INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.98 beta  (Read 8693 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.98 beta
« on: January 15, 2003, 12:15:18 pm »

Media Center 9.0.98 beta is available.  

Many things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90098.exe    

Changes    

1. Fixed: Browser grouping schemes were not working. (i.e. A-C was A@#$-C#$#)
2. Changed: Handheld database more aggressively flushed.
3. Changed: Column auto-sizing won't resize to more than 500 pixels wide, even if more space is required.
4. Fixed: Several fixes and improvements to skinned scrollbars.
5. Fixed: Media Center was failing to play APE files.
6. Fixed: Attempt to connect to Media Server on port other than 80 would fail.
7. Fixed: Media Center was not retrieving shoutcast info correctly.
8. Changed: MJ 8 decoder replaced everywhere with new playback core.

We're still getting more bugs reported than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.    

Thanks for your help and support.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cyberchino

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 9.0.98 beta
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 12:27:41 pm »

HELP???
I can not access the FTP site for some bizarre reason.  Can anybody help me?
Any alternative way to download ver.98?

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 12:48:08 pm »

WooHoo!!!!!!!!! It works, it really works. Most stable version yet for me. Media server on alternate port working. Downloaded to my pda w/o a problem. Everything seems to work great so far. Better than any build so far.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.98 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1401 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 227 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive M:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive M: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

kentschu

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 12:55:19 pm »

BUG:

When selecting Export All Playlists, the entire program will shut down after only exporting about half of the playlists.  HOWEVER, it works normally when using a different library.  My main music library (that I normally export all playlists from) causes the problem.  I can't find any pattern as to why it exports some of the playlists yet not others.

Kent

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 12:58:27 pm »

I spoke a little soon about downloading to pda. Decoded,encoded, normalized, tranfered one song and media core crashed right at the end of downloading the first file. Trying again, by dragging and dropping from temp folder to pda w/o any conversion.

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2003, 12:59:45 pm »

I spoke a little soon about downloading to pda. Decoded,encoded, normalized, tranfered one song and media core crashed right at the end of downloading the first file. Trying again, by dragging and dropping from temp folder to pda w/o any conversion. Just crashed again.

Here is the error:
AppName: media jukebox.exe       AppVer: 9.0.98.0       ModName: mfc42.dll
ModVer: 6.0.8665.0       Offset: 00003eb8

kentschu

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2003, 01:03:13 pm »

STILL EXISTING BUG:

When exporting a single playlist, it still defaults to the name "playlist.m3u" rather than the actual name of the playlist.

Kent

Autoelph

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2003, 01:24:22 pm »

Skinned scroll bars still very erratic.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2003, 02:06:26 pm »

MC still disassociates itself with files on opening if always reclaim file associations using media scheduler is on.  Turn this off and this does not happen.  Surely this is the reverse of what should happen??

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2003, 02:08:28 pm »

Colors are still doing strange things in the visulaiion studio.  A visualization I designed in .92 that had blue bars now has orange bars yet I haven't changed the color setting in any way.  This change happened around about buil .94 and hasn't been fixed since...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2003, 03:46:45 pm »

Recorder still doesn't work.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.98 -- d:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Celeron 534 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 88 MB
Resource Info: System - 30 %, GDI - 61 %, User - 30 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F:          40X12X48 CD-RW     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
That's right.
I'm cool.

RemyJ

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2003, 04:24:18 pm »

• Fixed: Can't connect to any media server.
  • Fixed: View schemes based on artist with grouping size greater than 1 are broken.  The tree entry for the group has a special character in it and there are no entries in the group.  I.E.  A tree entry that should be "A-C" show up as "A?A-C" where ? is a "square block" character.

