INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Media Player vs. MJ  (Read 1339 times)

Faruz

• Recent member
  • Maybe next year...
Windows Media Player vs. MJ
« on: January 16, 2003, 09:25:36 pm »

Hi.

I just downloaded today the new version of Windows Media Player. It appears like they did a nice work fixing some of the bugs and improving the software.
One thing I did not like is that their auto-playlists are exact replicas of MJ's, I don't know who copied from who...

One thing I did like is that they have the option to "monitor" your music folders for changes and import them, I'm  not sure how they do it but it's a great feature to add to Media Jukebox (If it doesnt already exist, in that case - please explain how to use it).

Don't worry, I will stay loyal to MJ if only because of this forum and the fast way to get bugs fixed and requests processed.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows Media Player vs. MJ
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 03:19:42 am »

I only found a few things i liked about the new Medai Player.

1. The player slide bar goes from the left to the right on the full lenth of the program window. where MJ\MC it does not. it is easyer in MS Media Player to do fine adjustments when the player bar is longer. you can do this in MC but you must open up the left pane all the way to the right.

2. The 5 star rating i liked how they did that but you can not mass set the ratings.

3. The new VBR encoding sounds good, but there is also a delay prior to the music starting (maybe due to decoding).

they do it seems have a Plus player, not sure how much it costs due to there web site was not working correctly the other day (broken links)

4. It seem in the Plus player they have dancing people. might be neat for party mode.

thats about it, MJ has more options.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lclontz

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 06:32:37 pm »

My favorite feature of the new Windows Media Player is that you can create a playlist and see the length of the songs you've selected without having to switch from the library to the playlist and back. You can build a playlist and see how long it is as you build it without leaving the music library. Very nice.

That, and it actually works with newer CD-RW drives. For all the promises to the contrary, MJ8 never supported my 48x Lite-On CD-RW except in "generic" mode, and I'm not going to spend $35 for that support. That, plus the silly, bizarre licensing scheme has me taking a good look at WMP before I pony up for MC9.

JimHus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 09:03:20 am »

The FindAlbum link in WMP seems to combine the best aspects of CDDB/YDDB and ImageDownload. I hope MC heads this direction.

For the rest I prefer MC still.
Pages: [1]   Go Up