INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.100 beta  (Read 15032 times)

canaro99

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 9.0.100 beta
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2003, 10:34:48 am »

Bug:

For several builds of the 9.0 beta I've noticed that after installing the newest build the handheld plug-in info shows 3.0.16 as the IPod version. Is this a bug or am I missing something.

Bug: (?)

Several days ago someone wrote about "file in use" when trying to install the IPod plug-in. I thought (and wrote) that maybe the individual had not exited the program. Today I experienced the same problem.

I knew I had exited MC and still got the same message, however, upon going to "Processes" under the Taks Manager in Windows I found that MC was still showing as running although it was not listed under the "Applications" tab. I terminated the process and then the plug-in installed properly.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.100 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1399 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 246 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: LITE-ON  LTR-16102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Thanks, John
Thank you,

John

Sergio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2003, 12:00:38 pm »

MC still doesn't remember the "Overflow Handling" method and always defaults to "Clip Protection".
Sérgio Gomes

Skinnyfatz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I would just like to say...
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2003, 06:30:56 pm »

Well, here's a bug for you. Don't think it's been reported, but I could be wrong:). CD write settings, use dsp and playback settings two things happen, 1st the crossfade setting does not stay where it's set, it always moves back to standard with a 0.1 delay, I try to set it at smooth, with a 1.0 delay, will not stay there. 2nd when trying to burn a CD, it automatically opens the analyze box, try to click cancel and the cd write box closes, this happens repeatedly, try to uncheck the analyse box and the burn is cancelled. 3rd if you do analyze the files, it only does a partial and then the analyse box closes, and you have to start all over.

Media Jukebox  9.0.100 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Media Jukebox  9.0.100 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1532 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 565 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: TDK      CDRW321040B        Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

I've learned... You can say anything you want, but the truth in your heart, comes from your actions, not in the words from you mouth.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2003, 10:06:57 pm »

Has anyone else seen this artifact?

The Progress Bar has a dark cyan color that shows in the rightmost 10% of the bar. The cyan color is overwritten by the Progress Ticks, which make the background appear as it does across the rest of the bar.

MC9.100, XP Pro, nVIDIA GeForce4, 32-bit color

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2003, 01:24:04 am »

MC9 .100    XP

When running an Interface Plug-in with VC in debug, if you pass your mouse over a button, when the button highlights two exceptions are thrown:

First-chance exception in Media Jukebox.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception.
First-chance exception in Media Jukebox.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception.

When leaving the button and the highlight is removed, another pair of exceptions are thrown. Happens on all buttons in Interface Plug-in windows such as SleepTimer and SyncMaster (mine). For your testing, my plug-in is:

http://www.eldoradosoft.com/temp/SyncMaster.mjp

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2003, 09:13:01 am »

Is this a bug?

Last night I was tracking down a bug in the iPod Plug-in. It was with a particular Album. I opened Artist (Sade) then Album (Lover's Rock). 22 songs appeared; one MP3 and one APE for each track. They were sorted by track, thus went MP3 / APE / MP3 etc. I double-clicked the song that was failing and "it" started to play.

In fact, the entry for the MP3 file was bad, and the file in question did not exist. The bad entry was not reported by MC - it simply started playing the first track that wasn't bad. That happened to be the APE version of the same song. (Steve, if you're reading this... this is the reason that the song appeared to be OK in the MC DB).

It seems like bad entries should be reported... unless it's in Party Mode.

nila

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2003, 01:42:30 pm »

BUG
  • using a view scheme: Album
    I go into an album, click on track # header to re-sort by that order, click on convert to convert a track, when it finished converting it forgets the sort order and returns to the original one.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2003, 02:31:58 pm »

Cosmetic bugs:

1. The "Speaker" just doesn't belong in the new MultiMedia land of MC9. See updated icon in view on the right.

2. No separation between "Playlists" and "CD, DVD..." icons. On right, the "CD, DVD..." icon has been edited, moving the CD lower while keeping the "equipment" the same.

3. The Plug-ins icon was too big and too contrasty. With more than one Plug-in, the icons ran together. It's been modified in several ways to improve appearance, and positioned one pixel further right. Due to GIF compression, some of the cosmetic improvements aren't visible here.

4. The Playlist Groups icon was a full 16 pixels high, so it ran together as shown on the left. Using a modified icon in my own dialog box, there is space between the Playlist Groups yet the icon retains its character.

You can also see my iPod iCon in a tree here. It looks kinda washed-out when used against the light blue background. Yet it looks like a real iPod when it's on a white or dark background.

These icons are in a 24-bit file suitable for CImageList (COLOR24) at:

http://www.eldoradosoft.com/temp/ColorTreeIcons.bmp

******* Please note: I submitted a bug about losing transparency in icons using .098. After some investigation, I got it to work (as you can see above). In fact, I think there was a problem in .088 that has been corrected somewhere prior to .100. Now the Mask Color is (0, 128, 128) as I expected it to be. I don't know why (0, 130, 132) worked with MC9.088... but MC9.100 is fine.