• Now that you can get past the "Invalid Media Server Information" message box when searching for media servers, I still get multiple duplicate replies from the server if either the server or client have multiple network interfaces.  
  • When the media server responds to a search, it responds with the first interface it's bound to even if that interface isn't reachable by the client that issued the search request.   My server has 2 interfaces, one private, one public.  My laptop is on the public network.  I issue a search from the laptop and the server responds with the name and ip address of the private interface which the laptop can never reach.  Combined with the previous problem, I can get 4 responses for the private interface, all useless.
  • If the client actually gets only 1 response, it tries to connect immediately.  It should problably give you an option to see the response and confirm that you want to connect to it.
  • If you cancel out of the list box with the responses you get a "failed to connect" message and you get dumped into the default library instead of the library you were originally connected to.
  • Crossfade settings are ignored during an audio burn.
  • Column widths aren't saving again.  You have to drag the column separator twice to get the first change to stick.
  • Installing 9.0.95 blew away all my my custom view schemes.
  • Overflow handling always reverts to "clip protection"
  • When "Decode directly to CD" is unchecked, and you burn more than 1 CD, the raw temp file is deleted and recreated for each CD instead of using the one created at the start of the first burn.  
  • In "File Naming and Location" you can't enter paths with leading or trailing periods.  I.E.  If I try to enter a path for track images like "m:\.coverart" the period gets stripped out as soon as I move the cursor out of the entry field. Any valid file system path should be allowed.
  • Can't turn off tooltips for the drop target and player controls.
  • MP3 Encoder settings are broken again.  If you select "custom" and press advanced, you get the quality selection dialog instead of the custom command line dialog.
  • Analyze audio during rip doesn't do anything.
  • Burn space status bar is incorrect on first look.  Have to refresh to get it right.
  • When collapsing "Auto Smartlists (audio)" after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%. (maybe not a "problem", but it's still a pain)
  • Ripping in digital secure mode hangs near the end of the last audio track if there is also a data track on the cd.  Have to cancel, wait for everything to release, then rip the last track in digital large buffer mode.  

Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
    Intel Pentium 4 2365 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 345 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
    Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     CD-RW  CRX175A     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Drive E: TDK      CDRW4800B          Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

jhilker

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2003, 04:25:52 pm »

Can't get it to recognize audio CD's - no files come up as they did before...

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.98 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 597 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 1 MB
Resource Info: System - 46 %, GDI - 63 %, User - 46 %

wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1019) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1998 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive M:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive N:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive M: LG       CD-RW CED-8083B    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2003, 04:36:56 pm »

Windows ME:

Ipod plugin installs, and better yet, appears to work.  Haven't tried a 'delete files' synch yet; I don't want to temp fate.  Other issues:

1. As Moriarty posted, the CD drives show up on the tree, but they don't detect a CD when placed into the drive.

2.  If I try to delete a song from the library, and also select "delete from hard drive?", I get an error message:    

Media jukebox has caused an error in UNICOWS.DLL.
Media jukebox will now close.

DOH!!! Unicows is back!! Who are these solitary bovine fiends anyway??

The only place the unicows file is present is in C/WIN, and now that it is there, I can't remove it...And, with all the unicode problems, probably shouldn't even if I could.

3.  When I go into "customize toolbar,"  there are no "add" options  (with the exception of the seperator)--I can only remove functional icons from the toolbar; can't add any.

Posted this on the 97 board, these problems persist in 98.  The ipod plugin still downloads though, thankfully :)

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2003, 04:47:35 pm »

Well, I took the plunge and loaded .098 (after doing a DriveImage backup). I've found funny things in Plug-In Land:

As you can see above, there are now horizontal bars that seems like a gradient running from bottom to top. Note that the bars are only on the Dialog Box behind the CTreeCtrl, CListCtrl and buttons. There's a high-resolution copy (1.1Mb) at: http://www.eldoradosoft.com/temp/MC9-bug5.bmp

Although the example above is my Plug-in, here is SleepTimer:

Here you can see not only the horizontal bars in the background Dialog Box, but also vertical bars that appear in the "Sleep" button when the cursor is over it (Alt+PrintScreen doesn't capture the cursor).

The "Sleep Button Bars" were present in .088, but the horizontal bars are new to .098. I have not used betas between the two.

These images are at 16-bit color resolution. If I increase the video driver settings to 32-bit, the bars are thinner and the tranisition between them more subtle, but they're still there. If this was intended to be "attractive", I'd like to vote Thumbs Down and return to a non-gradient background. BTW, if you look at this version of MC over PCAnywhere... there is no gradient, just improper white areas:

Here is another change from .088:

In .088, I was going to report a bug about the Plug-In client area not being set to (0,0) of the MC9 client window. In .088, the background was gray, so if I made my primary dialog "No Border" it looked fine. In .098, the background for Plug-ins appears to be white, so there is now this uncool white space above any dialog created by a plug-in. The Plug-in needs to have the proper client area rectangle defined.

Note: the height of the white area above the plug-in dialog is about the same height as the splitter-window control. It's like the splitter-window-control height is still being subtracted from the client area available to the Plug-in, but the spliiter control is not being drawn.

Finally, looking carefully at the "Synchronize" button in my plug-in, you'll see the underscore from the "&" character extends too far to the right.

