of what the compatibility issues might be, except that we know there are some currently with WMP9.  Microsoft has not released the tools we need to fix this.  I suspect they know this is causing their competitors trouble and are delaying intentionally.

That said, MC will probably run fine in most respects now, and in a month or two, we should have WMP9 issues solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up