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2003, 07:16:31 pm »

Bugs:
1. The Portable Device plug-in still crashes MC everytime you attempt an upload (to a USB-connected CF-card reader).  MC just crashes (disappears) after the 1st file is uploaded...no error message...just bye, bye Mr. MC.

2. The nag message that tells the user that he/she has queued more data to upload to a portable device than space available is popping up too often...everytime you navigate to the portable device's node or folder on the device.  I believe in MJ 8.0 this nag message was only displayed once per 'session' or upload queue.  This is a pain if you are trying to view folders on the device to delete files to make room and you get the nag message everytime you navigate (like 'duh'...I know I'm over the limit...leave me alone and I will delete some files to 'please' Mr. MC).

3. On a view scheme, if you have 'Add a grouping level' turned on for a component in the view scheme and you attempt to use Locate File... <view scheme name>, MC can not drill down passed the component with the grouping level to next lower-level component and 'locate' what you want.  So, if your view scheme is Artist/Album and Artist has 'Add a group level' turn on (with Grouping Size of 3), MC can NOT locate past the Artist level and just shows you all the tracks at the corresponding 'group level' like A-C, D-F, etc.  This is very frustrating when you want/like the grouping level concept, but can NOT use Locate File... to get the the proper Artist/Album node (without turning off 'Add a grouping level').

4. If you attempt to add/upload a track to a portable device that is currently playing, an error is reported that says basically the file is in use and can NOT be opened/access (sharing violation again).  This seems to be a common problem throughout MC when trying to upload, convert and/or burn a currently playing track...I don't think this a problem at all in MJ 8.0.

5. Even with Browser Integration enabled for the Download Manager, the 'Save with Download Manager' option does not show on the right-click menu (for IE).

RuudEBijvank

• nothing more to say...
9.0.100 beta: Download manager problems
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2003, 01:03:31 am »

Hi

I use download manager to download albums from eMusic.com. Basically, this works, but with a few hickups.

You can only download one album at the time. When downloading and you click on the next album download icon on the web page, Download Manager crashes. Adding the URL manually, same story.

The second thing is the naming of the files. My Emusic-setting for downloading is #Tracknumber - Trackname.
When the download is initiated, all tracks are shown in a correct manner. When Download Manager saves the files to disk, it saves with filename "01 - <trackname>" for the tracks 1-9. Then "02- <trackname>" for the tracks 10-19 and so on.

Tech stuff:

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.100 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 99 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 81 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2003, 04:15:47 am »

Last night was the first time I've used MC9 for a few weeks to do anything other than synch my iPod. I noticed a couple of things that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread. Apologies if you already know about them.

1. The scroll bars don't work properly. When you click on the scoll bar it goes mad and always scrolls down to the bottom of the list instead of scolling down by 1 page. The only way I could scroll down a small amount was to use my mouse wheel or to use the arrows at the top and bottom of the scroll bar.

2. In the smartlist wizard I got lots of graphical artifacts overlaying the lists when I used the scrollbar. Here's an example:

3. There is no way to point an album/track at a specific cover art file.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.100
Microsoft Windows XP Home

ZRocker

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2003, 07:38:06 am »

Bug or Hidden Feature:
1. This morning somehow MC reset all my Content View columns to include *only* Name, Album, Artist and Filename...all the other columns (lots of them) were somehow disabled.  All I remember doing before the disappearance was 1) inserting an audio CD, 2) holding down the Shift-key (to avoid Auto-Play) and 3) looking at Options and scrolling/selected the options icons (on the left) with the Shift-key held down.  Is there some hidden feature in options that will reset the enabled columns (to just those 4 listed) if you have the Shift-key held down?

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2003, 09:08:52 am »

This morning somehow MC reset all my Content View columns to include *only* Name, Album, Artist and Filename...

Maybe this will help in the hunt...

If I look at the iPod, fewer columns display than when looking at the Media Library. If I adjust a column width when looking at the iPod, MC9 updates some global column width table to a) only the columns on the iPod, and b) the column widths of the iPod.

Please

I would really like to see each entry in the Tree on the left have its own Column Width Table definitions. If the Column Width Table of an entry had not been customized, it would use its parent's (and so on up the Tree). I believe the Default Sort Order should be specific to the tree entry you're looking at, also. Music and Images just sort differently.

This product - MC9 - with its multimedia approach to life, truly needs this feature. Bitrates, Replay Gain, etc. should be turnable-offable for the Images part of the Tree, while Height/Width are turned for Audio, etc. It seems that the more one uses MC, the more one needs this capability.