ZRocker

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2003, 04:56:18 pm »

Bugs:
1. I just played an audio CD burned with MC 9.0.97 in my car stereo and the CD-Text info was all wacked.  The CD Title was partially right, partially corrupt and truncated.  The tracks names were either missing, corrupt, blank or just wrong for all tracks.  Guessing this is a Unicode-conversion problem not yet resolved in the CD writer.

2. Not seen fixed...so, if you have two soundcards installed on your PC, MC can play to either soundcard but the volumn slider (control) always controls the 'first' soundcard recognized (or maybe the preferred soundcard) on the PC.

RemyJ

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2003, 05:28:19 pm »

• Can't burn data CDs.  "Failed: Open session. Invalid field in parameter list".  Burning audio CDs works OK.

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
    Intel Pentium 4 2374 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 387 MB

Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     CD-RW  CRX175A     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2003, 05:53:36 pm »

I Love the new scroll bar skinning.

MegaMe and MiniMe skinning still doesn't work, i hadda finally goto a skinning community site and get teh zip files  :-/.

Burning process has a memory leak that takes basically all of it, as well as my cpu.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.98 -- D:\-=Software=-\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1797 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 251 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\Windows XP Default.wav

Burning /  Drive H: TDK      CDRW241040X        Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2003, 06:10:40 pm »

Aw man, all my carefully crafted View Schemes got blown away going from .088 to .098!

There really needs to be an Import/Export of Smartlists so (a) THIS is not such a big deal, and (b) we can send them to friends.

Sigh.....

kentschu

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2003, 06:11:08 pm »

Well, there is definitely a problem with Export All Playlists.  Here's more details:

As I mentioned earlier, my major music library (I have two libraries total) crashes every time I try to export all playlists.  It never did this in .89.  It successfully exports all playlists for my alternate library.

I tried installing an older version (.89) and it crashed everything badly until I realized that I needed to uninstall .98 first then re-install .89.

I did that and then got an error saying that it couldn't open MC because the current library was made using a newer version.  So I tried installing .98 again to see if the uninstall/reinstall would fix the problem.  It didn't.  So I again uninstalled .98.  And I deleted the library files.  Then I reinstalled .89 and restored the files from a backup that I had made with .89 prior to upgrading to .97/.98.  It works perfectly and exports all playlists without crashing.  I then installed .98 again and once again it immediately crashed when I tried to export all playlists.

I don't know what is unique about this library, except that it has a lot of playlists (probably 40 or more contained in 12 or more playlist groups).  My other library that doesn't crash when exporting all playlists only has a total of about 15 playlists.

Can I provide any additional information to help you duplicate the problem?

I'm a bit stuck now because I don't have a recent .89 backup of my alternate library, so I'm stuck either not using it (because the current library won't work with the older program version) or using an old backup (it's about 3 weeks out of date).
Any suggestions?

Kent

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2003, 06:23:28 pm »

BUG:

When I clicked on My Computer, MC waits, and then report SERVER BUSY, and ask me to close application?

I reinstalled or reboot the system, the same error appeared.  I then clicked o Web Media, TV Tuner etc, then clicked on My Computer.  It then works.

I believe when booting up after installing, was too eager to enter into MC, and it got a liitle crazy.  It is now OK.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.98 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 253 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 88 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive F: MATSHITA UJDA730 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2003, 06:36:22 pm »

The new scroll bars have a small drawing problem:

I doubled its size so you could see it better. The white "shading highlight" on the left side of the scroll bar seems to be drawn after the Up/Down arrows and the Scroll Position Indicator.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2003, 07:13:54 pm »

More stuff from Plug-in-ville...

First, after recompiling my Plug-in with the new Type Library released 10-Jan-03, the horizontal banding in the dialog backgrounds seems to be gone.

Correction: I am still in 32-bit color, and the bands are still there. They are just more subtle. In 16-bit color they are still quite evident.

There is another problem:

Look at the icons in the "Select a Folder" CTreeCtrl, and the "Music Sets" CListCtrl in the Plug-in view. When using .088, those bluish boxes surrounding my icons were transparent, made using CImageList with a chosen transparent color:
         mFolderImageList.Create(IDB_FOLDER_TREE_ICONS, 16, 1, RGB(0, 130, 132));

This worked great with .088. Under .098, in all CListCtrls and CTreeCtrls, the "transparent color" parameter seems to be ignored, mapping all colors into the 16x16 area directly. This is the case both before and after recompiling my Plug-in. I'd guess that anyone using MFC controls will see the same thing.

(Please... I'm still hoping someone at JR will let me know how to discriminate an empty Playlist from an empty Playlist Group through IMJPlaylistAutomation...)

bellipod

• Recent member
  • iPod rocks!
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2003, 08:17:09 pm »

I still cannot even hook my iPod up with my computer now with MC9!!!  I just downloaded both this version (.98) and have the latest plug-in (.44) and my computer recognizes the iPod, but MC9 shuts down when I try to click on the iPod drive letter (E:).

What do I do??

IanH

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never fly the "A" model of anything...
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2003, 08:48:33 pm »

Went to delete a a song from my audio library, ticked remove from hard drive also...Crash.  Tried again...Crash. Unicows again!

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.96 -- E:\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 697 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 438 MB
Resource Info: System - 25 %, GDI - 69 %, User - 25 %

wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:4
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive K: SONY     CD-RW  CRX100E     Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

bellipod

• Recent member
  • iPod rocks!
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2003, 10:01:55 pm »

Steve -

I got it all to work.  I had to use the Apple updater to reformat iPod and then started all over.  MC still closed down a few times on me just like before (before I could get iPod to work with it) but MC did tell me that my iPod might not be formatted for MC.  So....I hit OK and right-clicked on the iPod before Windows could shut it down, and the option to format came up.  Everything went smoothly from there.  It even transferred all of my playlists.  
I have not tried another transfer yet, the battery went out on me.  I will tomorrow when I have more files to upload to it.

Thanks!

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2003, 11:29:00 pm »

Matt - thanks for putting the beta notice and link in the .097 list!

bellipod - your topic seemed better for iPod Help 2, so I posted a reply there.

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1042324321;start=50#84

Bug:

The correct bitrate for the APE file is 848; 4:17 is shown in the Tip window. Also, I've seen songs with very long names; could you maybe put the time in the bottom row? If it were the first item, it would be prominent, but it would never be lost at the right end of a long song name.

Bug:

The first shows MC9 with no Mega-skin. I've opened a dialog with CTreeCtrl, created with TVS_CHECKBOXES selected. The check-boxes appear properly with Mega-skin disabled. In the second image, Mega-skin is "Z". There is space in the dialog sufficient to hold the check-boxes, but they aren't visible. Curiously, the
  • controls are active 16 pixels to the left - where they would be positioned if the check-boxes were directly left of the text.

It seems there are two issues: 1) the
  • buttons are not under their active area, 16 pixels left of current, and 2) the check-boxes don't appear. (Also, the "Transparent Color problem" is evident here) (As is the horizontal banding - this is at 32-bits with an NVIDIA GeForce 4. It seems like it needs to be much smoother at 16-bits, or the gradient should be removed (IMHO, FWIW))

'night, Randy

richelesro

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2003, 11:46:16 pm »

I haven't tried reproducing this, but I was in the middle of an MP3 when I paused it.  I left for about 20 minutes, came back, and clicked 'Play'.  MC changed the button, I heard a couple clicks from the speakers and then silence.  MC stopped responding to anything but closing the window.
James Bailey

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2003, 11:56:15 pm »

Bug:

Without mega-skins, the button's window text is properly wrapped when a \n is in the text string. With mega-skins, the button does not wrap the window text, but substitutes a bold vertical bar for the \n. Perhaps the MC skins are not recognizing the MULTILINE flag?

crowhurst100

• Jedimaster "Chucky"
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2003, 12:19:50 am »

Installed on a freshly fomated Windows XP, when I tried to enter license file diolog box will not scroll to locate file. Also tried putting license in folder on left of diolog box but when I enter license Media Center locks up.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2003, 03:44:06 am »

>> Installed on a freshly fomated Windows XP, when
>> I tried to enter license file diolog box will not scroll
>> to locate file. Also tried putting license in folder on
>> left of diolog box but when I enter license Media
>> Center locks up.
MC9 does not use a license file that you put some place.

MC9 does have a license file that you can dbl click on and it will register MC.

The license file is only good for 14 days.

if your license file is older than 14 days you must go to the restore page to get another license file.

Link to restore page:
http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/restore.html
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Autoelph

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2003, 03:49:26 am »

There seems to a number of explorer type windows that have scrolling problems or no scroll at all (with skinned scroll bars, this is not a problem with skinning turned off).

To recreate, goto image flyout, click tools\add...this window has no scrolling available (but paging through entires works fine).

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2003, 04:15:42 am »

1. No desktop icon
2. No volume control slider
3. Ctrl++ does'nt work
4. Ctrl+- does'nt work
5. Ctrl+M does'nt work
6. Opening up 'My Computer' on the tree allows me to then open up 'C' ok, then 'Windows' ok but there's no 'Desktop' showing within the 'Windows' folder. All other folders are there - strange !!!