Another example of the value of this: I want totally different columns than Artist or Composer for images. But I'm reluctant to add them, because I have so many columns enabled for audio. If Column/Width/Sort definitions were "per tree entry", I could set up unique categories for each media type, but have efficient use of the right window. Re-using "Artist" for "Subject" in images is a bit confusing.

Bug reports

1. I am using Custom 1, Custom 2 and Custom 3. The names I've chosen appear in the Column Headers, but if I right-click the header bar, the context menu contains "Custom n", not the names I chose in Tools / Options / Tree & View.

2. Statistics - Artist/Album uses the field that groups under (Multiple Artists). That isn't useful in statistics; "(Multiple Artists) - The Avengers Soundtrack / 4" provides no usable Artist information.

3. The Sort Headers don't work in Statistics. This is what I'm dealing with:

With >1000 Artists and >1000 Albums, scrolling down the list to see who was how many is tedious and uninformative.

4. I believe there needs to be a pure Artist statistic, which leads to...

Suggestion: Those Stat definitions remind me a lot of View Schemes. How NICE it would be if you could populate the Stat definitions from the View Schemes (with a couple extras like Overview), and generate the entry names using the items selected in the View Scheme. Then you wouldn't have to figure out what Stat definitions the world needs (and write them); we could all set up our own! I would even set up View Schemes I never use for viewing, only for Stat summaries.

Hmmm... now that I've written this, it seems so obvious that a person would want to see Stats with the same outlook they'd implement in View Schemes. The Stats should even use the Search qualifiers so we get exact stats for each View Scheme's selected files and structure.

ZRocker

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2003, 09:35:58 am »

Bugs:
1. I attempted to play a DVD (using WinDVD) and MC was blocking all 'access' to my DVD-Rom drive.  WinDVD, MC and Windows Explorer could not/would not recognize that I had inserted a DVD.  I simply stop MC and immediately WinDVD and Windoes Explorer could 'see' the DVD (and play it).  This is the same behaviour I experience after a CD burn using MC (CD drives are unaccessible)...I have not burned a CD today though.  It appears MC is somehow locking everybody including itself out of accessing CD/DVD-Rom drives after 'some' action.

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2003, 09:54:29 am »

I am unable to install the LowerRight skin.  Download proceeds ok, but fails with 'INSTALLSKIN action failed.'

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.100 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 886 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 115 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: SAMSUNG  CDRW/DVD SN-308B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2003, 09:56:33 am »

Bug-ish:

In File Properties, the "Apply Changes", "Discard Changes", and "Undo/Redo" choices are all enabled at all times.

"Apply/Discard" should only be enabled if I've made changes that haven't already been applied. "Undo/Redo" should be enabled based on the Undo stack contents.

Tres chic:
    Alt+Enter   -->  Apply and close
   Esc           -->  Discard and close
   Ctrl+Z       -->  Undo
   Ctrl+Y       -->  Redo

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2003, 11:21:14 am »

Has the subject of Parental Controls ever come up?

I have my song and photo libraries on a network server so the family can access them. I have kids, 8 & 11. There are songs (e.g. Nine Inch Nails - Closer) and images (Amsterdam RLD) that I want to keep in the collection but I don't want the kids to access.

While right now is certainly not the time to address this, perhaps you could be thinking about file-level Parental Controls for the future? Multimedia file management makes this even more important.  thx, Randy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2003, 11:31:50 am »

It has come up.  People have suggested password protecting certain sections.  

Right now, you can run two different libraries.

mclaugh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2003, 11:46:55 am »

JimH:
when can we expect version 101?  
I'm hoping 101 will correct the bug that prohibits you from making quick changes to file properties without having to open up each file's properties window.
Thanks!

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2003, 12:12:18 pm »

JimH:
when can we expect version 101?  
I'm hoping 101 will correct the bug that prohibits you from making quick changes to file properties without having to open up each file's properties window.
Thanks!

I know you guys are working hard, but I agree with the above sentiments--if we could just get a quick fix on the ability to change the file fields, it would be a major help; can't really do much with MC 9 until that's fixed....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2003, 12:13:34 pm »

It should be fixed shortly.  Maybe today.  If not, then tomorrow.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2003, 01:32:08 pm »

ATI TV Wonder USB, MC9.100, XP, 2.5GHz, 512MB

Bugs:

1. Started MC. Clicked "TV". Double-clicked "Channel 4". Windowed display shows channel 40 although ch 4 is definitely playing; left arrow goes to 31, another left arrow goes to 30 (not in list) and things hang/slow down.

2. Big one: there are now audio drop-outs while watching TV. No problems whatsoever under MJ8. Tried bandwidths from 1Mb to 6Mb... at 6Mb the duration of the drop-out is shorter. Note Task Manager in the image: never was the CPU or memory taxed. Yet there was one drop-out about every grid tick during the monitored period.

3. Bug? PrintScreen and pcAnywhere don't capture the video image.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up