Any help with the volume control problem would be appreciated as it's a bit of a pain in the posterior like this - thanks

Jim

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 598 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 19 MB
Resource Info: System - 45 %, GDI - 65 %, User - 45 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2003, 05:14:04 am »

JollyJim,
Try reinstalling your sound card driver.  You can start a new thread if you need to.  I don't think that one is our bug.

A search here for "volume slider" might get you more info.

Jim

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2003, 08:50:14 am »

John T.,  I can not burn an audio CD at any speed when I have "decode files directly to CD".  The highest burn rate I can do with my current settings is 10X and again I have been able with older version of MJB and MC to burn at 16X.  Thank you, Joe Karnes

Intel Pentium II 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 259 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Burning /  Drive D: HP       CD-Writer+ 9700k   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2003, 08:55:36 am »

Back from holidays, went form build 89 to 98:

- Exporting a playlist to m3u uses playlist.m3u as name in stead of the playlist name

- Playing a stream web station, MC adds a playlist and imports the stream as a file.

- Left tree collapses on startup

- Uploading more than 100 files to my Handheld device gives an error at the end "error opening file" and not all files are uploaded then

- When sending e.g. 5 mp3's to external tool MP3Gain, it opens 5 times MP3Gain i.s.o. Adding those 5 files to 1 MP3Gain and those 5 MP3Gain instances have all the same file in it.

- When deleting a file with shift from Playing now when a song is playing, the focus of the currently playing song is gone
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

nila

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2003, 09:50:59 am »

BUG
  • The skins for the scrollbars - works fine for me in the left pane, on the properties window however when scrolling then appear then disappear. Also, the properties txt fields overlap them.

REQUEST
  • We still desperately need the ability to create new 'Categories' for the properties window. Right now it's too fixed.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2003, 10:28:24 am »

BUG:

I have an MP3 file with an image file "Inside File."  The image file displays properly.  Then, I edit the file properties and apply changes (add lyrics, for example).   Now, MC9 now longer recongizes that the image file is "Inside File."  Rather, it thinks the image file is located at "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data
Cover Art\(Multiple Artists) - Album Name.jpg".  No such file exists.  MC9 should countine to read the image file "Inside File."

I tried the update library function, but this did not fix the reference.  I cleared my library and reloaded.  MC9 now properly reads the image as "Inside File."  However, if I change the file properties, the problem reoccurs.

Question:

Where can I obtain a complete list of MC9 database files along with the field mappings. In other words, when I import media, what is the source for each of the database fields?

Steve

ZRocker

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2003, 10:30:54 am »

Bugs:
1. The File Properties dropdown boxes do not redraw correctly if you alt-tab away from them to IE and alt-tab back to MC (when the focus is in one of the dropdowns)...see:

Before:

After:

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2003, 10:43:03 am »

We still desperately need the ability to create new 'Categories' for the properties window. Right now it's too fixed.

I second this request! On top of that, I want to drag-n-drop categories to places that feel right to me. I really want the song title at the top, but now the entries are alphabetical.

Also, if I right-click a file and choose Properties..., I want the Properties view to switch to the Properties page. If I was recently looking at Statistics and choose Properties from the context menu, what I see is the Statistics.

Ideally, there would be a "Statistics..." choice right above "Properties...", and each would activate the right page.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2003, 11:08:24 am »

Matt... please, PLEASE try this:

Get yourself 20 WAV files, 3+ minutes long. Start a Tools / Convert Format on MC9, from WAV to MP3, Encoding Quality: High, Encoding Options: High Quality.

Now try to use VC. Within two minutes you'll go nuts, and want to stop the conversion. Your keystrokes won't be echoed for many seconds... compiles take forever... it is not practically usable. When MC is doing a conversion (or Audio Analysis), it hogs the CPU in a major way.

I understand that, when you're encoding while ripping, it's necessary to take all the CPU that's available. But if MC9 is doing an "off-line" task, it should be more generous with CPU resources.

I have 750+ CD's I'm encoding into APE with a farm of W/D 120Gb disks to hold them. I'm converting them first to Normal/Normal MP3 to make them available to the iPod. Then I re-convert them to MP3 Normal-High/High or High/High to get primo encoding. Since this can take nearly as long to encode as to play (even at 2.5GHz), I really want it running all the time, at low priority, taking what resources it can get while I work.

I truly believe that if LAME dispatched pending Windows messages after it finishes each MP3 frame, things would work much better. There could be a flag that tells LAME that it's not running real-time, and to give Windows "a piece of the action".

Pretty please, with sugar on top...
Pages: [1]   Go Up